Sol Bamba criticism

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sol Bamba criticism

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:25 am

I have s feeling that I may be slated for this but I really do think that Bamba should take a leaf out of Sean Morrison’s book when it comes to defending. Not sure whether it was because in the first half we were knocking the balm about do well and he thought ‘I’ll have a bit of that’ as I counted at least 3 times when he ditherered on the balk, trying to be clever rather than having a quick look and if nothing was on - boot!!!!
I think he’s a great defender and is one of my candidates for player of the season but I hope NW had a strong word with him about this after the match.
Ps. I also think the Manga at right back experiment needs to end now that Jazz is back.
bluebirdoct1962

Sol Bamba criticism

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sol Bamba criticism

Postby Bluebina » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:42 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I have s feeling that I may be slated for this but I really do think that Bamba should take a leaf out of Sean Morrison’s book when it comes to defending. Not sure whether it was because in the first half we were knocking the balm about do well and he thought ‘I’ll have a bit of that’ as I counted at least 3 times when he ditherered on the balk, trying to be clever rather than having a quick look and if nothing was on - boot!!!!
I think he’s a great defender and is one of my candidates for player of the season but I hope NW had a strong word with him about this after the match.
Ps. I also think the Manga at right back experiment needs to end now that Jazz is back.

It was plain to see he had a real off game, Warnock will show him this week, he hates defenders over playing. I am sure he will be back to his best next week and for the remainder of the season.
Bluebina

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 am

Bluebina wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I have s feeling that I may be slated for this but I really do think that Bamba should take a leaf out of Sean Morrison’s book when it comes to defending. Not sure whether it was because in the first half we were knocking the balm about do well and he thought ‘I’ll have a bit of that’ as I counted at least 3 times when he ditherered on the balk, trying to be clever rather than having a quick look and if nothing was on - boot!!!!

It was plain to see he had a real off game, Warnock will show him this week, he hates defenders over playing. I am sure he will be back to his best next week and for the remainder of the season.

Manga looks totally out of sorts to me and he makes me nervous every time the opposition get anywhere near our penalty area. His only out ball now seems to be a hoof down the line and agree he needs to be taken out of the full back position even if it means a spell on the bench.
Bluebird For Life

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 am

Bamba is as very poor yesterday, but I can’t see how people are criticising Manga. He made two critical interceptions/tackles late on to stop a potential goal. And you can’t have been watching the right game as he wasn’t playing right back.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby kimble » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Totally agree ...Warnock said earlier in the season that Bamba is better when he does the simple things and doesn t try to play football.

Manga is too slow for right back and I don t think a back three suits our play...i would stick with bamba and Morrison and put a recognised rt back in.
kimble

Postby NyeBluebird » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Bamba is as very poor yesterday, but I can’t see how people are criticising Manga. He made two critical interceptions/tackles late on to stop a potential goal. And you can’t have been watching the right game as he wasn’t playing right back.

Manga lost the ball repeatedly and was caught out of position many times. He was playing RB, as Richards was tracking Adam Reach all game.
NyeBluebird

Postby Stants Step over » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Sol went back into Beckenbauer mode because we played 5 defenders again and there is no link between them and the two man midfield.

All these players grew up in a flat back 4. Now we have another real central midfielder in the squad we need to stop tossing around trying to create systems around our best available players and keep everyone to their best position.

Whether its 4231 that squeezes Tomlin into the team or 433 with Gunnars back the manager needs to make a decision on Morrison, Sol and Bamba and any two from three.
Stants Step over

Postby Dobbin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 am

Just been looking at the stats for the game and all the individual players

Passes, air challenges, dribbles, tackles, challenges were all significantly down from the Sunderland game.

He has been immense this season for us but for whatever reason just had a poor game
Dobbin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 am

Dobbin wrote:Just been looking at the stats for the game and all the individual players

Passes, air challenges, dribbles, tackles, challenges were all significantly down from the Sunderland game.

He has been immense this season for us but for whatever reason just had a poor game

100% agree mate.
He's been one of our top performers. Just had a poor game and needs to stick to what he does best. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby northernbluebird » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:17 pm

its been obvious to most people for some time now, that morrison is our best defender.

bamba is a fans favourite and has been excellent for us, but is prone to errors and lapses of concentration. manga is a steady eddie at the back and his defending and passing are both solid.
northernbluebird

Postby thomasblue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Bamba is the type of player who will massively up his game for a match like Man City.

He has to play and he will probably be man of the match.

I would play him in his defensive midfield position sunday to stop them playing through the centre.

I fairness i thought morrison had his worse game for a long time against wednesday
thomasblue

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:08 pm

I think it's time for supporters to admit as good as Bamba is he can't control and command the defence like Morrison does. Bamba is quality and I think he has been superb for us but nothing without Morro.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:50 pm

thomasblue wrote:Bamba is the type of player who will massively up his game for a match like Man City.

He has to play and he will probably be man of the match.

I would play him in his defensive midfield position sunday to stop them playing through the centre.

I fairness i thought morrison had his worse game for a long time against wednesday

Totally agree.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat