UPDATED: PAPER TICKETS NOT MEMBERSHIP CARDS FOR MAN CITY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:33 am

Can someone with knowledge answer this question?

E-mail I've received says membership cards will be activated for Man City; presumably only this if this is in own seat?

But do they mean membership or season tickets or both? Understand that if move from normal seat a paper one is issued, as I've already done this. But are all tickets paper? (Sytner is different) :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Paper tickets or st card for man c?

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 am

I'm sure my e-mail said tickets will be posted to the STH's registered address but hopefully someone will be able to confirm without confusion :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: Paper tickets or st card for man c?

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Sven wrote:I'm sure my e-mail said tickets will be posted to the STH's registered address but hopefully someone will be able to confirm without confusion :thumbright:

Yes tickets sent to registered address but it clearly states membership cards will be activated! Obviously if move seats to have two seats together yes they issue paper ones standard practice, it's if you stay put that is the question do they just activate card and do they mean membership & season tickets in reference to e-mail :old:
pembroke allan

Re: PAPER TICKETS OR MEMBERSHIP CARDS FOR MAN CITY GAME?

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Bought mine straight afer Mansfield game but received no paper ticket as of yet so presume its loaded on to card.....will ring on monday
1980s Bluebird

Postby STEVE1956 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:21 pm

All Season Ticket Holder’s who booked their own Seats will have it loaded onto your Card.
STEVE1956

Postby fred keenor » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:30 pm

Think the club need to clarify this
Loading onto your season ticket card has not been done in years.
Suggest getting early to ground with payment receipt as last time this happened it caused chaos
fred keenor

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:32 pm

To be fair, Allan has brought up a very valid question and I can see where confusion may be :thumbright:

This is what it says on the e-mail sent to me as a STH..

Your order details

Match Ticket Purchases

If you have purchased your tickets less than 3 working days before match day, please be advised your tickets will be held in collections located between gate entrances 3 and 4 at the stadium.

Any items that are sent via post would be delivered to the following address unless you have chosen another method of delivery

I don't recall being given a delivery 'option' and the message above states "Any items sent via post" and not that they "will" be posted

'STEVE1956' seems confident that STH's (possibly registered and card carrying Members too?) will have their own tickets added to their existing cards, whilst those moving to accommodate sitting with their 'extra' guest will likely have their 'new' seat tickets posted

Hopefully, the definitive answer will appear here on Monday :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:42 pm

99% sure it’s paper ticket. Had already booked mine from ST but went to stadium with mate who had problems with his and they gave me my paper ticket there to save sending it out
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:46 pm

pic
Attachments
2BC77697-451F-441A-8EFC-C6DF04670B62.jpeg
2BC77697-451F-441A-8EFC-C6DF04670B62.jpeg (707.81 KiB) Viewed 2997 times
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:48 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:99% sure it’s paper ticket. Had already booked mine from ST but went to stadium with mate who had problems with his and they gave me my paper ticket there to save sending it out

That's where the confusion lies. I can't remember the last time City download to STH Cards for a cup game and I certainly had a paper one (when I called into the ticket office in person) for the Mansfield game :thumbright:

As I said, we'll find out the definitive answer and post on here ASAP :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Sven

Postby boyo1927 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:56 pm

When I called and ordered mine Friday he said season ticket cards would be activated. Assuming this is if your staying in same seat
boyo1927

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Sven wrote:To be fair, Allan has brought up a very valid question and I can see where confusion may be :thumbright:

Your order details

Match Ticket Purchases

If you have purchased your tickets less than 3 working days before match day, please be advised your tickets will be held in collections located between gate entrances 3 and 4 at the stadium.

Any items that are sent via post would be delivered to the following address unless you have chosen another method of delivery

I don't recall being given a delivery 'option' and the message above states "Any items sent via post" and not that they "will" be posted

'STEVE1956' seems confident that STH's (possibly registered and card carrying Members too?) will have their own tickets added to their existing cards, whilst those moving to accommodate sitting with their 'extra' guest will likely have their 'new' seat tickets posted

Hopefully, the definitive answer will appear here on Monday :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sven it clearly states membership card will be activated! But doesn't say season ticket holders? If move seats clearly you'll get paper ones as per normal , problem will arise nearer to Sunday when maybe no ticket arrives when people expecting them can see panic stations? :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:To be fair, Allan has brought up a very valid question and I can see where confusion may be :thumbright:

Your order details

Match Ticket Purchases

Sven it clearly states membership card will be activated! But doesn't say season ticket holders? If move seats clearly you'll get paper ones as per normal , problem will arise nearer to Sunday when maybe no ticket arrives when people expecting them can see panic stations? :old:

Thanks Allan :thumbright: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby WelshBluebird » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:01 pm

What about season ticket holders like my dad, whose season ticket card hasn't worked so far this season? The club had sent him paper tickets for all games up to the Sunderland game. He now has a new season ticket card that came in the post last week, but the letter with that said it would take effect from the next home league game. I guess the answer will be to ask the ticket office, but wondering if anyone else here is in the same position?
WelshBluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:04 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Your order details

Match Ticket Purchases

All this confusion could been avoided if club simply set out that st holders in own seats will have it activated if they move and all non st holders will have paper ones! Simple really :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Your order details

Match Ticket Purchases

All this confusion could been avoided if club simply set out that st holders in own seats will have it activated if they move and all non st holders will have paper ones! Simple really :thumbup:

My paper ticket is in my season ticket seat though
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby Juventus Blue » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Your order details

Match Ticket Purchases

I haven’t received an email from the club, that’s strange as I bought my 18 tickets on Wednesday
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:34 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Your order details

Match Ticket Purchases

My paper ticket is in my season ticket seat though

This is what I am talking about! They have not made it clear what tickets are being activated!even though clearly states membership cards will be.
pembroke allan

Postby thomasblue » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:49 pm

I waa given a paper version rather than loaded onto my card.

You need to keep your stubs incase we draw a big club in the next round
thomasblue

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:57 pm

Juventus Blue wrote:

Your order details

Match Ticket Purchases

I haven’t received an email from the club, that’s strange as I bought my 18 tickets on Wednesday

That should have happened automatically on completion of the buying transaction on the e-ticketing site! :?

You should have been given a Reference No. at the same time :thumbright:
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Sven wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:

Your order details

Match Ticket Purchases

That should have happened automatically on completion of the buying transaction on the e-ticketing site! :?

Yes I got mine strait away! if I was him I would get onto ticket office asap
pembroke allan

Postby bluespeers » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Sven wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:99% sure it’s paper ticket. Had already booked mine from ST but went to stadium with mate who had problems with his and they gave me my paper ticket there to save sending it out

That's where the confusion lies. I can't remember the last time City download to STH Cards for a cup game and I certainly had a paper one (when I called into the ticket office in person) for the Mansfield game :thumbright:

As I said, we'll find out the definitive answer and post on here ASAP :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

i seem to remember for the Play offs semi finals they downloaded my card and i am sure they did the same for 2012 semi against Palace but for this game i am moving to the Top Tier in the New Stand and the tickets are in the post :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
bluespeers

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:30 am

Tried to ring this morning to clarify but not even in the LONG queue and cut off so at the moment I have no idea, orderered mine last Wednesday morning, normally get paper tickets within 3 days but nothing so far so I am guessing that it is loaded onto card :? ...I hope
1980s Bluebird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:29 am

I just spoke with ticket office after a 10 minute wait and they informed me that it is PAPER TICKET and sent out in batches and not loaded onto Season ticket card or membership card. :ayatollah:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:50 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:I just spoke with ticket office after a 10 minute wait and they informed me that it is PAPER TICKET and sent out in batches and not loaded onto Season ticket card or membership card. :ayatollah:

Thanks Dean. This info is spot on! :thumbup:

Tickets will be sent out in batches; partly according to when they were ordered, so a little patience may be required :ayatollah:
Sven

Re: UPDATED: PAPER TICKETS NOT MEMBERSHIP CARDS FOR MAN CITY

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:57 am

Bought ticket today on membership card at office and received paper ticket! :bluescarf:
About 15 min waiting time down there
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Sven wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:I just spoke with ticket office after a 10 minute wait and they informed me that it is PAPER TICKET and sent out in batches and not loaded onto Season ticket card or membership card. :ayatollah:

Tickets will be sent out in batches; partly according to when they were ordered, so a little patience may be required :ayatollah:

YES, paper tickets regardless of how they are purchased (in person or on-line) :thumbright: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Sven wrote:
Sven wrote:

YES, paper tickets regardless of how they are purchased (in person or on-line) :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mmmm why on earth did they say in e-mail membership card be activated? Anyway glad it's sorted :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Juventus Blue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:

Your order details

Match Ticket Purchases

Yes I got mine strait away! if I was him I would get onto ticket office asap

Allan, I rang the ticket office and they said all my tickets are sorted and ready for posting to me but she said that no one had an email confirmation so I said that some I know definitely had an email confirmation. That’s strange.
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Re: UPDATED: PAPER TICKETS NOT MEMBERSHIP CARDS FOR MAN CITY

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:14 pm

I would have said this is fairly obvious.

It’s normally paper tickets for cup games, regardless of the opposition.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Next

Return to General Chat