Bluesman

Re: UPDATED: "CONFIRMED CARDIFF CITY IN TALKS WITH STRIKER"

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby lilybull » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:37 am

Sven wrote:
lilybull wrote:healey isn't upto scratch at all, zahore isn't interested, Pilkington has been slagged off by the boss but isn't a striker anyway, ward is KO'd, bogle is sub standard, and mcgoaldrought isn't good enough, where is our aspirations for promotion

Quote (lilybull): "Zohore isn't interested!"

Really? Do you actually watch the football or just look at the results? :o :shock:

The guy is making his way back from a nasty injury and is playing better game by game as he returns to match fitness and regains his sharpness! ;)

Got to be fair, you made oi larff...rather loudly! ;) :thumbright: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :clap:

yes I do watch it, week in week out, and sadly I think zahore isn't interested, out of position half the time, and doesn't put a full shift in, yes hes coming back from injury, but if he isn't fit, don't play him
lilybull

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:40 am

Sven wrote:' UPDATED '

Cardiff City have been in talks for the last 10 days with David McGoldrick, the only stumbling block is McGoldrick wages, Ipswich are happy to let him join Cardiff City :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cardiff City are the favourites to sign Ipswich Town’s David McGoldrick according to odds published by BetVictor

Sunday 21st Jan 2018

The 30-year-old striker has now been at Ipswich for four-and-a-half years, five years if you include the initial loan deal, having signed from Nottingham Forest in 2013. And while he may not have been the most fashionable signing in the world, he has been a very good player for Ipswich and that has continued this season. He has scored eight goals in 22 appearances this season though it is noted he hasn’t netted since mid-November when he scored in a 2-2 draw with Hull City.

However his contract is set to expire in the summer and that has led to many teams sniffing around McGoldrick to see if they can snap him up for a reduced fee. And the bookies believe that the team most likely to sign the six-time capped Republic of Ireland striker are Cardiff City. They are looking for more players to keep their promotion bid going and think bringing in a striker like McGoldrick would be an ideal move. They have been priced at a favourable 2/1.

But they aren’t the only team to be given good odds on signing McGoldrick. Birmingham City have been priced at 4/1 as they look for players who can fire them to safety, Fulham have odds of 6/1 of signing McGoldrick as they look for a new striker after the signing of Rui Fonte did not work out while Leeds United have also been given the same odds as they look to get someone who can improve the side enough to get them into the Sky Bet Championship play-offs.

Let's be fair, anything less than grabbon is guna be dissapointing because of all the rumours. Of we can't afford this guys wages then the rumours about grabbon were probably way wide of the mark.
nubbsy

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:27 am

I hope this is wide of the mark. But it's probably true
bluebird7291

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:13 am

bluebird7291 wrote:I hope this is wide of the mark. But it's probably true

He's only one of five potentials and well down the list by the look of things, not log now and the window shuts and we will see which one he got, but it's looking more like Grabban !!!
Bluebina

Postby dogfound » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:30 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Sven wrote:' UPDATED '

Cardiff City have been in talks for the last 10 days with David McGoldrick, the only stumbling block is McGoldrick wages, Ipswich are happy to let him join Cardiff City :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cardiff City are the favourites to sign Ipswich Town’s David McGoldrick according to odds published by BetVictor

Sunday 21st Jan 2018

The 30-year-old striker has now been at Ipswich for four-and-a-half years, five years if you include the initial loan deal, having signed from Nottingham Forest in 2013. And while he may not have been the most fashionable signing in the world, he has been a very good player for Ipswich and that has continued this season. He has scored eight goals in 22 appearances this season though it is noted he hasn’t netted since mid-November when he scored in a 2-2 draw with Hull City.

However his contract is set to expire in the summer and that has led to many teams sniffing around McGoldrick to see if they can snap him up for a reduced fee. And the bookies believe that the team most likely to sign the six-time capped Republic of Ireland striker are Cardiff City. They are looking for more players to keep their promotion bid going and think bringing in a striker like McGoldrick would be an ideal move. They have been priced at a favourable 2/1.

But they aren’t the only team to be given good odds on signing McGoldrick. Birmingham City have been priced at 4/1 as they look for players who can fire them to safety, Fulham have odds of 6/1 of signing McGoldrick as they look for a new striker after the signing of Rui Fonte did not work out while Leeds United have also been given the same odds as they look to get someone who can improve the side enough to get them into the Sky Bet Championship play-offs.

Let's be fair, anything less than grabbon is guna be dissapointing because of all the rumours. Of we can't afford this guys wages then the rumours about grabbon were probably way wide of the mark.

thats rumours for you...repeated and embellished with people desperate to look ITK saying things like..ive had it confirmed { leaving out...by my budgie }....
the Grabban one seems to have stuck because out of ALL the players rumoured i think most fans think he would be a real catch...but to date there has been no reliable source..
dogfound

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:54 pm

lilybull wrote:
Sven wrote:
lilybull wrote:healey isn't upto scratch at all, zahore isn't interested, Pilkington has been slagged off by the boss but isn't a striker anyway, ward is KO'd, bogle is sub standard, and mcgoaldrought isn't good enough, where is our aspirations for promotion

Quote (lilybull): "Zohore isn't interested!"

Really? Do you actually watch the football or just look at the results? :o :shock:

The guy is making his way back from a nasty injury and is playing better game by game as he returns to match fitness and regains his sharpness! ;)

Got to be fair, you made oi larff...rather loudly! ;) :thumbright: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :clap:

yes I do watch it, week in week out, and sadly I think zahore isn't interested, out of position half the time, and doesn't put a full shift in, yes hes coming back from injury, but if he isn't fit, don't play him

So who have we got that's better currently? :?

The boy needs 'match' fitness and the only place to get that is on the team. We'll benefit in the medium to long term! :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby norms76 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:29 pm

If we’re going for players like McGoldrick then we’re not that serious about promotion. Might as well give Healy a good run than sign another old journeyman.

Will be very disappointed if this is the case, if we’ve got the money available, Warnock has said Tan has ok’d it for him to go buy then we can do better than this slow aging striker.

Hopefully just a smokescreen.
norms76

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:43 pm

It’s true, talks have been held and wages are the stumbling block.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Just one of five, we will get better, he's only a back up ..........
Bluebina

Postby norms76 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I’d be gutted if he’s the main target. Warnock has stated he’s got money and we’d be excited by the targets. If the window shuts and we’ve only signed Grujic on loan, Wildschut on loan and McGoldrick then I feel there’ll be a lot of people including me that’ll be very disappointed.

If he’s asking for a lot of money then Warnock should fvck him off and move on. He’s a journeyman ffs.
norms76

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:55 pm

norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I’d be gutted if he’s the main target. Warnock has stated he’s got money and we’d be excited by the targets. If the window shuts and we’ve only signed Grujic on loan, Wildschut on loan and McGoldrick then I feel there’ll be a lot of people including me that’ll be very disappointed.

Read between the lines we want Gabban, he wants to come, we have to wait to see what happens at Bournemouth and will probably get him as the window shuts, if not we've got this one to fall back on, or one of the other three.
Bluebina

Postby norms76 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Bluebina wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Read between the lines we want Gabban, he wants to come, we have to wait to see what happens at Bournemouth and will probably get him as the window shuts, if not we've got this one to fall back on, or one of the other three.

I did say if, and if he is I’ll Be disappointed. It’s gotta be Grabban or someone of that elk if we want enough goals to get us up.
norms76

Previous

Return to General Chat