JURGEN KLOPP: WE MISS GRUJIC ALREADY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:17 pm

Jurgen Klopp reveals why Liverpool are already missing Marko Grujic since his Cardiff City move
By Ian Mitchelmore

Sunday 21st Jan 2018

The midfielder made his debut for Cardiff on Saturday, and Klopp is delighted that Grujic will get the chance to shine at Cardiff

Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool are already missing Marko Grujic from their training group following the Serbian's loan switch to Cardiff City.

Grujic made his debut for the Bluebirds in the 0-0 draw with Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough, playing 77 minutes before being replaced by Callum Paterson.

The 21-year-old impressed although he was unable to help Neil Warnock's side claim all three points against Jos Luhukay's men.

But Klopp says he is delighted that the four-cap Serbia international will get the chance to impress in South Wales, although the German admits the Reds are already missing him in training at Melwood.

“We miss him already in the training group because he developed really in a fantastic way," Klopp told liverpoolfc.com

"But because of the quality we have in the squad, it happened really often that he was not even in the squad. That’s not nice and he needs these 20 games in the Championship. I’m really happy for him.

“We had a long conversation about it and he’s looking forward to it. He wants to be a Liverpool player and I want him to be a Liverpool player. He gets the opportunity to play at Cardiff.

“It’s a difficult league as we all know. They are in a good position and maybe they will have play-off games, which would be a fantastic experience. So it’s a very good decision.”

READ MORE
How Liverpool star Marko Grujic played on his Cardiff City debut - the verdict

Klopp wants Grujic getting game time (Image: Getty Images Europe)
Grujic will spend the remainder of the 2017-18 campaign on loan at Cardiff City Stadium and is likely to make his home bow in the FA Cup fourth round clash with Manchester City in the Welsh capital next weekend.

Ahead of his side's trip to Hillsborough, Warnock revealed that Cardiff will be punished by Liverpool if Grujic does not play at least 14 times for Cardiff between now and the end of the season.

But given his experience with Liverpool and the Serbian national side along with the injuries to Craig Bryson and Aron Gunnarsson, Grujic can expect to get plenty of minutes under Warnock over the next few months.
Attachments
AG.jpg
AG.jpg (48.31 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: JURGEN KLOPP: WE MISS GRUJIC ALREADY

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Yes,yes Kloppy get him fit for the World Cup and then flog him for 50m. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Return to General Chat