Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

As we are heavily linked with both, who would you prefer??

Poll ended at Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Grabban
100%
McGoldrick
No votes

Total votes : 68

Grabban or McGoldrick?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:47 pm

As we are heavily linked with both, who would you prefer?

Re: Grabban or McGoldrick?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Easy choice, in my opinion Mcgoldrick is no better than Pilkington so I would rather keep him in the squad than get Mcgoldrick in with extra wages to pay, I don't think many on here see him the one to score the goals to get us promoted so for that reason I voted Grabban as I believe he would offer us something different.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Probably does'nt matter who even Mr Warnock prefers. Like most things in life, it will come down to money and affordability. I expect he would quite like to get Messi, but he will be the same as lots of other players, out of our price range and almost certainly not interested in a move to S Wales. Unfortunately a certain player becoming available does not mean he will be on his way here. I have taken all the names linked with us so far with a large pinch of salt. Like I have said before, I will believe we have signed someone when he is pictured at the CCS holding a Cardiff City shirt. :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Grabban is clearly going to be favourite as he is a Premier player on loan at a Championship club. Hes scored more goals this season and would appear a more attractive proposition. Don't forget though McGoldrick is a steady eddie highly experienced goalscorer at this level

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:14 pm

Barclay1 wrote:As we are heavily linked with both, who would you prefer?

Neiher I think we have better than Mcgoldrick, Grabban is better but rumor has it Bad Attitude , why did Sunderland want rid of him ? :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:16 pm

I’d be very disappointed if we went for McGoldrick instead of Grabban.

McGoldrick is past it.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:17 pm

bluespeers wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:As we are heavily linked with both, who would you prefer?

Neiher I think we have better than Mcgoldrick, Grabban is better but rumor has it Bad Attitude , why did Sunderland want rid of him ? :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sunderland did not want rid of him, he wanted out of there. Can’t blame him, the club is ruined from top to bottom.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:20 pm

He was on loan at Sunderland....they can't afford to buy him. With 12 goals before Xmas, he's class at this level.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Both

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:09 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Probably does'nt matter who even Mr Warnock prefers. Like most things in life, it will come down to money and affordability. I expect he would quite like to get Messi, but he will be the same as lots of other players, out of our price range and almost certainly not interested in a move to S Wales. Unfortunately a certain player becoming available does not mean he will be on his way here. I have taken all the names linked with us so far with a large pinch of salt. Like I have said before, I will believe we have signed someone when he is pictured at the CCS holding a Cardiff City shirt. :bluescarf:

agree....heavily linked seems to mean...by a twitter account that is then rehashed by football sites..even when managers say there has been no contact..
im sure NW has targets and should he get one , it will come out of the blue.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:30 pm

A daft 'Poll' in my opinion (certainly didn't place a vote) but it is what it is :roll:

The OP seems to be assuming these are the only two in the mix when we should all know better and it could all change tomorrow! ;)

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:07 pm

Sven wrote:A daft 'Poll' in my opinion (certainly didn't place a vote) but it is what it is :roll:

The OP seems to be assuming these are the only two in the mix when we should all know better and it could all change tomorrow! ;)

agree
if this poll had been done a week or 10 days ago it would be..
Doidge
Jerome
or Madine

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:38 am

And Marriott of Peterborough!
Knowing Warnock it'll probably be someone we haven't heard of, with an unpronounceable name.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:00 pm

glad to see a 100% for grabban

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:45 pm

paulh_85 wrote:glad to see a 100% for grabban

64 votes maybe he should run for office in South Wales.