Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FA Cup a bonus

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:18 pm

The likely receipts from this match (gate, TV, prize money and other sales) are going to be close on £1m after Man City have their cut. That will be a welcome boost at this time of year in NW's war-chest Maybe the two strikers we are rumoured to be after.
That glass of mine is always half full :occasion5: :bluebird:

Re: FA Cup a bonus

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:25 pm

Whistler wrote:The likely receipts from this match (gate, TV, prize money and other sales) are going to be close on £1m after Man City have their cut. That will be a welcome boost at this time of year in NW's war-chest Maybe the two strikers we are rumoured to be after.

A good bonus financially, and also creates a lot of interest around the club as can be seen by the threads on here, and the queues for tickets. I don't agree with those who hoped Mansfield would knock us out. The extra cash generated could help get a bit of extra quality in, and that could make all the difference at the end of the season. An extra couple of games should not have any major affect providing we don't suffer any serious injuries, but injuries are just as likely to happen in training or in league games as they are in this tie. I'm all for a good cup run myself.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Whistler wrote:The likely receipts from this match (gate, TV, prize money and other sales) are going to be close on £1m after Man City have their cut. That will be a welcome boost at this time of year in NW's war-chest Maybe the two strikers we are rumoured to be after.

I make it closer to £500K , what`s your breakdown , remember FA also get a cut of gates .

30,000 at £25 is £750K plus TV money £175K , think FA get 10% and man City Cardiff 50% of that ??

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:42 am

I think it will be closer to the million You forget the extra advertising for the match we will get as well from the game Around 4000 tickets in excess of £50 and boxes being sold for the game for around £1500 plus all parking spots will go I think we have around 300 spare at £8 a pop Only ticket sales are shared but the extra revenue mention plus programme sales and club shops sales are not

You will have main advertisers paying up to 100k as well I would think

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:40 pm

Get a replay or win the game and more money to come in ;)