' Sol Bamba's Wife Not Impressed with Cardiff Fans '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:06 pm

Chloë Bamba
@ch10jo
So next week my husbands team are playing Man City. When I tell you.... THE AMOUNT of out the woodwork “heyyy can I have a ticket” I’m getting :roll: . WHERE WERE U FOR PRESTON NORTH END THOOOO

' CARDIFF CITY V MANCHESTER CITY '

Media Wales

By Tom Coleman.

Monday 22nd January 2018

The game is almost certain to be the first sellout this season, with Cardiff City otherwise largely struggling to attract the crowds befitting of their place in the Championship table this term and not gone unnoticed by Warnock and even owner Vincent Tan.

It's a fact that's not escaped Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock, who paid queuing fans a visit before jokingly asking one supporter where they'd been during the rest of the season .

Those sentiments have now been echoed by Sol Bamba's wife, Chloe, who took to Twitter yesterday to reveal that she'd received numerous requests for tickets for the visit of Pep Guardiola's men.

However, the perceived lack of similar interest in Cardiff's promotion campaign, which despite the goalless draw at Hillsborough, remains on track, has clearly left Chloe unimpressed.

She wrote: "So next week my husband's team are playing Man City. When I tell you.... THE AMOUNT of out the woodwork “heyyy can I have a ticket” I’m getting. WHERE WERE U FOR PRESTON NORTH END THOOOO"

In fairness, an FA Cup tie against one of the Premier League's big guns is always going to lead to heightened interest, but if you're looking for tickets from Mrs Bamba you should probably have a strong ticketing history to hand.
Attachments
JS141257954.jpg
JS141257954.jpg (47.6 KiB) Viewed 4395 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Sol Bamba's Wife Not Impressed with Cardiff Fans '

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Funny I have been going on about our poor crowds this season, yet usual suspects make out its just me.

But Warnock, Vince Alm, Ticket office, Staff, Even the Owner Tan has commented and now Sol Bamba's wife.

Plus the rest of all the other clubs fans.

I have always stated that fans can turn up at different times,dates,live on tv,weather etc if they really want to, there is no excuse and watch Cardiff City :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Funny I have been going on about our poor crowds this season, yet usual suspects make out its just me.

But Warnock, Vince Alm, Ticket office, Staff, Even the Owner Tan has commented and now Sol Bamba's wife.

I have always stated that fans can turn up at different times,dates,live on tv,weather etc if they really want to, there is no excuse and watch Cardiff City :thumbright:

:thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby DEANO » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:28 pm

It’s true but it is what it is no point harping on now
DEANO

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:30 pm

DEANO wrote:It’s true but it is what it is no point harping on now

Deano, But it seems everyone is from Warnock,to Tan, to club staff,to now even a players wife.

Media Wales have put it out today.

Freedom of speech surely?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Funny I have been going on about our poor crowds this season, yet usual suspects make out its just me.

Sorry but that made me laugh :lol: should we be bothered what Sol Bamba wife says.

I don't think many have questioned that fans can turn up when they want to. But at the end of the day people haven't wanted to turn up for a lot of league games. Crowds have been disappointing but if people don't want to go they don't have to, if they think they can do something better with their money or time then they will.

It is what it is, the other difference is some people are more realistic with their league attendance predictions :lol:
2blue2handle

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:36 pm

I think 'Blue Lagoon' asking Mrs Bamba for a 'freebie' was the last straw! ;) :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, whilst we cannot force people to go on a regular basis, the heightened interest in this game shows that at least in theory there is potential for 'big' crowds if the product is right! :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Sorry but that made me laugh :lol: should we be bothered what Sol Bamba wife says.

I don't think many have questioned that fans can turn up when they want to. But at the end of the day people haven't wanted to turn up for a lot of league games. Crowds have been disappointing but if people don't want to go they don't have to, if they think they can do something better with their money or time then they will.

It is what it is, the other difference is some people are more realistic with their league attendance predictions :lol:

Luke, big enough story to make the media again.

Just like Tans words, Warnocks words regarding our crowds etc all making the media every week.

You can say all you like its a major concern to our club.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Milkybarkid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:39 pm

From a woman who does not have to pay for a ticket She can run and do one
Milkybarkid

Postby Wayne S » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:41 pm

Obviously everyone is free to air their voice on the matter but no one is coming up with a reason or more importantly a solution.

There is the obvious...... Tan & Red and then win more and charge less. It's simple really but what do you do when that fails?

Do you then accept that the club now has less fans and is much smaller than it was?
Wayne S

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:46 pm

I asked if she was going to Man City. I didn’t want a ticket I was hoping to give her one while Sol was at the game.
maccydee

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:07 pm

I heard the club cat is complaining about the crowds. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby rhondda 1015 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:09 pm

What a non-story, keep your thoughts to yourself Mrs Bamba...and for that matter, Warnock, Vince Alm, staff, and all the rest...if people want to go they will, if they don't then they won't. Simple as that.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby psw78 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:17 pm

I think this shows that the red shirts and Tan have nothing to do with our low and declining crowds (surely not really a surprise)...unless all of those ‘returning’ are putting their ‘principles’ to one side for one game?!

One big game and we’ll hit our biggest crowd for a few seasons and with no discounts to incentivise.
psw78

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 pm

psw78 wrote:I think this shows that the red shirts and Tan have nothing to do with our low and declining crowds (surely not really a surprise)...unless all of those ‘returning’ are putting their ‘principles’ to one side for one game?!

One big game and we’ll hit our biggest crowd for a few seasons and with no discounts to incentivise.

Have you forgot many are coming to see the opposition, just like in the Premier League and also it’s just a £5 for under 16’s .

For 6 months Cardiff City have been in the Top 3 of the Championship with crowds as low as 15,000 and struggling to reach 20,000.

And also everyone from our club saying comments about how low they are.

This is a one of game against the current biggest club in the UK and one of the biggest in Europe, every club would sell out against them as many are coming to watch the opposition.

So why are they not coming to watch Cardiff City the promotion team home or Away?

And why are the club so worried?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby valleyrambill » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:57 pm

She is right I have had messages asking for tickets where are these people when we are playing Hull Preston etc.

Even the Leeds game the same people asking for Man City tickets stayed in watch the Leeds game on Sky yet they
want to come and see this game.

I understand Annis asking where are the supporters? as I agree especially this season
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby psw78 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
psw78 wrote:I think this shows that the red shirts and Tan have nothing to do with our low and declining crowds (surely not really a surprise)...unless all of those ‘returning’ are putting their ‘principles’ to one side for one game?!

Have you forgot many are coming to see the opposition, just like in the Premier League and also it’s just a £5 for under 16’s .

For 6 months Cardiff City have been in the Top 3 of the Championship with crowds as low as 15,000 and struggling to reach 20,000.

And also everyone from our club saying comments about how low they are.

This is a one of game against the current biggest club in the UK and one of the biggest in Europe, every club would sell out against them as many are coming to watch the opposition.

So why are they not coming to watch Cardiff City the promotion team home or Away?

And why are the club so worried?

I agree it’s concenrning that crowds are so low given our performance this season. My point is that it is fashionable and easy to blame past issues, but I think this dispels that. Man City are only bringing 3.7k which still leaves us with c22k ‘Cardiff’ fans as of today - more than have turned up all season.

It highlights how small our base of core fans actually is and how much harder the club need to work to understand what will get either lapses or new fans through the gates on a consistent basis.
psw78

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 pm

why are people surprised at fans wanting to see man c stars? thats why i'm going makes a change from championship teams but i wont be suppporting them neither will other city fans at ground! :banghead: ,every club fans in the country outside premier will be the same! :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby AHERNE » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:29 pm

Fair plays Sol Bamba has done very well for himself
bamba.jpg
bamba.jpg (53.11 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
AHERNE

Postby dogfound » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:12 am

the club seriously need to look at its marketing .

and i dont mean txting or emailing its existing fans.
dogfound

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:42 am

I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem which is just specific to Cardiff City all Championship teams are struggling to attract support which is comparable to their size and stature.

Our current average is 19,144 which is 1,300 less than Bristol City (a club of comparable size and league status) 20.407.

The Wuzzels however are having their best season in years and have had a brilliant run to the League Cup semi-finals yet are only slightly ahead of us.

The reasons are far fetching and include many variables such as a rebrand/relegation hangover, saturated TV coverage (we have been on TV more times this season than I can remember in a long while), poor weather, cost and the old adage that City always seem to blow it no matter how well they appear to be doing.

It takes time to build up trust which was ripped apart during the relegation PL season and the first season back in the Championship.

But as I said at the beginning these are problems which are facing all clubs. The only real solution is promotion to the PL where full attendances will again become the norm.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:46 am

Note to Mrs Bamba.....

Cardiff City fans have been here long before you and will be here long after you have gone.

Do One ;)
1980s Bluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Luke, big enough story to make the media again.

Just like Tans words, Warnocks words regarding our crowds etc all making the media every week.

You can say all you like its a major concern to our club.

It doesnt take a lot to make Media Wales Annis, they get most ideas and rumours off here anyway :lol:

Yeah it should be a concern to the club, they need to find a way to get more fans in the ground, not my concern though and ceraatinly not a concern of Sol Bambas wife who has probably never paid for a ticket in her life. :lol:
2blue2handle

Postby bluemun » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:59 pm

Tan is so bothered about crowds he never blydi turns up!
bluemun

Return to General Chat