Jacks copying cardiff songs

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Has this always happened? Ive always noticed they sing the songs that we do and thought that they just copy the songs cardiff sing, well this has been confirmed to me just now alfie mawson just scored against liverpool and could hear them sing our tomlin song but it went like “alfie mawson is a jack he hates ?” Couldnt catch the last bit but guessing could he cardiff?

Have they always copied the songs their big brother sings?
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jacks copying cardiff songs

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:53 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Has this always happened? Ive always noticed they sing the songs that we do and thought that they just copy the songs cardiff sing, well this has been confirmed to me just now alfie mawson just scored against liverpool and could hear them sing our tomlin song but it went like “alfie mawson is a jack he hates ?” Couldnt catch the last bit but guessing could he cardiff?

Yup. I’ve noticed this over the years too.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Try this then.....

We all hate Jack scum,
We all hate Jack scum
We all hate Jack scum :D :bluescarf: :D :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby Gaynor Straight » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:40 pm

I doubt that we can claim to be originators of the song. It's probably been sung around many grounds over the years.
Gaynor Straight

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:59 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:I doubt that we can claim to be originators of the song. It's probably been sung around many grounds over the years.

Yeh i agree and a lot of clubs copy eachothers songs, but it seems a trend with swansea cooying nearly all the cardiff songs
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby dogfound » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Has this always happened? Ive always noticed they sing the songs that we do and thought that they just copy the songs cardiff sing, well this has been confirmed to me just now alfie mawson just scored against liverpool and could hear them sing our tomlin song but it went like “alfie mawson is a jack he hates ?” Couldnt catch the last bit but guessing could he cardiff?

yes...but that one wasnt exactly new in the 70s....
dogfound

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:47 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:I doubt that we can claim to be originators of the song. It's probably been sung around many grounds over the years.

Yeh i agree and a lot of clubs copy eachothers songs, but it seems a trend with swansea cooying nearly all the cardiff songs

think the point is, its not a cardiff song... its just a generic one sang by most clubs
paulh_85

Postby LowerLeagueBluebird » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:01 pm

You're absolutely spot on son, it's an absolute disgrace if you ask me and completely disrespectful toward Tomlin. :ayatollah:
LowerLeagueBluebird

Postby LowerLeagueBluebird » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:05 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:Try this then.....

We all hate Jack scum,
We all hate Jack scum
We all hate Jack scum :D :bluescarf: :D :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

That's brilliant mate fair play. :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D :bluescarf:
LowerLeagueBluebird

Postby CF31 Company » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:54 pm

God save the Queen is not one of our songs yet their UnionJack boys sing that :o
CF31 Company

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:00 pm

Another thread about what the Jacks do :roll:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:43 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Another thread about what the Jacks do :roll:

This is just the start now they've won two in a row! Brace yourself.... :( :cry:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dorsetblue » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:10 pm

Sven wrote:

This is just the start now they've won two in a row! Brace yourself.... :( :cry:

Sadly they are out of the bottom 3 and showing signs of survival.
dorsetblue

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 pm

Works both ways we sing city till I die. In 1990s for me this was the Jack's song and we never sang it at the time. Its the one song I don't join in
boyo1927

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:27 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

If a nuke was dropped, the only things showing signs of survival would be cockroaches and the jacks. And that's an insult to cockroaches.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:54 am

dorsetblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Agree...but sadly I meant the Swansea trolls and WUMs that will now infest this Forum :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Felixstowe_jack » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:38 am

Yes I noticed on Sunday watching on TV that the Cardiff fans were singing all the Swansea songs. Guess it is compliment that Cardiff follow Swansea. Second Welsh team in PL.
Felixstowe_jack

Return to General Chat