Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: We are obsessed about

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:30 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:For me the catalyst to our poor attendances is the rebrand.

From the moment we went up to our fall and return to our rightful colours you can think of a number of reasons why our crowds are lower than expected and somewhere embedded in the reason is the rebrand. When we came down but were the favourites to go back up I believe quite a few thought they don't want to go through that Premier experience again specially in red. The disaster of OLE and the poor football from Slade all still in red was the final straw. Some will say you should support your club/team whatever but how many fans of other clubs have gone through that crap.

I also believe the majority that have left us will not come back while Tan is there. The fear in the background that he could do a U turn if we get back to the Premier is there. I mean a leopard never changes his spots. For me we will see these prodigal fans return once Tan has gone. In the meantime the only way we will see higher attendances is we start becoming successful again. However if that happens we will be living a false dream. Lets be honest here but this Sunday we might hit the 30,000 mark but how many of us feel it will be our home. It will be like having a 1000 strangers in your house.

You were a stranger once. Everyone has to start somewhere.

You say rebrand but give a load of other reasons too.

ONCE MORE SO IT HOPEFULLY FINALLY GETS IN. HOW CAN IT BE REBRAND RELATED WHEN THE TWO YEARS POST REBRAND WERE AMONGST OUR HIGHEST CROWDS IN MANY A YEAR AND ONLY TRULY DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY ONCE IN BLUE.

the average crowd for the entire red period was higher than any equal amount of games since..1955/56/57....
i dont think many liked the red but not to the extent of it stopping them going..

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:33 pm

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

From the moment we went up to our fall and return to our rightful colours you can think of a number of reasons why our crowds are lower than expected and somewhere embedded in the reason is the rebrand. When we came down but were the favourites to go back up I believe quite a few thought they don't want to go through that Premier experience again specially in red. The disaster of OLE and the poor football from Slade all still in red was the final straw. Some will say you should support your club/team whatever but how many fans of other clubs have gone through that crap.

I also believe the majority that have left us will not come back while Tan is there. The fear in the background that he could do a U turn if we get back to the Premier is there. I mean a leopard never changes his spots. For me we will see these prodigal fans return once Tan has gone. In the meantime the only way we will see higher attendances is we start becoming successful again. However if that happens we will be living a false dream. Lets be honest here but this Sunday we might hit the 30,000 mark but how many of us feel it will be our home. It will be like having a 1000 strangers in your house.

ONCE MORE SO IT HOPEFULLY FINALLY GETS IN. HOW CAN IT BE REBRAND RELATED WHEN THE TWO YEARS POST REBRAND WERE AMONGST OUR HIGHEST CROWDS IN MANY A YEAR AND ONLY TRULY DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY ONCE IN BLUE.

the average crowd for the entire red period was higher than any equal amount of games since..1955/56/57....
i dont think many liked the red but not to the extent of it stopping them going..

yup.

there will be a few of course there will... but 4/5k? :laughing5:

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:37 pm

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

And many many only came to watch the opposition a fact.

As where are they this season as City are very successful so far?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Premiership year I’ll give you that Annis.

However, the fact crowds are down this year supports the fact it’s not to do with rebrand. We were top of the Championship in red getting crowds higher than 20k. We are now up the top of the Championship in blue getting less than 20k. I can’t see why people can’t understand that.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:This is the main problem. We are all looking for excuses. its like there has to be an excuse. New ground, poor football, re-brand and of course the one i heard recently. 'didn't go since they sold toshack'

its easy to use an excuse it makes a closed case.

I honestly think the real reason is that we are not a big club. we had 10 years of being spoiled with cup finals, play offs and a new stadium which made the average crowds increase.

We have not won anything party from one FA cup. We have had a handful of European nights but thats it.

I know lots of people that will tell you they used to support Cardiff but that ends when reality kicks in. We are the biggest club in the world for ex fans.

Virtually spot on :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

And lost quite a few fans during the Rebrand years, but your mainly spot on Leon :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Completely agree - we are a small club and shouldn't expect large crowds continuously! Crowds fluctuate due to success and that's exactly what I just posted above.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Leon1927 wrote:This is the main problem. We are all looking for excuses. its like there has to be an excuse. New ground, poor football, re-brand and of course the one i heard recently. 'didn't go since they sold toshack'

its easy to use an excuse it makes a closed case.

I honestly think the real reason is that we are not a big club. we had 10 years of being spoiled with cup finals, play offs and a new stadium which made the average crowds increase.

We have not won anything party from one FA cup. We have had a handful of European nights but thats it.

I know lots of people that will tell you they used to support Cardiff but that ends when reality kicks in. We are the biggest club in the world for ex fans.

Totally agree.
People don't need to make an excuse, if they want to go and and afford it they will. If they can't afford it or just don't want to then they won't.

We are in a repetitive spin now, how many years in the champions now? Everything is extra exciting the first time. We have done a lot over a short few years.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:30 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

However, the fact crowds are down this year supports the fact it’s not to do with rebrand. We were top of the Championship in red getting crowds higher than 20k. We are now up the top of the Championship in blue getting less than 20k. I can’t see why people can’t understand that.

Of course it is to do with the rebrand or are you saying its because we are blue the crowds are down? Is this what you are saying Neil?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Of course it is to do with the rebrand or are you saying its because we are blue the crowds are down? Is this what you are saying Neil?

Are you still going on about the re-brand ...zzz zzz zzzz

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:02 pm

Moral is if you are there and supporting the team then why does it concern you if no-one else is going?

On this attendance thing Annis I don't get what point you are trying to make when you post all the people who bring up our attendance if it's players, players partners or just general supporters like what is the actual point you are trying to raise? That's what confuses me like what are you trying to get at?

We get low crowds and there are a number of reasons why we get low crowds and they can be agreed on and disagreed but it ain't going to change unless we go up and it's plain and simple as that.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:18 pm

In common with many I've found our attendances very disappointing this season.its ironic then that the top 3 domestic crowds for any sporting events in wales and the west country so far this season are city v man city city v Leeds and city v villa.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Of course I would be stupid to say that. It’s as accurate as the rebrand being to blame though WHEN FACTS SHOW YOU ARE TALKING BOLLOCKS

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:52 pm

maccydee wrote:
Of course I would be stupid to say that. It’s as accurate as the rebrand being to blame though WHEN FACTS SHOW YOU ARE TALKING BOLLOCKS

The facts are that before the re-brand when we were in a similar situation as now our attendances were 3,100 higher.

Not too sure who did it but someone copied a thread with these facts from Mike board CCMB and that is fact.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:53 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Are you still going on about the re-brand ...zzz zzz zzzz

Hey don't take it out on me.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

The facts are that before the re-brand when we were in a similar situation as now our attendances were 3,100 higher.

Not too sure who did it but someone copied a thread with these facts from Mike board CCMB and that is fact.

During the rebrand in a similar position our crowds were 4/5000 higher.

That’s irrelevant and in fact proves what many on here say that it’s about excitement levels. Our current position isn’t that exciting as we have been there and done it in recent history.

If it was rebrand related the crowds would have been down after the rebrand occurred which they weren’t.

You won’t listen though you never will.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

But then the season we went up we were in red, what does that tell you

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

We spent 12/15 million on players.

Massive crowds though.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:58 pm

maccydee wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Massive crowds though.

We spent £50 million and came straight down and not long after our crowds were the lowest they had been for many a year. All in red may I add.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:11 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Massive crowds though.

We spent £50 million and came straight down and not long after our crowds were the lowest they had been for many a year. All in red may I add.

Plenty of other factors involved too really

There isn’t 3k people not going because of the rebrand it’s silly

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Massive crowds though.

I thought Malky was your hero? He spent 50 million.

Secondly. Our average attendance the year after (still in red) was over 21000. Still pretty decent and much higher than this year.

We then changed colour January 15 and the following seasons (back in blue) we dropped and dropped.

Again, I’m not saying it is anything to do with blue, red, green or yellow. It’s success related.

Debating with you is like debating with a f*cking nine year old stubborn little shit. It’s easy but frustrating at the same time as you keep spouting the same bollocks thinking repetition makes you right.

It doesn’t and you aren’t.