Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock - A Real Worry

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:56 pm

There seems to be no talk of a new contract for him. Do you think the small attendances and/ or lack of available funds to get transfers in now will sway his judgement regarding next year? If so and he leaves I can see a number of players like Hoiliett also leave and a demoralised camp going into next reason - obviously if we fail to get promoted. So shouldn't Tan, Dalmain and Choo be publicity actively here NOW. If Warnock said he's going to sign a new contract this would show intent and be the boost we could do with. Remember recently Warnock said he would be managing next year. However, these words were stated cleverly. He has never said it would be with Cardiff City. Does anyone know any more on this subject? Have I missed something re Warnocks contract? Thoughts Bluebirds?

Re: Warnock - A Real Worry

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Brezza wrote:There seems to be no talk of a new contract for him. Do you think the small attendances and/ or lack of available funds to get transfers in now will sway his judgement regarding next year? If so and he leaves I can see a number of players like Hoiliett also leave and a demoralised camp going into next reason - obviously if we fail to get promoted. So shouldn't Tan, Dalmain and Choo be publicity actively here NOW. If Warnock said he's going to sign a new contract this would show intent and be the boost we could do with. Remember recently Warnock said he would be managing next year. However, these words were stated cleverly. He has never said it would be with Cardiff City. Does anyone know any more on this subject? Have I missed something re Warnocks contract? Thoughts Bluebirds?

For Neil Warnock and contracts, read what's been put up here before, I.e. he's not bothered by them but knows the club want him to stay. Just a formality unless something really unexpected happens. After All, we could win the FA Cup and he might be off to replace 'Pep' ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:40 pm

Brezza wrote:There seems to be no talk of a new contract for him. Do you think the small attendances and/ or lack of available funds to get transfers in now will sway his judgement regarding next year? If so and he leaves I can see a number of players like Hoiliett also leave and a demoralised camp going into next reason - obviously if we fail to get promoted. So shouldn't Tan, Dalmain and Choo be publicity actively here NOW. If Warnock said he's going to sign a new contract this would show intent and be the boost we could do with. Remember recently Warnock said he would be managing next year. However, these words were stated cleverly. He has never said it would be with Cardiff City. Does anyone know any more on this subject? Have I missed something re Warnocks contract? Thoughts Bluebirds?

Warnock doesnt look to far ahead, he has said he doesnt like the prem so why give him a contract when we may still go up.
He has also said he has been well backed when he has asked for anything..

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:48 pm

I think if I was Warnock's age, I would play things from day to day. Nothing to prove any more, not short of a bob or two I imagine, and with his wife having been unwell he may just be waiting to see how this season pans out before committing himself to the game for another twelve months. I am guessing that retirement must have crossed his mind from time to time, perhaps he is getting to the point where he feels it's time to put his feet up and spend some quality time with his family. Pure guesswork on my part, probably thinking of what I would do in his position. I think a lot will depend on what happens here during the rest of the season.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Don't think attendances would worry him .he took qpr up and their support is worse than ours.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:44 pm

re attendances..he has never worked at a club with big support
QPRs were smaller than what we get
Sheff Utd s average during his 6/7 years there work out at about 15k
and the average attendance for his time at Leeds was 21k.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:14 pm

I thought he signed a two year contract in the summer ?

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Its January, chill. Speculating that discussions haven't taken place where we really don't know whats happening behind scenes. The club is being run properly now so assume all of this will also be done

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:I thought he signed a two year contract in the summer ?

yeah he did mate, same time as james collins :lol: