Man city away support still not bigger than man united

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby cardiff 74 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Man city are know only bringing 3/769 supporters to cardiff on Sunday I still don't think they have the pulling power of there rivals United i except the fact that they are in bristol tonight which is live on Sky and then they have got to come back to Cardiff on Sunday for a four o'clock kick off I do understand its a lot of money to follow clubs like city and United and to be fair the big clubs to pull in support from other areas of the country for all man city millions I think if United where in Bristol tonight and then cardiff they certainly would have taken the full allocation I except United pull them from all over the country that's why United will always be the biggar club
cardiff 74

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Man city away support still not bigger than man united

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:16 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:Man city are know only bringing 3/769 supporters to cardiff on Sunday I still don't think they have the pulling power of there rivals United i except the fact that they are in bristol tonight which is live on Sky and then they have got to come back to Cardiff on Sunday for a four o'clock kick off I do understand its a lot of money to follow clubs like city and United and to be fair the big clubs to pull in support from other areas of the country for all man city millions I think if United where in Bristol tonight and then cardiff they certainly would have taken the full allocation I except United pull them from all over the country that's why United will always be the biggar club

Totally agree Martin, United would of sold 6,000 to Cardiff at least :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby cardiff 74 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:Man city are know only bringing 3/769 supporters to cardiff on Sunday I still don't think they have the pulling power of there rivals United i except the fact that they are in bristol tonight which is live on Sky and then they have got to come back to Cardiff on Sunday for a four o'clock kick off I do understand its a lot of money to follow clubs like city and United and to be fair the big clubs to pull in support from other areas of the country for all man city millions I think if United where in Bristol tonight and then cardiff they certainly would have taken the full allocation I except United pull them from all over the country that's why United will always be the biggar club

Totally agree Martin, United would of sold 6,000 to Cardiff at least :thumbright:

To be honest annis they don't sell out the eithad for homes games
cardiff 74

Postby goats » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Thing is Man Utd have got fans everywhere, lots of them. Man City are the new big boys financially but it will take a few decades fir them to have that level of support everywhere like united and liverpoool.
goats

Postby dogfound » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:22 pm

but should we ever be a huge success would you rather be in a crowd of 50k welshmen
or a crowd of 75k a big portion of whom arrived at Manchester airport the day before..
i know United are well supported in and around Manchester but its the world wide fans they have drawn in over decades of success that makes the big difference..City will need to keep this up for another 20years to get close..
dogfound

Postby Stringfellow » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Man City are a massive club but then you have the top level man united, real, Barca, Bayern Munich and ac and juve. Different ball game, can't compare. United always good support vocally as well away from home.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:44 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

To be honest annis they don't sell out the eithad for homes games

Martin, Yes I noticed.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat