Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wonder if Asda will clamp down on parking?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:33 pm

For the big game

Re: Wonder if Asda will clamp down on parking

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:51 pm

It shouldn’t bother you though.

Re: Wonder if Asda will clamp down on parking

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:07 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:It shouldn’t bother you though.

It shouldn't, as he's not going, if he's true to his beliefs! ;)

Apparently, doesn't do Cup games that aren't 'freebies' on his Season Ticket, e.g. Mansfield home! :clap: :ayatollah: :laughing6:

Re: Wonder if Asda will clamp down on parking?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:04 pm

Im going ,i had freebies .

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:30 pm

They can’t do nuffink except encourage you to do a shop before you go :lol:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:32 am

blue lagoon wrote:Im going ,i had freebies .

I doubt it...but your reason for not doing the Mansfield game was "should be free with your season ticket" and at no point did you mention "or if I sponge tickets off friends and/or family" ;)

Either way, you've gone against your so-called principles for a 'big' team! :oops: :lol:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:43 am

Why would they clamp down on parking when the Asda store closes at 4?

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:58 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:Why would they clamp down on parking when the Asda store closes at 4?

That makes it even easiar for them then as well.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:02 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:Why would they clamp down on parking when the Asda store closes at 4?

easier on who?

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Sven wrote:

I doubt it...but your reason for not doing the Mansfield game was "should be free with your season ticket" and at no point did you mention "or if I sponge tickets off friends and/or family" ;)

Either way, you've gone against your so-called principles for a 'big' team! :oops: :lol:

Now I don't get on peoples backs for not going but the hypocrisy here from the op is a bit embarrassing

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

easier on who?

If they decide to ticket people, which i doubt they will but these business see money in the most easiast way and that is reintroducing parking restrictions for one day only.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:22 pm

They close at 4pm - getting out will be murder though :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:27 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

easier on who?

If they decide to ticket people, which i doubt they will but these business see money in the most easiast way and that is reintroducing parking restrictions for one day only.

They have ticketed in the past tho, just ignore it lol

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:51 pm

blue lagoon wrote:For the big game

They cant as they have taken signs down

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 pm

Sven wrote:

He won’t be alone.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:16 am

paulh_85 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

easier on who?

They have ticketed in the past tho, just ignore it lol

No signs (apparently removed?) = no enforceable 'fines'

However, as someone else says, it's going to be rather busy getting in and out, as the attendees (some of whom will be genuine fans) will need to arrive well before the 4pm closing (also kick-off time) and therefor mix with those pesky shoppers going about their normal business

Exiting the car park will be equally busy and patience will be required, as punters try to get home for a late Sunday lunch and the return of Aled Jones to song of Praise!

There are 'Park and Ride' facilities available and they are possibly the best option to a stadium that is pretty poor on parking facilities for its capacity :thumbright: