Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Man City have a real weakness !!

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Get as many crosses into that box as possible, they allowed Bristol Rovers-City to score 2 goals with truly awful defending. Neil Warnock, get them crossing, crossing and getting the ball into the box!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :old:

Re: Man City have a real weakness !!

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Yes, noticed that. Wonder if we can borrow Flint for Sunday.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:12 pm

Noticed that they are not very good at dealing with long balls and crosses

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:24 pm

wez1927 wrote:Noticed that they are not very good at dealing with long balls and crosses

it is a weakness, I have been thinking the last few weeks that for a Neil Warnock team with three long throwers (although granted we haven't got them all on the pitch), how few goals we are scoring from long throws and corners ?

Although I haven't checked the stats and could be wrong, it just seems disappointing to me ?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:26 pm

2-1 Cardiff CITY :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:59 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:Yes, noticed that. Wonder if we can borrow Flint for Sunday.

Who needs Flint when we've got Mozzer :notworthy:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:47 am

Bluebina wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Noticed that they are not very good at dealing with long balls and crosses

it is a weakness, I have been thinking the last few weeks that for a Neil Warnock team with three long throwers (although granted we haven't got them all on the pitch), how few goals we are scoring from long throws and corners ?

Although I haven't checked the stats and could be wrong, it just seems disappointing to me ?

Our long throws are practically a waste of time

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:54 am

Forget any weakness they may have had -they now have Lee Mason as the ref, so we won't get a single 50/50 decision now :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:01 am

Weve got a striker who cant head the ball ffs so we are fecked in open play. Can inly be from throw ins or corners then......Morrison hat trick :thumbright:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:12 am

We don't cross from open play because Zohore can't head a ball. He's over 6 foot and don't think he's ever scored a header for us actually.

Set pieces will be a massive threat though.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:12 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:We don't cross from open play because Zohore can't head a ball. He's over 6 foot and don't think he's ever scored a header for us actually.

And Warnock wants 20m for him. :laughing6:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:45 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:We don't cross from open play because Zohore can't head a ball. He's over 6 foot and don't think he's ever scored a header for us actually.

:old: let's hope we can remember this post on Sunday :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:10 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:

And Warnock wants 20m for him. :laughing6:

That's because he's class at what he does do. Which is, when at his best, pace and power running at/in behind defenders.

If he was 5 ft 10, we would treat him more like an Earnshaw/Chopra but because he's over 6 foot, he's treated a bit like a target man. He's actually not a target man at all.

His heading is his worst attribute. If he had the desire to be a genuine all-round striker, he would need to work on his heading. That being said, if he was, he'd be too good to be playing for us.