Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated “ Pep Guardiola will prepare his Man City side "

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:42 am

Pep Guardiola: "We are going to prepare completely different against Cardiff to how we prepared for Bristol City, because Cardiff, they play a lot of long balls."

The game is a sell out :bluebird:

' UPDATED '

Pep Guardiola will prepare his Man City side for 'long ball' onslaught from Cardiff City

Wednesday 24th Jan 2018

Pep Guardiola admitted Manchester City's preparation will be totally different for this weekend's FA Cup tie against Cardiff City due to the amount of 'long balls' the Bluebirds play.

Speaking after his side's two-legged Carabao Cup victory over Bristol City, Guardiola said the Robins and the Bluebirds aren't comparable, despite currently sitting third and fifth in the Championship.

He will undertake a thorough assessment of Cardiff before this weekend's much-anticipated clash in the Welsh capital.

"The first game was difficult but I think we controlled it today," said Guardiola after Man City's 3-2 win at Ashton Gate.

"They didn't have a lot of chances and scored from two long balls. But the way they try to play is fantastic and a lot of people enjoy that type of football.

"We are going to prepare completely different against Cardiff to how we prepared for Bristol City, because Cardiff, they play a lot of long balls and they are so aggressive, so we have to try and adapt so well."

The former Bayern Munich and Barcelona manager started his preparation by watching the Bluebirds dismantle Mansfield 4-1 in the third round replay.

And despite Man City being in contention for four trophies — having reached the Carabao Cup final at Wembley — Guardiola isn't prepared to let his team take their foot off the accelerator.

"We will be judged depending on the titles that we win," he added.

"All the competitions are important. The next game is the most important thing."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Long ball Cardiff City? “

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:37 am

Sky also said during the match that Jesus will be starting against us

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:24 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Pep Guardiola: "We are going to prepare completely different against Cardiff to how we prepared for Bristol City, because Cardiff, they play a lot of long balls."

We do. Warnock admits as much. Long balls to the top third where we pass it effectively. He’s not criticising us he’s stating a fact.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:31 am

Sam ReaN wrote:Sky also said during the match that Jesus will be starting against us

It's Moses I'm more concerned about, I've heard his through balls can split the defence down the middle :oops:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:43 am

NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:Sky also said during the match that Jesus will be starting against us

It's Moses I'm more concerned about, I've heard his through balls can split the defence down the middle :oops:

Excellent.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:11 am

Lets hope Jesus plays in goals . He wasnt very good with a cross.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:13 am

Vincent Man wrote:Lets hope Jesus plays in goals . He wasnt very good with a cross.

Maybe not but his saves are 100% if you ask him .

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:37 am

Nope he is not the the Messiah..........someone else can fill the next bit in :lol:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:47 am

i imagine sterling will play.. id be shocked if he doesnt start ageruo as they dont have another striker available really.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:05 am

Vincent Man wrote:Lets hope Jesus plays in goals . He wasnt very good with a cross.

For a while I thought that was Stephen Bywater's nickname, as everytime the ball went near him everyone would shout 'Jesus Christ'.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:11 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:

For a while I thought that was Stephen Bywater's nickname, as everytime the ball went near him everyone would shout 'Jesus Christ'.

How about Kostadropalot? Bless him. Awful!

Re: Updated “ Pep Guardiola will prepare his Man City side

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:25 pm

' UPDATED '

Pep Guardiola will prepare his Man City side for 'long ball' onslaught from Cardiff City

Wednesday 24th Jan 2018

Pep Guardiola admitted Manchester City's preparation will be totally different for this weekend's FA Cup tie against Cardiff City due to the amount of 'long balls' the Bluebirds play.

Speaking after his side's two-legged Carabao Cup victory over Bristol City, Guardiola said the Robins and the Bluebirds aren't comparable, despite currently sitting third and fifth in the Championship.

He will undertake a thorough assessment of Cardiff before this weekend's much-anticipated clash in the Welsh capital.

"The first game was difficult but I think we controlled it today," said Guardiola after Man City's 3-2 win at Ashton Gate.

"They didn't have a lot of chances and scored from two long balls. But the way they try to play is fantastic and a lot of people enjoy that type of football.

"We are going to prepare completely different against Cardiff to how we prepared for Bristol City, because Cardiff, they play a lot of long balls and they are so aggressive, so we have to try and adapt so well."

The former Bayern Munich and Barcelona manager started his preparation by watching the Bluebirds dismantle Mansfield 4-1 in the third round replay.

And despite Man City being in contention for four trophies — having reached the Carabao Cup final at Wembley — Guardiola isn't prepared to let his team take their foot off the accelerator.

"We will be judged depending on the titles that we win," he added.

"All the competitions are important. The next game is the most important thing."

Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:09 pm

maccydee wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Excellent.

No you see, that was the red sea not the blue sea

Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:
maccydee wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

Excellent.

No you see, that was the red sea not the blue sea

Haha very good :thumbup: