Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Assault Today “

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:34 pm

I’ve been attending matches all my life with my dad before he passed I’m 19 and frequenty attend home and away!I was sat in my usual seat today also there was a guy sat behind me who sits there every game. He was kicking my seat so I asked him could he stop please from there on he started verbally abusing me who was 59 punched me on the back of the head. I reported it to the stewards who did absolutely nothing moved me to a different seat and refused to look at CCTV! Today I feel absolutely ashamed to be a cardiff fan and seriously considering attending future matches! Any advice on where I go from here would be much appreciated?

Re: Assault Today

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 pm

Young snibs wrote:I’ve been attending matches all my life with my dad before he passed I’m 19 and frequenty attend home and away!I was sat in my usual seat today also there was a guy sat behind me who sits there every game. He was kicking my seat so I asked him could he stop please from there on he started verbally abusing me who was 59 punched me on the back of the head. I reported it to the stewards who did absolutely nothing moved me to a different seat and refused to look at CCTV! Today I feel absolutely ashamed to be a cardiff fan and seriously considering attending future matches! Any advice on where I go from here would be much appreciated?

Sorry to hear about your experience mate.
Contact the club by email is my advice.
Remember that as in all walks of life, there are a few bad apples. 99%of City fans are fine.

Re: Assault Today

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:44 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Young snibs wrote:I’ve been attending matches all my life with my dad before he passed I’m 19 and frequenty attend home and away!I was sat in my usual seat today also there was a guy sat behind me who sits there every game. He was kicking my seat so I asked him could he stop please from there on he started verbally abusing me who was 59 punched me on the back of the head. I reported it to the stewards who did absolutely nothing moved me to a different seat and refused to look at CCTV! Today I feel absolutely ashamed to be a cardiff fan and seriously considering attending future matches! Any advice on where I go from here would be much appreciated?

Sorry to hear about your experience mate.
Contact the club by email is my advice.
Remember that as in all walks of life, there are a few bad apples. 99%of City fans are fine.

Cheers mate I realise that it’s just a shame that it’s one of our own on what should have been a fantastic day of football

Re: “ Assault Today “

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:28 am

If you know his seat number report it to the club. I had a similar experience a couple of seasons ago whereby a man was threatening a youth, I told him to grow up and leave the youth alone. The language and abuse did subside a bit but the youth was still upset all game. I reported this to the club by e-mail providing them with his seat number. The man who had a season ticket for that seat was not seen again in that seat. I don't know if he was banned or moved to another part of the ground. So please e-mail the club with his seat number.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 am

Had a similar one when we moved to different seats a few seasons back - plonker behind us stabbing his finger in our backs if we stood up, shouting in our ear we didn't care about his view etc. Only stood up when the rest of the Ninian stood up, he was vile.

Didn't bother reporting it to the club, but did have a nice chat to him downstairs. Didn't say a word after that...

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 am

Definitely get in touch with the club by email. You shouldn't have to put up with behaviour like that. Hope they sort it for you.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 am

Numbered seating is like living in a council estate. Everyone knows your business, some of the estate is decent. Some need asbo's and moved to the shittiest part

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:10 am

Sorry to hear this. Just think of all the good days you've had following the City, and put it down to experience. Definitely try to contact the club, as you've paid good money to support them :bluebird: As you travel through life you find most people are OK, some are gems and, unfortunately, you meet the odd "dud". Don't let him get to you or stop you supporting :bluebird: I am sure that's what your dad would have said.
Otherwise idiots like this think they " win" :thumbup:

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:03 pm

He is one of those PEOPLE (Won't call him a fan) mate who thinks he is the be all and end all of Cardiff City and one of the reasons maybe that people do not come. Thankfully around me I have a cracking bunch of mixed ages from 17-60 who all greet each other at games have a chat and respectful to each other as many others on this forum and at the CCS do and proper football fans, yeh some moan, some turn up a bit worse for wear but never any dramas and generally have a good laugh.

You have nothing to be ashamed of he is the dickhead bullyboy mate and next time once he leaves his seat down to the concourse go and give him clout back see how big he is then (THAT IS A 19 YEAR OLD ME SAYING THAT).

Seriously contact the club and see what they do and next time you see the steward who wouldn't do anything report him as well because they would have hoofed you out if it had been you as doing, see it most weeks always having a go at the youngsters but never do anything about those who should know better.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: YOUR THE FUTURE OF THE CLUB KEEP GOING MATE!

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Sorry to hear you had a horrible time of it mate, don't let it stop you going but go through the correct channels and report him to the club along with the steward. IMO The stewards are usually very good and won't tolerate stuff like this. The stewards are there to help and assist fans amongst monitoring that fans are kept safe and that's not just in the case of physically. Verbal abuse can sometimes feel worse and it should not be ignored if reported.

We've been on the receiving end of it once before as a couple of guys had sat in our seats in a cup match and wanted to sit with all their friends in the same row. We reported it to the steward and he moved them on promptly. Good luck with it mate. Behaviour shouldn't be tolerated like this.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Cheers all! I have emailed the Cardiff City today so I am just waiting to see what sort of response I will from them now.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:57 pm

Young snibs wrote:Cheers all! I have emailed the Cardiff City today so I am just waiting to see what sort of response I will from them now.

Nice one mate.
I’d be interested in their reply as there are always (quite rightly) reminders re expected behaviour in the stadium. Keep me updated please Snibs, either on main board or PM :thumbup:

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:20 pm

Young snubs ,You could always come and have a look at this if you fancy it ,Shameful advertising :lol:

http://www.kontaktkombat.co

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm

I wouldn't just report this to the club, I'd make a complaint to the police. You can identify him and I'm assuming there were witnesses, not to mention CCTV. Don't let him get away with it because he'll do it again.

Let us know what happens?

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:46 am

Xcasual wrote:Young snubs ,You could always come and have a look at this if you fancy it ,Shameful advertising :lol:

Every bone in my body would bend and break doing that stuff, I tried yoga once, feck me I thought I had a kicking of Chelsea again! :old:

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:18 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Xcasual wrote:Young snubs ,You could always come and have a look at this if you fancy it ,Shameful advertising :lol:

Every bone in my body would bend and break doing that stuff, I tried yoga once, feck me I thought I had a kicking of Chelsea again! :old:

:lol: :occasion5:

Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:13 pm

**UPDATE**
I have a meeting with Wayne Nash before Tuesday nights game to resolve the matter, I will update on the outcome so fingers crossed.

Cheers

Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Dont let it be brushed under the carpet :thumbright: