Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did Cardiff City have a good transfer window?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: FULL LIST CARDIFF C TRANSFER WINDOW OVER/GOOD OR BAD WIN

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:10 am

Not sure what people were expecting? We can only sighn players who want to come here and we could afford! It's been an average window for us but then sure lots fans will be complaining about their club's purchases, will say there appears to be a lot more loans this Jan than previous ones sign of the times! Think we will stay in top 6 but top 2 looks likely between villa & derby and not because of this window better squads by far at start season. :thumbup:

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:13 am

Perhaps I'm reading too much in to this, but Cardiff's downturn in form recently has been quite concerning, but also quite surprising considering the togetherness and determined performances we saw from our players earlier on in the season. From an outsider looking in, things just haven't seemed the same at the CCS for the past month or so, with the players looking jaded and almost disinterested.

Warnock puts a huge emphasis on harmony within the dressing room, and could it be that he's idenitfied a few trouble makers who have been in the ears of our other players and been brining morale down. Tomlin, for all his talent, seems to be a bit of a renegade, and from what I've heard of Bogle he's known for having an attitude. Could the removal of these two players have a positive impact on Cardiff's squad? I think so.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:20 am

Maybe there is a clause so we can recall Bogle fast if needed? Strange one that! :?

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:20 am

It was good some decent players in that Warnock wanted, and some players out that he didn't think were helping us !!!

If we had been able to call on these players a few months ago with the injuries, we would probably have been in an even better position than we are.

We have Bryson, Gunnerson and Peltier to come back and we will have a strong squad for the end of season promotion push, and a goal scorer that has scored more goals than any of our players (10 & 5 assists) in a struggling team !!!

He also has a record of 49% of shots on target, but remember he is the main threat for Bolton and will be very heavily marked. here he will have Mendez and Hoilett and possibly Zohore taking some of the defenders away from him, we are back in the game !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebina on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:21 am

Be Blue wrote:Perhaps I'm reading too much in to this, but Cardiff's downturn in form recently has been quite concerning, but also quite surprising considering the togetherness and determined performances we saw from our players earlier on in the season. From an outsider looking in, things just haven't seemed the same at the CCS for the past month or so, with the players looking jaded and almost disinterested.

Warnock puts a huge emphasis on harmony within the dressing room, and could it be that he's idenitfied a few trouble makers who have been in the ears of our other players and been brining morale down. Tomlin, for all his talent, seems to be a bit of a renegade, and from what I've heard of Bogle he's known for having an attitude. Could the removal of these two players have a positive impact on Cardiff's squad? I think so.

Your not reading too much into it mate! The problem more likely is others are not reading enough into it, Warnock is no fool!
Good point! :thumbright:

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 am

lyndipops wrote:
Be Blue wrote:Perhaps I'm reading too much in to this, but Cardiff's downturn in form recently has been quite concerning, but also quite surprising considering the togetherness and determined performances we saw from our players earlier on in the season. From an outsider looking in, things just haven't seemed the same at the CCS for the past month or so, with the players looking jaded and almost disinterested.

Good point! :thumbright:

Yes I agree the dressing room is everything, I think this will have a very positive affect going into the rest of the season :thumbup:

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:07 am

I'm struggling to think of many January's when we have done such good business.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:08 am

2blue2handle wrote:I'm struggling to think of many January's when we have done such good business.

Spot on :thumbright:

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Considering the characters involved - possible dissatisfaction at being on the bench/losing place in team after sending off - there could well be a lot of truth in what you say.

;) :bluebird: ;)

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:50 pm

Bluebina wrote:It was good some decent players in that Warnock wanted, and some players out that he didn't think were helping us !!!

If we had been able to call on these players a few months ago with the injuries, we would probably have been in an even better position than we are.

We have Bryson, Gunnerson and Peltier to come back and we will have a strong squad for the end of season promotion push, and a goal scorer that has scored more goals than any of our players (10 & 5 assists) in a struggling team !!!

He also has a record of 49% of shots on target, but remember he is the main threat for Bolton and will be very heavily marked. here he will have Mendez and Hoilett and possibly Zohore taking some of the defenders away from him, we are back in the game !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:thumbup: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:50 pm

Bluebina wrote:It was good some decent players in that Warnock wanted, and some players out that he didn't think were helping us !!!

:thumbup: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:54 pm

I don't think we can go down now, so time to throw off the shackles. Play 2 striker and 2 inside forwards.

Kenny isn't a lone striker, he needed support, it has arrived.......Lets do this

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:15 pm

A lot better than what I thought we would do.

I'm happy over the Madine instead of Grabbin signing.

Happy with the swop of Ward for Tomlin.

Not bothered about the Camp loaning.

A bit confused over the Bogle one though.

Re: CARDIFF CITY TRANSFER WINDOW OVER / GOOD OR BAD WINDOW?

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:47 pm

Plus Armand Traore: Cardiff City sign left-back after his release from Forest as a Fee Agent

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:22 am

Time will tell - But for me DECEMBER's RESULTS - Will be a key factor to way we might not end up in the top 2.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:54 am

Be interesting to see this done again since we didn't wait for the Traore deal to be completed. You have to admire Warnock though, due to registration issues the deal didn't go through so got Forest to release him so we could still get him signed

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:32 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Really disappointing transfer window. Cannot understand why Bogle is being overlooked and he hasn’t been given a decent run of games. Crying out for him to come on with some pace against Man City but Pilks was preferred.

We lack creativity in the middle of the park which Tomlin gave us. He could come off the bench and turn games. NW seems to be putting all his eggs in one basket out wide.

Would have liked us us to sign a Rolls Royce striker (Grabban (Villa) /Mitrovic (Fulham) but instead we got a much cheaper model. Over the last couple of windows seem to have brought in a lot of players who seem to have been around for a long time & possibly past their best.

Mitrovic doing the business for Fulham:

Grabban 4 goals in 7 games for Villa
Mitrovic 10 goals in 14 games for Fulham
Madine 0 goals in 10 games.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:35 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Really disappointing transfer window. Cannot understand why Bogle is being overlooked and he hasn’t been given a decent run of games. Crying out for him to come on with some pace against Man City but Pilks was preferred.

We lack creativity in the middle of the park which Tomlin gave us. He could come off the bench and turn games. NW seems to be putting all his eggs in one basket out wide.

Would have liked us us to sign a Rolls Royce striker (Grabban (Villa) /Mitrovic (Fulham) but instead we got a much cheaper model. Over the last couple of windows seem to have brought in a lot of players who seem to have been around for a long time & possibly past their best.

I'd bet they have had a lot more minutes on the pitch though.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

I'd bet they have had a lot more minutes on the pitch though.

Agreed, Madine’s confidence is probably low after the pen miss. As soon as he gets his first he will probably go on and score more often. Let’s hope he has a few saved in him for the next 4 cup finals! :bluebird: