Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Why dont the Malaysians go public then..?

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:52 pm

Midfield general wrote:Have they said anything publicly yet..? I can't remember a single statement

Does TG becoming a director count?

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:55 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Have they said anything publicly yet..? I can't remember a single statement

Is that even official yet? Apart from Ridders stating it, It wasn't even on companies house last time someone checked

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:02 pm

Owain, we've been through this before with Tony and his quote was something along the lines of Peter said so and he's been to a few games! Sorry, but that is not enough proof for me.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:04 pm

Just checked again, and as of yet there is nothing on the company listing of any new director appointed.
Seems strange it would take this long, how long ago was it announced?

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:05 pm

Owain wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Is that even official yet? Apart from Ridders stating it, It wasn't even on companies house last time someone checked

True but the question was "Why don't the Malaysians go public"

TG hasn't ever denied being a non-excutive director even if Ridsdale is the only one stating it. For me that is an indication of the Malaysians 'going public' to a certain extent whilst due diligence is completed.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:07 pm

November 25th

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 77,00.html

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:09 pm

No point until due diligence is complete.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:14 pm

Midfield general wrote:Tony I would have thought that a public statement from TG himself would have helped giving supporters confidence on getting their season tickets. Even through many have been sold, I'm sure more could have been sold if a statement by TG was made beforehand

On the verge of 10,000 sold? If we take that as a snap pole of Cardiff City supporters on our chances of going up (free season tickets), or indeed how the club is being run (5 year price freeze), then it is a pretty resounding thumbs up.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:19 pm

Midfield general wrote:I've heard that it is complete and they are offering far less then Ridsdale wants

Where you hear that mate? :?

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:November 25th

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 77,00.html

Thank-you Carl in that statement both "Cardiff City" companies announce TG as a director. That means not just Ridsdale but the rest of the directors including Steve Borley are confirming TG as a non-executive director.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:24 pm

Owain wrote:Just checked again, and as of yet there is nothing on the company listing of any new director appointed.
Seems strange it would take this long, how long ago was it announced?

Check again in about 2 months time :D

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:24 pm

Or Tony, perhaps it shows how so many have been taken in by Ridsdale's lies? Or because they see it as an outside chance of getting a season ticket for nothing? I should imagine most fans have taken the decision for purely selfish interests (which there is nothing wrong with) rather than an endorsement of the regime. It also doesn't take a genius to figure that;

a. This money has already been spent on bills, not imminently on players, player sales alone will facilitate that as always to compnesate for a huge wage bill.
b. If all this money is pumped into the club in December, where the hell does funsing come from in th summer? At best it will leave the prospective new owners to fill a black hole, at worst lead to administration or liquidation. I'm sorry that I don't see spending next seasons season ticket money this season as a positive, but to me it is further high risk financial management, though of course its not Peter's personal pocket that carries the risk, but CCFC.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:26 pm

Midfield general wrote:I know a number of people who haven't taken up this offer because of the way the club is being run

I'm one of them I'm afraid. I posted my feelings on this a while back;

The offer has not influenced my decision at all. I decided several weeks ago, when we were second or third in the table, that I would not renew next season. Whilst I will always maintain my love for Cardiff City, for a long time I have fallen out of love with football for so many reasons. It was only ever my intention to take in the last season at Ninian, which holds dear memories to me, and the first at our new stadium. Having seen the despicable way in which us the fans are being taken for granted and treated with such contempt by the club, I simply refuse to be a part of it. We have been asked for consecutive seasons to pay for season tickets 8 or 9 months in advance, to fund the academy, being fed propaganda the Nazi's or Tony Blair would be proud of whilst the club is run so shambolically it defies belief. I appreciate the majority will not agree with my views, understand them or even accept them, I am just speaking from the heart. While the chances of a takeover and possibly the glory years in the Prem are ahead of us, which I truly hope is the case, the infestation of football of finance and corporate nonsense has destroyed the game for me. I feel proud that I have seen us rise from the basement of the football league to the precipice of the Premiership and wish nothing but success for the club, but I refuse to have my love for Cardiff City taken for granted and abused by anyone. I cannot believe how badly our club has been run, firstly by Sam, now by Peter. Whilst Peter could potentially become an iconic figure should this investment come off, his financial management of our club during his reign has been little better than Sam's. I firmly believe the fans deserve better than to be treated as idiots and taken for granted in the way we have been, whilst who is to say the Malaysians are better than sliced bread? You only have to look at many other takeovers to see the turmoil they have caused, Portsmouth, Liverpool, Notts County, West Ham and so many more, whilst just to prove its not a foreign disease, Mike Ashley at Newcastle possibly tops the lot. Hopefully it will be onwards and upwards for Cardiff City with the fears I hold not coming to fruition, nor my absence being of importance due to the lure of Premiership football and the glory seekers that will inevitably entice. I will still watch, listen and occassionally take in a game whilst retaining a burning desire to see City being successful, but I will not be parting with my money for idiots to gamble with.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Midfield general wrote:From a friend of a friend

Okay.... :roll: :think:

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:30 pm

saladthedragon wrote:Or Tony, perhaps it shows how so many have been taken in by Ridsdale's lies? Or because they see it as an outside chance of getting a season ticket for nothing? I should imagine most fans have taken the decision for purely selfish interests (which there is nothing wrong with) rather than an endorsement of the regime. It also doesn't take a genius to figure that;

a. This money has already been spent on bills, not imminently on players, player sales alone will facilitate that as always to compnesate for a huge wage bill.
b. If all this money is pumped into the club in December, where the hell does funsing come from in th summer? At best it will leave the prospective new owners to fill a black hole, at worst lead to administration or liquidation. I'm sorry that I don't see spending next seasons season ticket money this season as a positive, but to me it is further high risk financial management, though of course its not Peter's personal pocket that carries the risk, but CCFC.

A. Salad you have a trait of jumping the gun. Let's see what January brings before we make conclusions that the cash is to be spent else where.

B. The club has a number of income streams which have increased since the move to the new stadium, up by 40%. That alone would cover the money spent now plus there will be a player sold as there always is.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:33 pm

Even taking into account the sizeable increase in turnover, we will break even at the very best, but that is before we take into account paying off any debts. I will post on a new thread a piece I did back in June, though I warn you all it is quite sizeable as there are 2 parts to it!

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:55 pm

Of course the investors are offering much less than what the shareholders want.

Right now anybody willing to take the debts on should be appreciated never mind trying to make a vast profit on the shares - the problem is that that nearly all those who are trying to make money dont care a flying f@ck about the club.

Take a look at Coventry City, who were taken over by a group led by Ray Ranson two years ago. 23 million down the drain and having to rely on loans and non-league transfers.

PR can think that he can fool the fans but these Malaysians are a different kettle of fish.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:23 pm

keith pontin wrote:Of course the investors are offering much less than what the shareholders want.

Right now anybody willing to take the debts on should be appreciated never mind trying to make a vast profit on the shares - the problem is that that nearly all those who are trying to make money dont care a flying f@ck about the club.

Take a look at Coventry City, who were taken over by a group led by Ray Ranson two years ago. 23 million down the drain and having to rely on loans and non-league transfers.

PR can think that he can fool the fans but these Malaysians are a different kettle of fish.

I wonder if Sullivan will now be interested now that West Ham is going to another group ????

Also there was report of Malaysian entrepreneur Tony Fernandes, looking at West Ham and will probably now miss out and may be looking at other options, he would probably know of our potential investors ????

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leag ... t-Ham.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:01 pm

We will soon all hear and the New Year will be upon us, ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:29 pm

saladthedragon wrote:
Midfield general wrote:I know a number of people who haven't taken up this offer because of the way the club is being run

The offer has not influenced my decision at all. I decided several weeks ago, when we were second or third in the table, that I would not renew next season. Whilst I will always maintain my love for Cardiff City, for a long time I have fallen out of love with football for so many reasons. It was only ever my intention to take in the last season at Ninian, which holds dear memories to me, and the first at our new stadium. Having seen the despicable way in which us the fans are being taken for granted and treated with such contempt by the club, I simply refuse to be a part of it. We have been asked for consecutive seasons to pay for season tickets 8 or 9 months in advance, to fund the academy, being fed propaganda the Nazi's or Tony Blair would be proud of whilst the club is run so shambolically it defies belief. I appreciate the majority will not agree with my views, understand them or even accept them, I am just speaking from the heart. While the chances of a takeover and possibly the glory years in the Prem are ahead of us, which I truly hope is the case, the infestation of football of finance and corporate nonsense has destroyed the game for me. I feel proud that I have seen us rise from the basement of the football league to the precipice of the Premiership and wish nothing but success for the club, but I refuse to have my love for Cardiff City taken for granted and abused by anyone. I cannot believe how badly our club has been run, firstly by Sam, now by Peter. Whilst Peter could potentially become an iconic figure should this investment come off, his financial management of our club during his reign has been little better than Sam's. I firmly believe the fans deserve better than to be treated as idiots and taken for granted in the way we have been, whilst who is to say the Malaysians are better than sliced bread? You only have to look at many other takeovers to see the turmoil they have caused, Portsmouth, Liverpool, Notts County, West Ham and so many more, whilst just to prove its not a foreign disease, Mike Ashley at Newcastle possibly tops the lot. Hopefully it will be onwards and upwards for Cardiff City with the fears I hold not coming to fruition, nor my absence being of importance due to the lure of Premiership football and the glory seekers that will inevitably entice. I will still watch, listen and occassionally take in a game whilst retaining a burning desire to see City being successful, but I will not be parting with my money for idiots to gamble with.

Seems to me you are spoiling it for yourself by getting to involved with things that have nothing at all to do with what is happening on the pitch.
I'm sure you'd enjoy it more by just watching the games instead of worrying over the theories that you are working out regarding the off-field activities, which may, or may not be correct, but are certainly beyond your control.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:32 am

Lawnmower wrote:
saladthedragon wrote:

Seems to me you are spoiling it for yourself by getting to involved with things that have nothing at all to do with what is happening on the pitch.
I'm sure you'd enjoy it more by just watching the games instead of worrying over the theories that you are working out regarding the off-field activities, which may, or may not be correct, but are certainly beyond your control.

i feel the same feel its not my ccfc anymore but have renewed thou

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:14 am

Lawnmower, you could have a point, but I can't help what I see and feel as a result.

Tony, I've answered your sweeping generalisations on the Business Strategy post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1938, which I've noticed you've toned down on this reply due to the anomalies!

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:27 am

saladthedragon wrote:Lawnmower, you could have a point, but I can't help what I see and feel as a result.

Tony, I've answered your sweeping generalisations on the Business Strategy post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1938, which I've noticed you've toned down on this reply due to the anomalies!

Not being funny, but that is a very very long post.

Why go through all that when

a. You dont have all the information you require

and

b. You admit you arent qualified to deal with this.

I really could rip it apart, (as a fully qualified accountant, and FD and MD of businesses for the past 15 years) but what good would that do, it would only cause further arguments, and as there is so much both of us DONT know about what happens behind the scene its totally pointless. Besides which it would be a time consuming task with no gain for anyone.

I don't blame you if you don't take my advise, its your life/choice anyway and who am I to tell you what to do, but you are clearly spending a lot of time making yourself unhappy, and worrying other people who would also do themselves a favour by concentrating on the football.

By the way, I have little faith/trust in Ridsdale, which isnt good as I have what is for me quite a lump of money invested in shares in the club (which I didnt put in for financial gain, but because I thought it was needed at the time), but I tend to worry more about what is in my control.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:43 am

I don't want this to get personal, mower, which it is in danger of doing so. We all have opinions and while I don't expect you or anyone to agree with them, I would hope you can accept them without snide remarks.

I'm not suggesting I'd want you to "rip apart" my piece, I think that is a somewhat disingenuous term to use as we could all do that about every posts if we wished to, but if you can advise of any oversights, it would help in producing more accurate figures. The figures are not an exact science, but I am confident they will not be too far away, having researched with people like yourself who are qualified. Ultimately I have not and have never professed these figures to be anything other than speculative estimates, it would be virtually impossible for someone within the club to do so, let alone someone like me, but I don't see the harm in trying to establish what our financial position is and will be. To suggest I should turn a blind eye to it I find strange and even a little insulting. Turning a blind eye led to me and many others being oblivious to Sam almost ruining the club, whilst the goings on at Portsmouth should be a stark reminder to us all of the fate that may await us. I make no apologies for not ignoring that possibility. I hope we can avoid any further snide remarks, whilst if you can contribute it will be gratefully received.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:30 am

Salad you have absolutely no 'proof' whatsoever Ridsdale was lying. You shoot that little insult off far too easily and indeed if you keep on doing it you could get yourself and this forum into trouble.

Peter Ridsdale had a belief that an initial investment in the millions was on its way at the Muni meeting (30 November) he clearly said that. He also said the main ‘investment/takeover’ was subject to ‘due diligence’. You haven't provided one jot of evidence to suggest that the initial investment didn’t arrive, just that the 'main' investment i.e. the takeover is still weeks away. That is not lying and you should tone your language down.

On the turnover figures writing such a long piece doesn't prove your point it just bores the pants off everyone. As you have admitted you are not an expert and you have used your own guess work to come up with your own figures. I have used the figures based on those published in the last accounts in 2008, which was £14.9m (these are the amended accounts at companies’ house). In that year we also sold players worth £5m which made our total income around £19m.

However, if you wish to use the old figure (£12.8m) a 40% increase gives you an extra £5.1m, which again more than compensates for the early sale of season tickets (£3m) and proves my point.

In 2008 we made a loss of £2.9m (after tax expenditure etc) which was nearly all made up from notional interest payments to Langston (i.e. without the interest we would have broken even) and that historical interest has now be wiped and replaced with a £1m P/A repayment scheme.

Therefore having based my figures on the 2008 accounts and an increase 40% due to moving to the new stadium, the balance of probabilities would side with my estimate rather than yours.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:40 am

It's clear we are just gong to go round in circles Tony. I've provided a link elsewhere that quotes Ridsdale as saying millions have already been invested. They haven't by his now own admission. As for the projected figures, the only way we will see is when the figures are published, I have no doubt whatsoever that my figure of £17m (which is a slightly over optimistic rather than conservative estimate) will be a lot nearer than your £20m. If you wish to take Peter's word for everything, that is your right to do so, but I do feel there is no need to get personal which it seems a couple are now doing. I think we have had a good debate on this, both sides have been put across and for anyone who didn't have a definitive opinion beforehand, there is plentiful scope for them to do so now, whichever way they may do so! Probably best to leave it there now guys before it gets out of hand.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:00 am

saladthedragon wrote:I don't want this to get personal, mower, which it is in danger of doing so. We all have opinions and while I don't expect you or anyone to agree with them, I would hope you can accept them without snide remarks.

I'm not suggesting I'd want you to "rip apart" my piece, I think that is a somewhat disingenuous term to use as we could all do that about every posts if we wished to, but if you can advise of any oversights, it would help in producing more accurate figures. The figures are not an exact science, but I am confident they will not be too far away, having researched with people like yourself who are qualified. Ultimately I have not and have never professed these figures to be anything other than speculative estimates, it would be virtually impossible for someone within the club to do so, let alone someone like me, but I don't see the harm in trying to establish what our financial position is and will be. To suggest I should turn a blind eye to it I find strange and even a little insulting. Turning a blind eye led to me and many others being oblivious to Sam almost ruining the club, whilst the goings on at Portsmouth should be a stark reminder to us all of the fate that may await us. I make no apologies for not ignoring that possibility. I hope we can avoid any further snide remarks, whilst if you can contribute it will be gratefully received.

Nothing snide about my remarks at all. They are genuine comments made in good faith.

The fact is, its pointless speculating on these figures.

The vast majority of the conclusions from your article are based on guesswork, I'm sure it was done with the greatest of intentions, but it achieves nothing, apart from worrying people who might take them as fact.

As to the Sam/Portsmouth thing, there was a HUGE amount of comment on Sams dealings when he was at the club, but not enough knowledge of the actual ins and outs to get a fair picture and even if this was the case there was nothing that could be done unless you had a spare £20m. I'm also sure Pompey fans havent blindly accepted what is going on there either.

My initial point to you was that I feel it is damaging to e-mail TG with attacks on PR and I STILL stick to that point.

One thing you need to be aware of is Ridsdale-speak. He is a 'politician' and regularly uses words like, 'it is my belief', 'will lead to', 'imminently' etc.. when making his speaches, people take this as solid confirmation, when in most cases it isn't . He leads people to their conclusions and has made the set up in both the clubs and his own finances very complicated. Its well-worth listening/reading VERY carefully to what he is saying before jumping to conclusions. Something I have fallen for in the past.

The next month or two will be very telling, but lets give the guy chance to dig himself out of his hole as I fear if we make life difficult now it will lead to bigger problems come the summer. There is hope on the horizon at least at the moment, but if this gamble fails PR will be finished at CCFC no doubt about that.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:41 am

Lawnmower wrote:
saladthedragon wrote:

EXACTLY! I think too many people are getting involved with the parts of the club that they have no understanding of. At the end of the day, we're here to support the players on the pitch and watch the football. Don't get carried away with the politics and finances, if the investment comes off - Great, it will help us ON the pitch - Hopefully!

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:42 pm

saladthedragon wrote:It's clear we are just gong to go round in circles Tony. I've provided a link elsewhere that quotes Ridsdale as saying millions have already been invested. They haven't by his now own admission. As for the projected figures, the only way we will see is when the figures are published, I have no doubt whatsoever that my figure of £17m (which is a slightly over optimistic rather than conservative estimate) will be a lot nearer than your £20m. If you wish to take Peter's word for everything, that is your right to do so, but I do feel there is no need to get personal which it seems a couple are now doing. I think we have had a good debate on this, both sides have been put across and for anyone who didn't have a definitive opinion beforehand, there is plentiful scope for them to do so now, whichever way they may do so! Probably best to leave it there now guys before it gets out of hand.

This is the problem with message boards, when a poster expresses a different and possibly more believable opinion they are accused of making it 'personal.’ For the record I never made any personal remarks about you whatsoever Salad but in contrast I wonder how Mr Ridsdale would view being called a 'liar?'

I was at the meeting at the Muni and my understanding is there were 2 phases of investment (possibly TG the other Vincent Tan) the money which was due to arrive that week was from the first investment. Admittedly I have no idea if the first investment was 'in the millions' but that's what Ridsdale was referring to.

The second investment by Vincent Tan was subject to due diligence and that's what is now delayed until February at the earliest. I think it is 'reasonable' not 'personal' to assume that Ridsdale is not lying when all the facts are considered.

On the turnover whether it’s my £21m or your £17m makes no real difference, my original point was that the advanced season ticket sales could be absorbed by increased turnover and that is correct whichever figure you use.