Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result of Millwall v Cardiff City be?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:20 am

Millwall win
5%
Cardiff City win
68%
Draw
28%

Total votes : 40

MATCH THREAD “ MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:20 am

MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY
Friday 9th February, 7.45pm
Sky Bet Championship
The Den

City: Etheridge; Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett; Ralls, Grujic; Paterson, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett; Madine.

Subs: Murphy, Peltier, Halford, Damour, Pilkington, J Ward, Zohore.

CARDIFF CITY HAVE 2,500 TICKETS & NO RESTRICTIONS :thumbright: :bluebird:

Updated

856 tickets now sold :bluebird:

CITY FANS CAN PAY ON THE GATE :thumbright: :bluebird:

791 tickets sold so far :bluebird:

Cheap tickets :bluebird:

Cardiff left-back Joe Bennett is available after a one-match ban :thumbright:

Craig Bryson, Lee Peltier and Matthew Connolly are all nearing full fitness while Aron Gunnarsson could return next month after ankle damage.

08/02/18

Warnock on injury news (and illness)

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I’ve been in bed the last two days ill. We’ve had a few coughing and spluttering but nothing untoward. Bennett is back from suspension."

"The other lads are doing well and could be back in contention next week. We’re crossing our fingers; Bryson’s had two comebacks and not been right so let’s hope with Connolly and Peltier. Gunnarsson is on the zero gravity and could be on the grass next week at some stage, but he’ll need two or three weeks before he’s anywhere near."

Joe Bennett back from suspension for the Millwall match.

About Millwall

Millwall Football Club is a professional football club in Bermondsey, South East London, England. The team competes in The Championship, the second tier of English football. Founded as Millwall Rovers in 1885, the club has retained its name despite having last played in the Millwall area of the Isle of Dogs in 1910. From then until 1993 the club played at what is now called The Old Den in New Cross, before moving to its current home stadium nearby, called The Den. The traditional club crest is a lion rampant, referred to in the team's nickname "The Lions". Millwall's traditional kit consists of blue shirts, white shorts and blue socks.

In Millwall's 90 seasons in the Football League from 1920–21 to 2016–17, the club have been promoted eleven times and relegated ten times. They have spent the majority of their existence yo-yoing between the second and third tier of the Football League. The team spent two seasons in the top flight between 1988–90, in which the club achieved its highest ever finish of tenth place in the First Division. In 2004, the team reached the FA Cup final and qualified for the UEFA Cup, playing in Europe for the first time in their history. The club have reached the FA Cup semi-finals in 1900, 1903, 1937, 2013 and the League Cup quarter-finals in 1974, 1977 and 1995. Millwall also won the Football League Group Cup in 1983, and finished runners-up in the Football League Trophy in 1999.

In the media, Millwall's supporters have often been associated with hooliganism, with numerous films having been made fictionalising their notoriety. The fans are renowned for their chant "No one likes us, we don't care". Millwall have a long-standing rivalry with West Ham United. The local derby between the two sides has been contested almost a hundred times since 1899. The club also share a rivalry with Leeds United, and local rivalries with fellow South London clubs Crystal Palace and Charlton Athletic.

I can’t get to The Den, can I watch the match live?

Yes, the match is live on Sky Sports :thumbright:

Previous Meeting

We drew 0-0 at home to Millwall back in October.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Millwall: Arthur, McLaughlin, Hutchinson, Cooper, Meredith, Wallace, Williams, Saville, Onyedinma, Gregory, Morison

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Manga, Bamba, Morrison, Traore, Ralls, Grujic, Paterson, Wildschut, Hoilett, Madine

Form - Last Three Games

Rochdale 1-0 Millwall
Reading 0-2 Millwall
Millwall 0-0 Derby County

Leeds United 1-4 Aston Villa
Cardiff City 0-2 Manchester City
Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Cardiff City

Match Odds

Millwall - 31/20
Cardiff City - 7/4
Draw - 9/4

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:

Don't forget to vote for your Man of the Match after the game. That poll will be posted on this forum at full time :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:26 am

Well Millwall playing away on Tuesday is a big help to us. Decent trip up to Rochdale, won’t get back till the AM on Wednesday -sky have given us a little advantage there that we have to jump all over

Annoying team to play, have taken points off a lot of the top teams, will be tough but I think we can nick it

0-1

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:32 am

Very very tough game, I say a draw :bluebird:

2-2 :bluebird:

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:36 am

Very very tough game especially on Friday night sky , hopefully 1500+ fans probs 1-1 or maybe 2-1 win for Cardiff but uneasy

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 am

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:Very very tough game especially on Friday night sky , hopefully 1500+ fans probs 1-1 or maybe 2-1 win for Cardiff but uneasy

Agreed on all accounts :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:53 am

As another posted and highlighted they are away at Rochdale mid week.

Still be a hard game and on TV which we don't appear to like. However the shoots of us starting to do the business are coming back and I've got a good feeling about this one. 3-0 and Madine to get one :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:02 am

Pulisnewport wrote:As another posted and highlighted they are away at Rochdale mid week.

Still be a hard game and on TV which we don't appear to like. However the shoots of us starting to do the business are coming back and I've got a good feeling about this one. 3-0 and Madine to get one :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Grujic and Madine in the team will help ensure we shouldn’t be a soft touch at least, which is something we have been guilty of occasionally away from home. Going to Elland Road and doing that has to give them a lot of confidence, and we go second (even if only for a day) if we win.

I really think we will do it

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:06 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:As another posted and highlighted they are away at Rochdale mid week.

Grujic and Madine in the team will help ensure we shouldn’t be a soft touch at least, which is something we have been guilty of occasionally away from home. Going to Elland Road and doing that has to give them a lot of confidence, and we go second (even if only for a day) if we win.

I agree with you and Traore is well over 6'. I wouldn't fancy going up against us :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:46 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

You cant be expecting us to win by 7 goals
Thats the only way we go 2nd

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:25 pm

We've got 2,500 tickets :bluebird:

General Ticket Prices / Cardiff Fans :bluebird:

Adults: £23.00

Senior Citizens Over 60yrs: £14.00

Under 16: £10.00 :thumbright:

Under 12: £5.00 :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:50 am

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:25 am

0-4 :bluebird: :occasion5:

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:32 am

If we score early it will be a comfortable win.

Millwall are very hard to break down and are good at set pieces.

I think with the confidence we have back we will score early making them come out and we will use the counter attack to win this one 3-0

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 pm

3-1 City win Madine getting a goal. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:23 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY
Friday 9th February, 7.45pm
Sky Bet Championship
The Den

Cheap tickets :bluebird:

About Millwall

Millwall Football Club is a professional football club in Bermondsey, South East London, England. The team competes in The Championship, the second tier of English football. Founded as Millwall Rovers in 1885, the club has retained its name despite having last played in the Millwall area of the Isle of Dogs in 1910. From then until 1993 the club played at what is now called The Old Den in New Cross, before moving to its current home stadium nearby, called The Den. The traditional club crest is a lion rampant, referred to in the team's nickname "The Lions". Millwall's traditional kit consists of blue shirts, white shorts and blue socks.

In Millwall's 90 seasons in the Football League from 1920–21 to 2016–17, the club have been promoted eleven times and relegated ten times. They have spent the majority of their existence yo-yoing between the second and third tier of the Football League. The team spent two seasons in the top flight between 1988–90, in which the club achieved its highest ever finish of tenth place in the First Division. In 2004, the team reached the FA Cup final and qualified for the UEFA Cup, playing in Europe for the first time in their history. The club have reached the FA Cup semi-finals in 1900, 1903, 1937, 2013 and the League Cup quarter-finals in 1974, 1977 and 1995. Millwall also won the Football League Group Cup in 1983, and finished runners-up in the Football League Trophy in 1999.

In the media, Millwall's supporters have often been associated with hooliganism, with numerous films having been made fictionalising their notoriety. The fans are renowned for their chant "No one likes us, we don't care". Millwall have a long-standing rivalry with West Ham United. The local derby between the two sides has been contested almost a hundred times since 1899. The club also share a rivalry with Leeds United, and local rivalries with fellow South London clubs Crystal Palace and Charlton Athletic.

I can’t get to The Den, can I watch the match live?

Yes, the match is live on Sky Sports :thumbright:

Previous Meeting

We drew 0-0 at home to Millwall back in October.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Millwall: Arthur, McLaughlin, Hutchinson, Cooper, Meredith, Wallace, Williams, Saville, Onyedinma, Gregory, Morison

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Manga, Bamba, Morrison, Traore, Ralls, Grujic, Paterson, Wildschut, Hoilett, Madine

Form - Last Three Games

Rochdale - Millwall (Tues)
Reading 0-2 Millwall
Millwall 0-0 Derby County

Leeds United 1-4 Aston Villa
Cardiff City 0-2 Manchester City
Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Cardiff City

Match Odds

Millwall - 31/20
Cardiff City - 7/4
Draw - 9/4

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:

Don't forget to vote for your Man of the Match after the game. That poll will be posted on this forum at full time :thumbright:

ticket news?

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:Very very tough game, I say a draw :bluebird:

2-2 :bluebird:

Agreed Millwall are playing well and will be happy with a draw for this one.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:43 am

Harris looking for reaction against Cardiff

Millwall boss Neil Harris was not a happy man last night.

Not only did he see his side crash out of the FA Cup to lesser opposition, in a 1-0 defeat to Rochdale, but he called the Dale fans “a disgrace” and is desperate for Millwall to respond positively against Cardiff City.

NEIL HARRIS:

Yes, I’d have loved to have won this tie and had a home tie in the fifth round. But our big focus is the league and we turn our attentions quickly to Cardiff on Friday night.
Whenever I’ve been in charge we’ve always bounced back, we’ve always followed a disappointment with a positive. I just said to the players ‘you got beaten by the better team’.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:46 am

The selection dilemmas for Millwall

As well as the decision between Zohore or Madine up front, there’s the decision over who starts in defence for Cardiff.

Joe Bennett is back from suspension so could he come back in for Armand Traore? And where does Callum Paterson play? At right back or in midfield? Neil Warnock also suggested Craig Bryson and Lee Peltier could be in the squad after injuries. We shall see.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Millwall lost 1-0 at Rochdale last night.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:54 am

Neil Harris: 'Cardiff the most physical team'

Millwall boss Neil Harris has spoken about Cardiff’s physicality and direct tactics...

"Cardiff are by far the most physical team in the division. They are an aggressive side."

NEIL HARRIS:

"It is a big game because it is two teams who have been in really good form. Cardiff are flying high at the top of the league and pushing for promotion – they have spent over £6million on a striker in the transfer window and that shows where their mindset is.
There is always a special atmosphere when Millwall play Cardiff. Cardiff are by far the most physical team in the division and we have to be ready for the battle."

"They are a front-foot, aggressive side. They get the ball forward and play to their strengths – long throws, corners and free-kicks."

"Everything goes into the box. We have to stand strong and try to impose our game on them."

"We had a very good draw at Cardiff earlier in the season. We felt we were unlucky not to get a couple of refereeing decisions go our way."

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 am

In the last seven meetings between Cardiff and Millwall there have only been four goals — and four 0-0 draws, including the one at Cardiff City Stadium earlier this season.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 am

Millwall results v top 6 this season

Bristol City 0-0 Millwall
Wolves 1-0 Millwall
Cardiff 0-0 Millwall
Fulham 1-0 Millwall
Aston Villa 0-0 Millwall
Derby 3-0 Millwall

Millwall 2-2 Wolves
Millwall 0-0 Derby

to be honest i find this incredible. Firstly there is the fact that they played all the top 6 away from home in the first half of the season

They didnt score a goal.

Every game (bar one) was close

4 0-0 draws :shock:

theres absolutely nothing to suggest this game wont follow a similar pattern, if we can escape with a 1-0 win ill be happy

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:53 am

Warnock on injury news (and illness)

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I’ve been in bed the last two days ill. We’ve had a few coughing and spluttering but nothing untoward. Bennett is back from suspension."

"The other lads are doing well and could be back in contention next week. We’re crossing our fingers; Bryson’s had two comebacks and not been right so let’s hope with Connolly and Peltier. Gunnarsson is on the zero gravity and could be on the grass next week at some stage, but he’ll need two or three weeks before he’s anywhere near."

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:06 am

MILLWALL V CARDIFF CITY :bluebird:

Similarities between Cardiff and Millwall?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Neil Harris has done a fabulous job, right from day one I sent him my best wishes when he got the job and he’s matured as he’s gone on. It’s my kind of place to go, both teams are similar in the way they play, both sides will roll their sleeves up and give everything. Neither of us are Derby, Villa, Wolves - we haven’t got the money to do that. But we both appreciate what we’ve been doing."

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:06 am

2-3 CITY :thumbup:

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm

MILLWALL are protecting an eight-game unbeaten home run when Cardiff visit The Den on Friday night.

News at the Den

Thursday 8th September 2018

It is set to be a ferocious battle between two of the most physical and aggressive sides in the league. The Lions will be hoping to move further towards the 50-point mark, which looks like it could ensure survival this season.

Cardiff have been in the promotion hunt all season, and will want three points to keep alive their chances of finishing in the top two.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Updated
802 tickets now sold :bluebird:

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Updated
802 tickets now sold :bluebird:

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:40 pm