Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who should start at Millwall?

You may select 1 option

View results

“ Traore or Bennett? “

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:06 pm

Joe Bennett back from suspension for the Millwall match.

Should he start or should Traore play again?

I thought Traore did alright at Leeds, made a good cross to set up a goal.

Re: “ Traore or Bennett? “

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Traore is very much like Fabio. Very hot when on form and full of mistakes when not. I thought he was brilliant yesterday, yet still managed to cost us a goal. I'd say Bennett is more reliable.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:14 pm

Joe Bennett without a shadow of doubt for me. He looks so much more composed and has made less mistakes in the previous month than Traoré did yesterday. His mistake cost us the goal and also was at fault when Lasogga nearly scored from distance. It may have been the nerves but he didn’t look solid yesterday, and they didn’t even attack to much down our left.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Traore for me. Warnock won't change a winning team. That said its nice to have options :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Joe Bennett without a shadow of doubt for me. He looks so much more composed and has made less mistakes in the previous month than Traoré did yesterday. His mistake cost us the goal and also was at fault when Lasogga nearly scored from distance. It may have been the nerves but he didn’t look solid yesterday, and they didn’t even attack to much down our left.

Traore for me. Yes he didn't cover himself with glory with the goal but the cross for Paterson's goal was excellent and he wasn't out of position as often as Bennett is. Also better in the air than Bennett and was looking to find a blue shirt with his passing rather than the hoof down the line which is Bennett's trademark clearance. Bennett probably better as a wing back for me as his defending is not great and he struggles badly when faced with a pacy winger.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Traore for me he was brilliant yesturday

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Bennett is one of the first names on the team sheet and probably in the top five players if the season so far !!

He will start, Traore is here for back up.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Traoré for me.
I thought he looked decent.
Deserves a run of games. After the stupidity of what he did, Bennett needs to fight to get his place back.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:02 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:Traoré for me.
I thought he looked decent.
Deserves a run of games. After the stupidity of what he did, Bennett needs to fight to get his place back.

That’s my view of things.

But I think that he’ll start Bennett.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:49 pm

Watching and listening to NW before the game he hadn't spoken to Bennett for days as he was still fuming, so that tells you it will be Traore although I would stick with Bennett as he has done a good job all season

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:14 am

One moment of madness by Bennet does not make him a bad player. He has been class for us TBF.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:47 am

I think both will start
Traore right back
Bennett left back

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:45 am

Bennett all day long.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:57 am

Bennett should still be our first choice left back.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:14 am

bennett has been brilliant this season and is still our number one left back imo

doesnt mean he will play against millwall after a 4-1 loss tho

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:49 am

paulh_85 wrote:bennett has been brilliant this season and is still our number one left back imo

doesnt mean he will play against millwall after a 4-1 loss tho

4 - 1 win

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:49 am

Joe Bennett is a class act, he’s our best left back without doubt.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:29 am

Bennett all day long, but it's good to have an option. The opinion is traore is erratic, bit like Fabio. He might well start him Friday, but Warnock won't put up with silly mistakes if it costs us points.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:53 am

Bennett has proven himself over the course of this season and it should take more than a tidy cross to keep him out of the team in my opinion.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:12 pm

For me Bennett although wouldn't be surprised to see Traore start as a punishment for Bennett as Warnock was clearly pissed off.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:51 pm

nubbsy wrote:Bennett has proven himself over the course of this season and it should take more than a tidy cross to keep him out of the team in my opinion.

Exactly, if Bennett was playing against Leeds then they wouldn’t have scored the own goal. There was no way he’d swing a wild boot like Traore did, Bennett is far more composed.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Traore for me,looks livelier and a superb assist for the opening goal.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:36 pm

norms76 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Bennett has proven himself over the course of this season and it should take more than a tidy cross to keep him out of the team in my opinion.

Exactly, if Bennett was playing against Leeds then they wouldn’t have scored the own goal. There was no way he’d swing a wild boot like Traore did, Bennett is far more composed.

It was'nt just the wild swing. Also played a major part in giving the ball away which resulted in Etheridge tipping the ball onto the post. Can do some good things, but a mistake is never far away and that could be costly if the match is tight.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
norms76 wrote:

It was'nt just the wild swing. Also played a major part in giving the ball away which resulted in Etheridge tipping the ball onto the post. Can do some good things, but a mistake is never far away and that could be costly if the match is tight.

6 of one half a dozen of the other for me that one

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Didn't vote, as too early to tell with Traore (but I did like his cross for the first goal on Saturday) :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 pm

I don't get why he should be punished in the way people are suggesting, he paid his fine and done extra training.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Joe Bennett back in the side for tonight's game .

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Bennetts having a nightmare to be fair!