Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Right back

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:49 pm

With Patterson now settled in midfield who do you think will be our regular right back? NW has always liked Peltier as his type of player, Jazz did a good job for us and NW surprised me the other day in saying that Bruno was the only player he felt would get into the Man City team so he rates him highly. For me it would be Jazz but would be happy with either.

Re: Right back

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:03 pm

65Blue wrote:With Patterson now settled in midfield who do you think will be our regular right back? NW has always liked Peltier as his type of player, Jazz did a good job for us and NW surprised me the other day in saying that Bruno was the only player he felt would get into the Man City team so he rates him highly. For me it would be Jazz but would be happy with either.

We have quite a few options, Peltier, Connolly, Manga, Richards, Patterson have all played at RB for us. He likes to find a place for Manga and he likes Peltier. Personally for me its Richards.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:33 pm

Richards is by far the best option but I don't think we ever play well with three at the back and you can't drop Manga. Big dilemma!

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Richards offers the most coming forward (other than Paterson) and is solid at the back. Manga is a quality player but I think shoehorning him in will eventually cost us at some point.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:14 pm

Four quality players and another decent back up, we may need them all with the amount of injuries we pick up !!!

I prefer Peltier, then Jazz, I think Warrnock trusts those two the most defensively.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:05 pm

Today inhis pre match interview NW stated he wassold a dummy by Hearts because Patterson is not a full back because he can't tackle, sees him as a wing back, and was amazed two thirds ofthe Premiership didnt come in for Manga when he was a free agent. NW rates him highly therefore cannot see him being dropped so he will remain at full back unless he pushes Bamba in to midfield