Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CRAIG BELLAMY TURNS DOWN MANAGERS JOB "

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:53 pm

Bellamy reportedly turns down Oxford job

Tuesday 6th February 2018

Craig Bellamy and former Everton caretaker boss David Unsworth have been heavily touted for the vacant position at Oxford United, although reports now suggest the former is out of the running.

Sun Journalist Alan Nixon claims Bellamy was approached last week by the club, but turned the position down.

He tweeted:

Oxford. Told Bellamy was asked if interested a week ago. Bellamy Declined.

Bellamy had just recently been turned down for the Wales job.

Bellamy is currently a Sky pundit and has a part-time role with Cardiff City's Accademy after originally being in charge of Cardiff City's DVP team.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bellamy reportedly turns down Oxford job Craig Bellamy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:05 pm

Just proves a point that not interested in starting at the bottom and learning his trade, Lucky Oxford I say :roll:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:09 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Just proves a point that not interested in starting at the bottom and learning his trade, Lucky Oxford I say :roll:

I am actually starting to think the same way.
Never stayed long with our DVP, then Academy etc Now just virtually part-time.

Re: " CRAIG BELLAMY TURNS DOWN MANAGERS JOB "

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:33 pm

If he's serious about managing, then he needs to get started. No shortage of blokes looking for jobs.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:57 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Just proves a point that not interested in starting at the bottom and learning his trade, Lucky Oxford I say :roll:

Its funny because he has previously said how he wants to start from the bottom and work his way up and gain experience. To be honest think he talks a loud of rubbish.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:35 pm

I will put money onit that bellamy will be our next manager with warnock as his mentor maybe as director of football

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:17 pm

neilst wrote:I will put money onit that bellamy will be our next manager with warnock as his mentor maybe as director of football

I think there will be a reason for his decision and this might well be along the right lines :thumbright:

Too easy to slate the guy without knowing the facts! ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Sven wrote:
neilst wrote:I will put money onit that bellamy will be our next manager with warnock as his mentor maybe as director of football

I think there will be a reason for his decision and this might well be along the right lines :thumbright:

God help us!

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:47 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

God help us!

Sorry, Dean. I forgot you were up for the job! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:11 pm

Sven wrote:

I've a feeling you may be right, I not sure on him, but hopefully Warnock could take a very active role and help him a lot.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Sven wrote:

Exactly Chris, judging by the comments above its asif he has an obligation to start managing somewhere?... Prehaps he only has ambition to manage Wales or Cardiff, maybe he doesn't want to manage at all after not getting the Wales job. It's his life and his choice.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:33 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Sven wrote:

I've a feeling you may be right, I not sure on him, but hopefully Warnock could take a very active role and help him a lot.

My thoughts are that Neil Warnock will still be here next season and a lot will depend on what League we're in but I would say that Craig Bellamy will have a chance at City at some point in the not too distant future; preferably with Neil Warnock as a mentor!

I was one that advocated Craig to be given a chance when we had Russell Slade and then Paul Trollope in charge but (being honest) I'm glad now that he wasn't at that point because Neil Warnock has been a revelation and will already go down in the annuls of City history, such has been his impact after the dark days of late!

The debate over Craig (like it will Giggs) will carry on until he proves or disproves his worth, so let's see what happens and (assuming it happens one day) we'll all know who was right and who was wrong! :thumbright:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Why should he go to Oxford ???? he may take a job in a lower league but let him pick a team he would want to go too :banghead:

He is I can imagine still gutted he didn't get the wales job so needs a bit of time

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Does his family still live in Cardiff? Perhaps he wants to stay closer to his children for the time being.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:00 pm

noisycat wrote:Does his family still live in Cardiff? Perhaps he wants to stay closer to his children for the time being.

Possibly something in that, too...but the truth is few really know and it could have just been he was on a hiding to nothing at Oxford! :thumbright:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:39 pm

Sven wrote:

Agree -And the Wales managers job would have interested him.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:48 pm

Just couldn't see Warnock wanting to mentor anybody, he's not really the quiet Lennie Lawrence type is he.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:30 am

ThomasC wrote:Just couldn't see Warnock wanting to mentor anybody, he's not really the quiet Lennie Lawrence type is he.

Bit of a strange statement being as that's what managers do, mentor people.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:43 am

Sven wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

God help us!

Sorry, Dean. I forgot you were up for the job! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Why would I be?