Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Peter Whittingham

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:07 am

was just reading a small article about a possible Peter Whittingham testimonial, sadly hes become a forgotten man after so many years of being a city player, also does anyone know how hes getting on at Blackburn?

Re: peter whittingham

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 am

Whitts has faded a bit at Blackburn, started off well but can't seem to get a run of games, he hasn't been in matchday lineup for a few fixtures now so I'm not sure if he is injured, However Rovers have 2 decent midfielders in Dack & Smallwood so it was always going to be an uphill task for Whitts to cement a place.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:39 am

Lets be honest he was good but now he's passed it. Testimonial but how many would turn up. It could be embarrassing.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:11 am

Bluesman wrote:Lets be honest he was good but now he's passed it. Testimonial but how many would turn up. It could be embarrassing.

I agree.
I love Whitts but after being with another club for a year I don’t think it would work out for him to come back for a testimonial. The time has passed unfortunately.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:04 am

I agree, seems to much water has passed under the bridge, thought the turnout for super kev was poor to say the least
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Bluesman wrote:Lets be honest he was good but now he's passed it. Testimonial but how many would turn up. It could be embarrassing.

I agree.
I love Whitts but after being with another club for a year I don’t think it would work out for him to come back for a testimonial. The time has passed unfortunately.

Re: Peter Whittingham

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 pm

He should have a testimonial
But it needs to be the right day and time. Probably first game of pre season on a saturday when its warm and everybody is looking for a footy fix.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 pm

Millionaire (or would it be multi millionaire) footballers do not need testimonials.

The last i went to was Phil Dwyers in a by gone era when the had to start the rest of their lives with very little more wealth stashed away than Joe Average.

The superstars have a charity one to feed their ego's, but i doubt Pete is in that category.

When he hangs up his boots, probably at the end of this season a proper walk on at 14:55 to start the season would be enough in my opinion.

We never had a proper send off or show of appreciation for Hudson, Marshall or Whitts........that is poor

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:23 pm

I can't believe what I have read in this thread, proper delusional minds in some.

The time has passed because he left and gone to Blackburn so he doesn't deserve a testimonial :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The club handled the Kevin McNaughton one terribly or whoever was in charge that organised made a mess of it.

During a football season in March weren't it? On Mothers Day and when Wales were away at Ireland. The turn up was never gonna be what it could have been if it was in June/July when supporters had a little more time to maybe arrange to go.

It would be a real shame if Whitts never got his testimonial after his contribution especially when the players in today's world would not give as much as he did for us and commitment when we was giving him contract after contract and half of his contracts only went up by 1,000 and 2,000 and it highest contract was 30 p/w when we have had a good 20+ plus come to this club when he was here collecting 30k+ when they first joined the club and he could have easily went in with his agent demanding the same as them but never did.

The treatment he received in his latter years and since he has gone is shocking. The guy played over 400 games for us and scored over 90 goals let's not forget the assists on top.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:58 pm

f**k him hes left now :lol:

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Was drinking up the Park in Barry on Saturday so either injured or nowhere near the matchday squad.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:27 pm

JJ1927 wrote:Was drinking up the Park in Barry on Saturday so either injured or nowhere near the matchday squad.

Is Mrs is from Barry so that's probably why. Whits deserves a testimonial 100 percent. Legend

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 pm

JJ1927 wrote:Was drinking up the Park in Barry on Saturday so either injured or nowhere near the matchday squad.

He use to live on the island in tbe big hpuse overlooking jacksons bay

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Really? Wasn't that Rick Wright's house too, Wez? :? :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Not too sure its a fairly new build i got a boat in barry yacht club and they were telling me there

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:50 am

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Not too sure its a fairly new build i got a boat in barry yacht club and they were telling me there

He lived in Penarth for about 8 years. His house is now up for sale although he has another in Dinas Powys.