" Neil Harris Calls fans a Disgrace "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:44 am

Harris looking for reaction against Cardiff

Millwall boss Neil Harris was not a happy man last night.

Not only did he see his side crash out of the FA Cup to lesser opposition, in a 1-0 defeat to Rochdale, but he called the Dale fans “a disgrace” and is desperate for Millwall to respond positively against Cardiff City.

Neil Harris was unhappy their fans ran on to the pitch to 'goad' his club's supporters.

NEIL HARRIS:

'I thought the Rochdale fans were a disgrace at the end,' said Harris, who verbally confronted some of them on the pitch.

'Our fans were goaded, it wasn't quite right. My players were treated very badly, and me and the staff were abused. As a football club, we have the stick pointed at us fairly often.'

Yes, I’d have loved to have won this tie and had a home tie in the fifth round. But our big focus is the league and we turn our attentions quickly to Cardiff on Friday night.
Whenever I’ve been in charge we’ve always bounced back, we’ve always followed a disappointment with a positive. I just said to the players ‘you got beaten by the better team’.
Attachments
Brentford-v-Millwall-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg
Brentford-v-Millwall-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg (20.07 KiB) Viewed 7883 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Neil Harris Calls fans a Disgrace

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:46 am

Rochdale’s jubilant fans ‘a disgrace’, says Millwall manager Neil Harris after pitch invasion following his team's shock FA Cup fourth round defeat

Daily Mail

Tuesday 7th February 2018

League One Rochdale are facing a dream FA Cup date against Spurs but beaten Millwall manager Neil Harris was unhappy their celebrating fans ran on to the pitch to 'goad' his club's supporters.

Dale skipper Ian Henderson struck after 53 minutes to give the underdogs a famous victory at freezing Spotland - rewarding those volunteers who worked around the clock to ensure the game could go ahead.

After the final whistle around 200 fans congregated in front of Millwall's support who stayed impressively restrained until those on the pitch were ushered away by stewards without any trouble. The FA could now look into the pitch invasion.

Rochdale fans run onto the pitch following their team's victory over Millwall on Tuesday

Neil Harris was unhappy their fans ran on to the pitch to 'goad' his club's supporters

'I thought the Rochdale fans were a disgrace at the end,' said Harris, who verbally confronted some of them on the pitch.

'Our fans were goaded, it wasn't quite right. My players were treated very badly, and me and the staff were abused. As a football club, we have the stick pointed at us fairly often.'

Rochdale, 23rd in their division, fully deserved their victory with a bobbly and heavily-sanded pitch proving a great leveller.

They will now hope Spurs beat Newport on Wednesday to set up a fifth round tie at Spotland that will be the biggest in Dale's history.

'My head says Newport but my heart wants Tottenham,' said delighted manager Keith Hill.

'Those supporters who worked under the dome (cover) through the night deserved that performance the players gave them.

'The state of the pitch is poor but the work that has gone in to get the game on has been tremendous.'

Championship Millwall, the 2004 FA Cup finalists, failed to register a shot on target in the first half and were made to pay when Calvin Andrew beat Jason Shackell down the left and crossed for Henderson to turn in his 20th goal of the season
Attachments
48F22AD600000578-0-image-a-79_1517963453293.jpg
48F22AD600000578-0-image-a-79_1517963453293.jpg (44.27 KiB) Viewed 7880 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: " Neil Harris Calls fans a Disgrace "

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:18 am

I don’t think Millwall are in a position to comment on anyone’s fans!haha.
Escott1927

Postby RYANBLUE » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:53 am

wasn't calling the fans a disgrace when they went on pitch at Wembley tho was he........
RYANBLUE

Postby Danny Says » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:54 am

Neil Harris played for us, scored for us then left in a blink of an eye and went to in his mind a bigger club [Forest] who City promptly stuffed at xmas and his team were relegated.
Danny Says

Postby skiprat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:56 am

Pot kettle black
skiprat

Postby Bananas » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:05 pm

England run from Iceland

Millwall run from Rochdale kids

Hhmmmmm :laughing6:
Bananas

Postby nubbsy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:34 pm

Is this guy for real!????
nubbsy

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:14 pm

I agree with him.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:16 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I agree with him.

Two wrong don't make a right but come on, its Milwall! we all hate Milwall. :laughing6:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:25 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I agree with him.

Two wrong don't make a right but come on, its Milwall! we all hate Milwall. :laughing6:

I don't have as much hatred for Millwall as some down to the fact I am too young to really be involved in the previous games back in the day to dislike them although like everyone will join in with the anti chants as it creates an atmosphere.

But yeah I hate Millwall. :laughing6: :ayatollah:
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:55 pm

I 100% dont hate Millwall, always shown Cardiff fans Respect and I have many Millwall friends :thumbright:

Now Leeds, I can't stand :lol:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby phildavies » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:45 am

It really annoys me when managers of mid table clubs say our priority is the league. Why? It’s not like their going up or down so concentrate on the cup.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:54 pm

phildavies wrote:It really annoys me when managers of mid table clubs say our priority is the league. Why? It’s not like their going up or down so concentrate on the cup.

Or concentrate on every game.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby cardiff 74 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:20 pm

phildavies wrote:It really annoys me when managers of mid table clubs say our priority is the league. Why? It’s not like their going up or down so concentrate on the cup.

A millwall fan said on talksport this morning he left seven first team regulars out of the cup tie at rochdale the millwall fan had they played they probberly would have won so know they have lost out on a two hundred fiffty thousand pay the den would have been packed for a rare visit of tottenham in the fa cup I would be fuming with Neal Harris as the post above say they won't go up and they certainly won't go down and know he trying to say the prioty known is the game against us maybe it is but millwall deserved to have a tie with a big club like Spurs but he thought diffrent bet the police are thanking him :lol:
cardiff 74

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:32 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:

A millwall fan said on talksport this morning he left seven first team regulars out of the cup tie at rochdale the millwall fan had they played they probberly would have won so know they have lost out on a two hundred fiffty thousand pay the den would have been packed for a rare visit of tottenham in the fa cup I would be fuming with Neal Harris as the post above say they won't go up and they certainly won't go down and know he trying to say the prioty known is the game against us maybe it is but millwall deserved to have a tie with a big club like Spurs but he thought diffrent bet the police are thanking him :lol:

They could still go down ( not likely ) if Hull start picking up point and Millwall lose 4 or 5 on the bounce... You have to play until the very end in the championship IMO
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby stevewall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I 100% dont hate Millwall, always shown Cardiff fans Respect and I have many Millwall friends :thumbright:

stevewall

Postby stevewall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I 100% dont hate Millwall, always shown Cardiff fans Respect and I have many Millwall friends :thumbright:

stevewall

Return to General Chat