Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why now.....

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Do the CCS now seem to be offering away supporters far more tickets than we always used to? Villa up to 4000, Newcastle last year the same, someone on here said offer Bristol City 3500. As far as I knew and was aware, the away allocation was always around 2200 at the CCS. I get the fact that the home fans won't buy them all, and that it creates a better income and atmosphere, but I guess I must be old school.

Why do we make the away team feel more at home by offering them more? Why do we let them create their own atmosphere? It seems to happening me and more these days.

Re: Why now.....

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Because we no longer fill the Family Stand, so there's room to do it.

Plus the Ninian Upper is available for anyone who gets moved

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Because we no longer fill the Family Stand, so there's room to do it.

Plus the Ninian Upper is available for anyone who gets moved

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:59 pm

Football is all about the £££££ mate.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:38 pm

I’d give away teams as many tickets as they wanted. The atmosphere down the CCS is shocking and we barely fill 50% of the ground. More away fans would improve the atmosphere which might encourage more city fans to get down there. It’s all extra money for the club.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Escott1927 wrote:I’d give away teams as many tickets as they wanted. The atmosphere down the CCS is shocking and we barely fill 50% of the ground. More away fans would improve the atmosphere which might encourage more city fans to get down there. It’s all extra money for the club.

I totally agree. The lack of atmosphere at some games is terrible. The more away fans the more likely the atmosphere will pick up and hopefully that will add to the days enjoyment irrespective of the game.