Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why are we rated as physical

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:28 pm

We are being labelled as one the most physical teams in the championship, yet from what I can see teams we come up against seam to be having players sent off with us only having one player sent off in the league all season.

I would like to know how we fare on the disicpline stats compared to the rest of the teams
1. how many fouls have we given away
2. How many yellow cards we have had
3. How many players have had suspensions

I would question this Physical label being aimed at us by othe people :ayatollah:

Re: Why are we rated as physical

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 pm

It's just copy cat statements from other club fans? A lot have no substance to their view of us just copying what others say before even seeing us play against their team ! :old:

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:55 pm

Physical. Cloggers. Long ball. Route one. Dirty. Time wasters.

Under NW I've seen us play some fantastic football and all the clichéd expressions above are standard issue of empty vessels who really don't understand football and are for some reason jealous of any side that NW manages.

Long may it continue!

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:52 am

I can only find the yellow red card stats. Put us in 13th...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:02 am

Here is a FairPlay table which shows us as one of the fairer teams in the Championship when it comes to yellow & red cards. Obviously Dirty Leeds are the worst, no surprise there!

Yellow = 1pt
Yellow followed by Red = 3pts
Straight Red = 5pts

https://www.transfermarkt.com/champions ... 017/plus/1

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:42 am

we are a physical side though.

physical doesnt have to mean dirty.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:52 am

paulh_85 wrote:we are a physical side though.

physical doesnt have to mean dirty.

That we are!

I just think back to when we used to play a Warnock team - They were always thought of as dirty to me. Maybe its just how Warnock is labelled ?

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:00 am

The good thing for us is we're physical but disciplined, minus the Bennett foul, Warnock will like us to get in their faces but keep things disciplined.

Stats above show we have good aerial rate, one of the best in the league so lets start dumping that ball onto Madine's head to get some more goals :wave:

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:35 pm

Maybe not tonight .