Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GARY MADINE: "I'M LOVING IT HERE!"

Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:15 pm

Cardiff City’s January Transfer Deadline Day signing spoke exclusively to iFollow Cardiff City ahead of the trip to Millwall.

Friday 9th February 2018

“I can’t wait,” Gary began. “Millwall is always a tough place to go and after Saturday I’m full of confidence and with the players I’m playing with, hopefully we can go and get a result.”

City’s No.44 went on to explain how keen he was to make the move to the Welsh capital and expressed his admiration for the Gaffer.

“I’m loving it here, when I heard there was interest I was desperate to come to a team and a club that is going in the right direction and pushing for promotion. Neil Warnock has had success throughout his career and I jumped at the chance to come.

“They (Neil Warnock, Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo) didn’t need to say too much. I didn’t fancy coming up against Sean Morrison and Sol Bamba again either.

“It’s good that I’m playing alongside them and not against them now and as I say, the Gaffer has had loads of success so I think it was the right footballing move for me.”

The 27 year-old finished by reflecting on his first start against Leeds United last weekend.

“I looked at the fixtures before I joined and thought it might be tough, but then I saw the team. I thought Leeds was going to be a hard game, I’m looking around thinking ‘I’ve got Bamba, Morrison, Paterson - everyone’s massive!’ and I can see us steamrolling people. Hopefully we can carry on from this.

“The team performance was great. There’s not many occasions where you go away from home and score four goals, I was gutted I didn’t get one. I think I was a bit nervous but thankfully we got the win and hopefully I can get my first goal on Friday.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: GARY MADINE: "I'M LOVING IT HERE!"

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:20 pm

GAARRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:36 pm

Creamin' at this kind of attitude, a buzz about his words, I've criticised his signing but after the last game, I'm sure he's going to slowly change my mind on him, get a goal tonight Garrrrry :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Time will tell what he can do.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:56 pm

I'm lovin' it
I'm lovin' it
Don't you love it too?
Yo
Hi, I'm not here to waste your time
You know this ain't a pick up line
I just think that you're a dime
Well don't just sit there girl
Well I know that heart that's in your chest
It carries pain and so must stress
But you got to let it go
(Go, go, girl)
Just close your eyes I'll grab your waist
Next think you know you have your pace
Girl you got to let it go
(Go, go, girl)

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:24 am

Needs a goal.

Or even an attempt at goal. Was easily dealt with by Milwall's big centre half today and never looked like scoring.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:45 pm

what is everyone expecting from this lad (serious question) 5-10 goals ?

because to me he seems to be a panic buy, especially at £6m, could easily have gone for a cheaper younger option, because he looks like he's going to be a bench guy when zohores had his rest. and there's no way this guy can cut it in the premiership, he was average at best in league one.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:35 pm

bluebird04 wrote:what is everyone expecting from this lad (serious question) 5-10 goals ?

because to me he seems to be a panic buy, especially at £6m, could easily have gone for a cheaper younger option, because he looks like he's going to be a bench guy when zohores had his rest. and there's no way this guy can cut it in the premiership, he was average at best in league one.

Needs to get 10 goals really if we're to get promoted whether automatically or via the play-offs.

Can't keep relying on Junior to get the goals. Either Madine has to get them or we've got to persuade Zohore's goal scoring twin from last season to come back again and replace the carthorse who's currently wearing the number 10 shirt.