Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW:TONIGHT WERE CARDIFF CITY ROBBED OF THE WIN BY R

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Paul, you could not have watched the incident. It was awful by the ref and he didn't even book their player as he jumped in Joe.

Awful awful ref

The challenge was worth a straight red never mind his poor decision

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Even Neil Harris has said it was goal. That ref should be sacked. Incompetence at the highest level.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:07 pm

2 important points lost due to referee decision.

He needs to be dropped for that decision

Warnock spitting blood

He could of made up by giving soft penalty but no . Hidden agenda !!?? Hope not

Bakedalasker wrote:Awful refereeing.

No need to stop play until the ball was cleared where advantage was gained. The ball was still in the danger zone with everything to play for. Crap refereeing.

It's Keith Stroud all over who has had us over time and time again over the last 10 years. Only 2 wins with him in control since 2007/08 with 3 draws and 11 defeats. :shock: :shock: :shock:

My heart sank when I saw him in charge but, it's not his fault we appear unable to pass to one another. But a very poor decision which has ultimately cost us 2 points.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Charlie Harper wrote:Paul, you could not have watched the incident. It was awful by the ref and he didn't even book their player as he jumped in Joe.

Awful awful ref

Me?

Of course I watched :?

Didn’t even say the ref was right either

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Cantonblu wrote:In slow mo the ref actually blew up as Sol was putting the ball in the net,no wonder Warnock went ballistic,so was I,unbelievable at this level.

The ref only had to allow play for half a second before blowing. I don't see how anyone can defend him.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:10 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Goal wasn’t actually disallowed, kinda feel for the ref as he had already let play go on for a bit

He did but as bamba kicked ball he turned away why?

It’s frustrsting , hard for a ref though trying to let the game flow

What are you on? The game was in full flow with everything to go for.

I’m not on anything thanks.

He looks away when the balls in the air after it takes two bounces in the box. Should have let play go on but the decision was made before bamba kicks it

Come on Paul, you know your football. The referee put the whistle to his mouth when Bamba was already in mid motion performing his bicycle kick inside the 6 yard box directly in front of goal. There is absolutely no reason why the referee couldn't wait an extra half a second. Even Neil Harris just said the decision went in their favour.

That's yet another wrong decision from the referee which has cost us 2 points. Sean Morrison got pulled down with two arms late on for a stone wall penalty in the home game as well, so that's 4 points the referees have cost us against Millwall.

On a side note, credit to Neil Harris for summing up the game exactly as it was.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Bananas wrote:
NSW Bluebird wrote:It pains me to say it, but I think the ref got it right. He blew the whistle because Paterson copped a blow to the head. Can’t take any chances with head knocks unfortunately.

It pains me to say it but you are talking complete shite. He got it 100% wrong :banghead:

He was moving about so not bad enough to blow straight away or he would have done so? As been pointed out take look and as bamba is about to kick ball he blows . :banghead:

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 pm

What a mistake by the ref...he could have made up for it when Morrison was smashed by their kerper for a penalty...its gone now and with 30 minutes to go i was happy with a point...however i now feel robbed by that ref...Leeds and Millwall away and 4 points...not all bad to be fair

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:12 pm

corky wrote:What a mistake by the ref...he could have made up for it when Morrison was smashed by their kerper for a penalty...its gone now and with 30 minutes to go i was happy with a point...however i now feel robbed by that ref...Leeds and Millwall away and 4 points...not all bad to be fair

Wise words Corky me old great mate

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Shocking decision. Clear to us behind the goal he blew just after Sol connected with ball.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:15 pm

Robbed by the refferee

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:16 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Goal wasn’t actually disallowed, kinda feel for the ref as he had already let play go on for a bit

He looks away when the balls in the air after it takes two bounces in the box. Should have let play go on but the decision was made before bamba kicks it

Come on Paul, you know your football. The referee put the whistle to his mouth when Bamba was already in mid motion performing his bicycle kick inside the 6 yard box directly in front of goal. There is absolutely no reason why the referee couldn't wait an extra half a second. Even Neil Harris just said the decision went in their favour.

That's yet another wrong decision from the referee which has cost us 2 points. Sean Morrison got pulled down with two arms late on for a stone wall penalty in the home game as well, so that's 4 points the referees have cost us against Millwall.

On a side note, credit to Neil Harris for summing up the game exactly as it was.

Look, I agree that it’s harsh and frustrating I’m just trying to rationalise what the ref might be thinking. I’ve gone back and paused it when he looks away, after it bounces around twice and goes up he looks at Bennett that’s the moment he’s decided to blow the whistle.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:20 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Look, I agree that it’s harsh and frustrating I’m just trying to rationalise what the ref might be thinking. I’ve gone back and paused it when he looks away, after it bounces around twice and goes up he looks at Bennett that’s the moment he’s decided to blow the whistle.

The ref was right by Joe and waited 2 seconds before the goal was scored. Why didn't he blow straight away.

Steve Zodiak will be along soon to say we always blame the ref.

You cant defend the ref sorry

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:21 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Your the only one who thinks he's right even sky say was wrong! Fact is he could have seen what bamba did before blowing up there wasn't any harm in doing that ? for whatever reason he was thinking he got it wrong :thumbup:

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:21 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The ref was right by Joe and waited 2 seconds before the goal was scored. Why didn't he blow straight away.

I’m not.

But I’d rather discuss the thought process behind decisions than say something stupid like ‘the ref didn’t want us to win’

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Your the only one who thinks he's right even sky say was wrong! Fact is he could have seen what bamba did before blowing up there wasn't any harm in doing that ? for whatever reason he was thinking he got it wrong :thumbup:

Show me where I said he was right?

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:24 pm

What about the penalty for handball at the end!! It was nice for sky to show 3 seconds of it in the tittles and make no reference to it during post analysis! Even Warnock talked about it and they showed the Paterson punch!! Bunch of clueless idiots!! I have a feeling we were robbed twice tonight!!
Last edited by Nickoblue23 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Mendez was seriously struggling. I thought he should've been subbed half time. Was Wildshut injured? Hope either him or Kads plays on Tuesday....even Feeney would do a better job.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 pm

100% mistake. No grey simply black and white. Allow play to continue until the advantage is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Not a chance the ref has made a horrendous decision that has cost us 2 points. Fuming

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:36 pm

For me the one thing that doesn't get enough coverage is the Paterson collision for me and blow me the pundits didn't have talk some rubbish on it.. argued it was a foul from Archer but you can't give a penalty for it.. that happens anywhere else outsie the box it's the foul so why is the penalty area is a completely different area.

You can't say something is a foul but then not give anything for it.. a foul is something which gets penalised.

The only thing I could see that the ref blew up so late was he looks to his right before Bamba shoots so the only thing he could have possibly in his favour he was looking after the well being of Bennett.. but if Bennett is up on his feet that goal is given and I am not saying Bennett should have been up as he was clearly fouled.

It is a major kick in the teeth because people will say a draw was a fair result but a goal is a goal.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Bananas wrote:
NSW Bluebird wrote:It pains me to say it, but I think the ref got it right. He blew the whistle because Paterson copped a blow to the head. Can’t take any chances with head knocks unfortunately.

It pains me to say it but you are talking complete poo. He got it 100% wrong :banghead:

I get we all have opinions but you my friend are simply wrong. 100 percent. One of the worst decisions I have ever witnessed. He blew just as Bamba was swinging his boot. Shocking and warnock passion was great to hear. If that was me I would be the same...

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 pm

bluemun wrote:Mendez was seriously struggling. I thought he should've been subbed half time. Was Wildshut injured? Hope either him or Kads plays on Tuesday....even Feeney would do a better job.

Agree mendez should have been off by 55 mins

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:40 pm

How? He sees the fouls occur and see's it's two players going for a header so why would he then change his mind when he knows it's a collision of heads? Whopper of the day.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:41 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Thought process behind the decision, it's not just one mistake he's made, there's about 3 in the game that's cost us 3 points and you don't think there's an agenda, it's not first time this season either!

I'm not sure what game you watched tonight but trying to justify the ref decision for the goal is mental, behave mun

I’m not.

But I’d rather discuss the thought process behind decisions than say something stupid like ‘the ref didn’t want us to win’

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Thought process behind the decision, it's not just one mistake he's made, there's about 3 in the game that's cost us 3 points and you don't think there's an agenda, it's not first time this season either!

I'm not sure what game you watched tonight but trying to justify the ref decision for the goal is mental, behave mun

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:53 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Show me where I said he was right?

Well put another way you are only one who hasn't said ref wasn't wrong in blowing up like he did! Yes your looking at rational for his decision but that rational is flawed as he didn't immediately blow for head injury as is normal practice! so he had no reason to blow precisely as bamba was about to kick ball or was it just our bad luck? :thumbup:

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:40 pm

I thought Millwall did very well and a draw would have been on merit a fair point. But, that has to be one of the worst referee gaffes I have ever seen (and I've seen a few)! & has robbed us of 2 points.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:42 pm

I think most people know I will defend refs to the hilt, because without them we would have no game. Every time we fail to win, people will come on here and blame the ref for the fact that we put on a poor performance. I would say 99 times out of 100 the reason we drop points is nothing to do with the ref.

In my opinion, if I was to choose the top ten worst performances by a ref in my 50 years of playing and watching football, tonight's performance would comfortably make that top ten. Easily the worst performance by a ref I have seen this season, and even I won't try to defend the indefensible.

No reason whatsoever to blow the whistle as the goal was scored, if he had blown up immediately for the foul fair enough. Why play an advantage and then stop play as that advantage was about to result in a goal being scored.

Why did he consistently ignore one player leading with his arm throughout the game. Eventually booked him for the sort of challenge that he had made numerous times previously.

I don't like blaming refs, but this was one very poor performance. On the plus side, a valuable away point. On the minus side, a 2-2 draw would have been better as I had 16/1 on 2-2. Win some, lose some.