Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Madine

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:43 am

Early doors I know and I accept that and I'm prepared to change my mind but......what on earth does he offer?

Re: Madine

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:49 am

City Slicker wrote:Early doors I know and I accept that and I'm prepared to change my mind but......what on earth does he offer?

Quite a lot but problem is same as ken faced no support he was holding ball up despite very close attention of their players but had no one near him up pass to so move inveriably broke down!

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 am

pembroke allan wrote:
City Slicker wrote:Early doors I know and I accept that and I'm prepared to change my mind but......what on earth does he offer?

Quite a lot but problem is same as ken faced no support he was holding ball up despite very close attention of their players but had no one near him up pass to so move inveriably broke down!

Fair point Allen and I'll accept that, a bad night at the races. I'm praying it gets better from here on in.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:11 am

Personally I thought tonight that he held the ball up well, it's hard to judge but at least or better than zohore has all season.

The tactics seem to be loved it to the front man, get him to hold it up and let everyone else catch up and hit then on the break.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:18 am

One thing he hasn't offered so far is any sort of goal threat. Bit worrying for a £5m striker.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:04 am

More than zahore. He was fouled all night by Millwalls Cooper. He actually can hold the ball up and head the ball..something Zahore can't do. We all thought we would be crossing the ball to him, but that's not happening cos nml is useless. Warnock picked the wrong team and did not change it until too late.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:06 am

Holds tbe ball up brilliant and created space for others very clever player

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 am

He’s better in the air and better at holding up the ball than zohore but rarely has anyone supporting him. I hate how we look to go long with everything. We weren’t winning 1st or 2nd balls last night so everything was coming straight back at us. Only times we show any quality is when hoillet is on the ball.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:55 am

His hold Up play is excellent. Old fashioned target man.. For what he does he does well.
I think we have to forgot the price we paid. Everything Is accepts its more than he is worth.

He brings others into the game. Took an absolute battering last s night with no ref protection. The ref was happy with twice an arm in face on roof which breaks his nose!

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:10 am

I think he makes us go thoughtless route one. Smack it down the middle and hope.

Milwall put two equally big rugged centre halfs on him and if he did win the battle there was no one near him who controlled the ball. Holliett needs space and stays wide, so the AMC or right wing need to be closer. NML is out of form and hid, and Paterson has one thought "run forest run" into trouble.

We started the season on fire because we got the ball to the flanks quickly, we've stopped doing that.

Holiett is undroppable, probably in the running for championship player of the year. We paid 6 million for Madine :o so is a starter, how do you get Zohore into the game ? As he offer a different skill set.

At home next go 442 ?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:12 am

Bolton next game for him bet he scores

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:23 am

You can tell Gary has a lot to his game by looking at his movement and his hold up play, my only concern is that we are not setting up chances for him and this is a regular thing for City, we are not putting enough balls in the box for strikers.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:43 am

Not the best game for him last night but he was being marked quite heavily and took a bettering from Millwall.

I'm sure he will improve in the next game or two.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:39 pm

He got battered by two big center backs last night with little support and not a second to put his foot on the ball.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:41 pm

6m... Never worth that, 1m?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 pm

This thread is incredible, two away games 4 points, got battered against millwall and already judged. Bonkers. Ronaldo would struggle in that sort of game and the way we played, he battled all night won free kicks. Some of Our fans expect a player to come in and shoot thunderbolts of lighting out of their backside. Get a reality check, its the championship.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:07 am

wez1927 wrote:Holds tbe ball up brilliant and created space for others very clever player

I agree, bit of time to settle and reckon he will be a star here. :bluescarf: