" Grujic terrible "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby WelshSerb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:05 pm

maccydee wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:
maccydee wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:
Savigma wrote:How can people post about Grujic after that game, when people like Bamba absolutely lost us the game. You don’t see me posting how Bamba is terrible though. Grujic was not to blame for the loss Friday, grow up. Honestly...

Start supporting the team because believe it or not players - wether they jump on here or not - find
out what’s said about them. Why the hell would you want a player who has been part of two away draws and 1 away win - may I just also mention 2 games before Grujic joined us we had lost 4 in a row. We are undefeated in the league with him, conceding 2 goals in 3 games.

I wish this post would get deleted because players deserve better than this ignorant cry baby criticism.

Spot on, he’s getting slack every game because he’s come from Liverpool so he should be a world beater, it’s laughable people think Damour is a better option as a defensive midfield

I saw one wanting Damour and Ralls centre mid. How did that work over xmas?

Was working okay till we lost 4 on the bounce aha but personally I think Paterson should be out wide for Laing and put a 3 man midfield with ralls, Damour with Grujic just behide them

It wasn’t though. Worked with Gunnar in with them.

Sorry aha was being sarcastic as we had the win over hull before we lost the 4 in a row
WelshSerb

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby bluemun » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:19 pm

I think Damour should be picked on Tuesday, with Grujic on the bench. Will we still have to pay Liverpool if he comes on as sub.. Damour is far more dynamic.
bluemun

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:39 pm

bluemun wrote:I think Damour should be picked on Tuesday, with Grujic on the bench. Will we still have to pay Liverpool if he comes on as sub.. Damour is far more dynamic.

Prefer Grujic myself
paulh_85

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm

bluemun wrote:I think Damour should be picked on Tuesday, with Grujic on the bench. Will we still have to pay Liverpool if he comes on as sub.. Damour is far more dynamic.

Grujic for me still.
2blue2handle

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:34 pm

Stick with him.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Also I’m all for being able to talk negitavely about our players as long as there’s always something behind it... but does something this negative need to be a sticky?

Let’s save the stickies for all the glorious football violence threads :clap:
paulh_85

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Has something all our central midfielders lack, aggression.. feel like we been much better since the Christmas period with him in the team. You can see the quality he has because he ain't afraid to ask for the ball in tight positions and doesn't constantly slow down play.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:12 am

I am really surprised about the criticism levelled at Grujic.

There have been a few times where he has been caught on the ball but to me, he has imoroved in every game and, suprisingly, does seem to be able to cope with the physical side.

Warnock has said that he's now training at the pace we need and the Bolton game could be a really interesting test for him. He still has something to prove but after 3-4 games the timing could be perfect.

One thing I would say is that he is very much seen as a box to box type player and that just isn't going to happen playing alongside Ralls as he has to be more disciplined. Pairing him with Gunnarsson is probably the prefered option for now they just have to work out how to get him on the ball in the oppostion half more.
piledriver64

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:51 am

Not sure what people are watching saying Grujic is terrible.
Have you ever played the game before?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby maccydee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:54 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Not sure what people are watching saying Grujic is terrible.

I haven’t played the game before but can see the good that he does. We were powder puff before but now have a strength in midfield. I honestly think we would have had a similar result to Preston Away without him.
maccydee

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:01 pm

maccydee wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Not sure what people are watching saying Grujic is terrible.

I haven’t played the game before but can see the good that he does. We were powder puff before but now have a strength in midfield. I honestly think we would have had a similar result to Preston Away without him.

i dont get it, do you have to have played to know football?
paulh_85

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:36 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Also I’m all for being able to talk negitavely about our players as long as there’s always something behind it... but does something this negative need to be a sticky?

Let’s save the stickies for all the glorious football violence threads :clap:

I don't get why a sticky is made to be negative towards our players,Grujic got ripped in this thread... but NML didn't get a mention.... people seem to forget Grujic hasn't played much football, so he is behind on sharpness. But also he finds pockets easily (which he's well above other players on this). Once his sharpness is there, wouldn't be surprised to see a goal or two and a few assists.
bluebird7291

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:26 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Paul, sometimes I think you do.
He does the simple stuff brilliant and sometimes people don't see it.
He's neat on the ball and always looks comfortable receiving it.
I honestly believe playing the game makes you appreciate players much more, I know others will agree :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:18 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

I honestly believe playing the game makes you appreciate players much more, I know others will agree :thumbright:

dont see it at all. people are capable of thinking about things rationally without ever having played the game. this " people dont see it" or " he does the stuff that goes unnoticed" is just a soundbite for trying to claim one person knows more than another imo. there are plenty of professionals who dont have a "football brain" and i think watching football for 30 years (or more in some peoples cases) means everyones point of view is valid, even if they havent played kick and rush on a sunday morning :D

people can go too exteme either way here, like the OP claiming hes terrible when hes been far from that. he also hasnt been that commanding in the middle either but theres signs hes been improving for me.

I think at the end of the boro match we will have a clearer picture of how he fits into the team
paulh_85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:36 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

dont see it at all. people are capable of thinking about things rationally without ever having played the game. this " people dont see it" or " he does the stuff that goes unnoticed" is just a soundbite for trying to claim one person knows more than another imo. there are plenty of professionals who dont have a "football brain" and i think watching football for 30 years (or more in some peoples cases) means everyones point of view is valid, even if they havent played kick and rush on a sunday morning :D

people can go too exteme either way here, like the OP claiming hes terrible when hes been far from that. he also hasnt been that commanding in the middle either but theres signs hes been improving for me.

I think at the end of the boro match we will have a clearer picture of how he fits into the team

It wasn't a dig mate - I just think you appreciate the little things more having played. It isn't easy when you've got a strong CM player biting at your ankles constantly and without playing I don't think you can appreciate how hard it is to keep the ball.

I'm sure there are plenty on this board who haven't played with miles better knowledge than me.
Just putting my 50 pence in again :thumbright: :laughing5:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Bluesman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:59 pm

Apart from Etheridge they were all poor. Wake up against Bolton and Middlesbrough otherwise we can forget the playoffs.
Bluesman

Postby Doggccfc86 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:54 am

Ok I flicked through the game again and I agree there was plenty of other players who played badly including NML who had a shocker. But I stick by what I say and thought of grujic.. ok maybe terrible is the wrong word and a bit harsh but he pulled out of so many challenges, mis placed passes and to me didn't look interested. I really hope he proves me wrong and starts playing well. I'm disappointed with What he has brought to the side so far after the big build him he was given especially by klopp. I would start damour tonight personally.
Doggccfc86

Previous

Return to General Chat