" Grujic terrible "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Grujic terrible "

Postby Doggccfc86 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:53 am

Grujic was terrible last night. Iv not seen anything so far to warrant him a regular starter. It looks to me as though he doesn't want to know and his heart isn't on the job.
Doggccfc86
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 5:39 pm

" Grujic terrible "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Grujic terrible

Postby DEANO » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:32 am

People keep saying give him time but damour is head and shoulders better
DEANO
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:31 am

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:28 am

I wouldnt go that far and he some decent touches, but I agree we have a lot better on the bench especially now they have had a breather. You can see a mile off what's happening, he's trying to adjust to a full blood and guts championship that's at the business end yet it's difficult for him to do so.

We haven't got time for him to get up to speed, it's sink or swim for him next couple of games.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow
 
Posts: 4098
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:30 am

Watch the game again, he covered the centre halfs well. But he wants to pass the ball to a team mate which is alien to many.

The problem is further up field. Joe Ralls has no one to pass to then receive the ball back. Grujic and ralls exchanged some nice passes when he pushed up field, but for Joe its:

Long ball to Madine- crowded out
Holiett - he turns and goes
NML- lost it
Paterson - did he recieve any passes, his job is to be destructive up field

We all see it differently and expect different things. The early season football was beautiful not what outsiders expected, it wasn't mindless, its now turned mindless power and passion over any subtlety
User avatar
llan bluebird
 
Posts: 6784
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby langstoneBlue » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:09 am

Standard thread, if Madine doesn't score Tuesday they will have athread on how he was a waste of money. We have had the same threads on every player at some point this season, most memorable being Etheridge, Patterson, Morrison, ralls, zahore laughable really
langstoneBlue
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:23 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 am

I disagree. I think he shows class touches and last night would have been a lot worse (Preston worse) without him.

Sadly we didn’t have outlets for the ball to stick mainly because it was two on one up front and Madine held the Ball up nicely but if he peeled left to pass to NML we would lose it. If the ball went to Hoilett we had more of a chance but they doubled up on him because of his threat and because the young RB was on a yellow.

Although I don’t see what Grujic offers that Ledley wouldn’t.
maccydee
 
Posts: 5582
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:11 am

langstoneBlue wrote:Standard thread, if Madine doesn't score Tuesday they will have athread on how he was a waste of money. We have had the same threads on every player at some point this season, most memorable being Etheridge, Patterson, Morrison, ralls, zahore laughable really


Yep the Paterson critics are looking like reyt clowns now.
maccydee
 
Posts: 5582
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:23 am

I thought he was good
boyo1927
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:28 am

Certainly didn't think he was terrible, not the best or the worst last night. Not sure why it makes sticky everygame that he is terrible.
My thoughts on the re-branding??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOjxLDcRniE

Learn the words to Men of Harlech -
Join Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 6965194125
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 26709
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby bluebird7291 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:50 am

What!? He had a good game. Covered gaps done well. NML had a mare. Should have been subbed in 40 mins
bluebird7291
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby Doggccfc86 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:55 am

Obviously it's my personal opinion but to me he seems to shy away from tackles and run around with no intent..He looks to me if he doesn't want to be here. I'm extremely disappointed to say the least with his contribution since joining. He's done nothing for me.
Doggccfc86
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby Charlie Harper » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:53 pm

I struggle to see what he brings to the team.

Let's pay Liverpool the money now
Mad bad and dangerous to know
User avatar
Charlie Harper
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:43 am
Location: Malibu beach

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:15 pm

I think sometimes a player comes in with a reputation and we expect a world beater, when that doesn't happen right away people have this opinion. If he had been a a lower league player or youngster people be saying he's decent. My opinion is he's getting better each game, is not up to speed just yet and not sure if we have time for the transition but he's a real midfielder.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow
 
Posts: 4098
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby Mr Shed » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Not the worst on the pitch.
But does he deserve a guaranteed starting spot?
Can we adford to waste a position to teach a player how to play?
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
User avatar
Mr Shed
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:39 am
Location: Wiltshire

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Grujic is too pedestrian and lethargic for me at the moment. I thought he would be a box to box type who drives forwards, but he seems to be more of a sitter who receives the ball and gives it simple.

I think his anticipating and positional sense is good. He broke up play quite well, but he takes way too many touches, slows play down way too much and although he keeps possession well; it's by taking the simple, safe option of playing a 5 yard pass to Ralls, who is having to do way too much at the moment.

I don't see Grujic doing anything threatening with the ball apart from giving it simple, he seems to coast through games and there are periods where the game passes him by. I'm already getting worried the hustle and bustle of the Championship doesn't suit his style at all. He's 6'3 and has a strong build, but he doesn't seem the type of player who will use his physique to his advantage.

I agree with Maccydee about Grujic being a Ledley type player, he seems a water carrier to me who will receive the ball and give it simple, but he doesn't seem to have the work rate or energy to press the opposition and win the ball back. So far, he looks very easy for an opposing centre midfielder to play against.

The difference with Damour winning the ball back and driving forwards to get us into more threatening, advanced positions when he came on was there to see. No coincidence we finished the game stronger after Grujic was withdrawn in my opinion. Our midfield misses the energy from Gunnarsson and Bryson. We can no longer press in a collective, cohesive unit to pressure opponents and win the ball back high up the pitch because Grujic simply can't do that.
Tonteg Bluebird
 
Posts: 6248
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby Sam ReaN » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:56 pm

I think that Grujic is getting on his feet in the Championship and will become vital in the closing stages of this season, he will always be improving each game he plays so just give him a bit more time to settle in, with life in the Championship and he will come good for us.
Join Me On A Trip Around The World In The ReaN Show Series 2

A Brand New Trailer: THIS SUNDAY At 7pm
A Brand New Episode: NEXT SUNDAY At 8pm


SUBSCRIBE TO ME SAM REAN ON YOUTUBE TO WATCH EVERY EPISODE
User avatar
Sam ReaN
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Think "Terrible" is a bit harsh, I would say he's been poor but tbf it will probably take time to get used to going from playing at Liverpool where you get all the possession and teams sitting back and letting you have the ball to playing against teams like Millwall, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday, where they are in your face, physical and have more of the ball than we do. Would be nice if he didn't pull out of challenges though.
Bluebird Warrior
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby blue lagoon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:I struggle to see what he brings to the team.

Let's pay Liverpool the money now



Not a sexy enough name for you then.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
User avatar
blue lagoon
 
Posts: 2179
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:07 pm

We are still playing a full back as a central midfielder, we needed reinforcements. With Gunnarsson being injured we had nobody who can do the defensive central midfielder role except "ball playing" centre halfs.

Neither Ralls, Bryson or Demour are defensively minded central midfielders, he is better than any one of those three at that position (IMO).

It would be interesting who Warnock would pick in a 442 because all our central midfielder can play CM then.
User avatar
llan bluebird
 
Posts: 6784
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby Charlie Harper » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:11 pm

blue lagoon wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:I struggle to see what he brings to the team.

Let's pay Liverpool the money now



Not a sexy enough name for you then.



Get on the bus :thumbup:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
User avatar
Charlie Harper
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:43 am
Location: Malibu beach

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm

llan bluebird wrote:We are still playing a full back as a central midfielder...


Could be worse Real Madrid are still playing a full back as a striker...
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:We are still playing a full back as a central midfielder...


Could be worse Real Madrid are still playing a full back as a striker...


I hope your suggesting a player can change position over time. I mean what has Paterson offered in midfield? Only goals and assists.
My thoughts on the re-branding??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOjxLDcRniE

Learn the words to Men of Harlech -
Join Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 6965194125
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 26709
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby welshrarebit » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:56 pm

If we had paid 7 mil for him. Yes I’d agree he has been terrible. Terrible for the amount paid. Given he is on loan he is so far allowing ralls and Patterson some freedom. Although I wish ralls would stop hoofing the ball aimlessly. I think Grujic is showing some good flashes and has a nice pass in him. I’m optimistic he will improve but we need to get back to what we did at the start of the season and actually pass it around and give the player in possession options. We aren’t at the moment.
welshrarebit
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby welshrarebit » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:58 pm

If we had paid 7 mil for him. Yes I’d agree he has been terrible. Terrible for the amount paid. Given he is on loan he is so far allowing ralls and Patterson some freedom. Although I wish ralls would stop hoofing the ball aimlessly. I think Grujic is showing some good flashes and has a nice pass in him. I’m optimistic he will improve but we need to get back to what we did at the start of the season and actually pass it around and give the player in possession options. We aren’t at the moment.
welshrarebit
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:36 am

2blue2handle wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:We are still playing a full back as a central midfielder...


Could be worse Real Madrid are still playing a full back as a striker...


I hope your suggesting a player can change position over time. I mean what has Paterson offered in midfield? Only goals and assists.


Great post.
maccydee
 
Posts: 5582
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby Savigma » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:49 am

How can people post about Grujic after that game, when people like Bamba absolutely lost us the game. You don’t see me posting how Bamba is terrible though. Grujic was not to blame for the loss Friday, grow up. Honestly...

Start supporting the team because believe it or not players - wether they jump on here or not - find out what’s said about them. Why the hell would you want a player who has been part of two away draws and 1 away win - may I just also mention 2 games before Grujic joined us we had lost 4 in a row. We are undefeated in the league with him, conceding 2 goals in 3 games.

I wish this post would get deleted because players deserve better than this ignorant cry baby criticism.
Savigma
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby WelshSerb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:56 am

Savigma wrote:How can people post about Grujic after that game, when people like Bamba absolutely lost us the game. You don’t see me posting how Bamba is terrible though. Grujic was not to blame for the loss Friday, grow up. Honestly...

Start supporting the team because believe it or not players - wether they jump on here or not - find
out what’s said about them. Why the hell would you want a player who has been part of two away draws and 1 away win - may I just also mention 2 games before Grujic joined us we had lost 4 in a row. We are undefeated in the league with him, conceding 2 goals in 3 games.

I wish this post would get deleted because players deserve better than this ignorant cry baby criticism.

Spot on, he’s getting slack every game because he’s come from Liverpool so he should be a world beater, it’s laughable people think Damour is a better option as a defensive midfield
WelshSerb
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:01 am

WelshSerb wrote:
Savigma wrote:How can people post about Grujic after that game, when people like Bamba absolutely lost us the game. You don’t see me posting how Bamba is terrible though. Grujic was not to blame for the loss Friday, grow up. Honestly...

Start supporting the team because believe it or not players - wether they jump on here or not - find
out what’s said about them. Why the hell would you want a player who has been part of two away draws and 1 away win - may I just also mention 2 games before Grujic joined us we had lost 4 in a row. We are undefeated in the league with him, conceding 2 goals in 3 games.

I wish this post would get deleted because players deserve better than this ignorant cry baby criticism.

Spot on, he’s getting slack every game because he’s come from Liverpool so he should be a world beater, it’s laughable people think Damour is a better option as a defensive midfield


I saw one wanting Damour and Ralls centre mid. How did that work over xmas?
maccydee
 
Posts: 5582
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby WelshSerb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:14 am

maccydee wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:
Savigma wrote:How can people post about Grujic after that game, when people like Bamba absolutely lost us the game. You don’t see me posting how Bamba is terrible though. Grujic was not to blame for the loss Friday, grow up. Honestly...

Start supporting the team because believe it or not players - wether they jump on here or not - find
out what’s said about them. Why the hell would you want a player who has been part of two away draws and 1 away win - may I just also mention 2 games before Grujic joined us we had lost 4 in a row. We are undefeated in the league with him, conceding 2 goals in 3 games.

I wish this post would get deleted because players deserve better than this ignorant cry baby criticism.

Spot on, he’s getting slack every game because he’s come from Liverpool so he should be a world beater, it’s laughable people think Damour is a better option as a defensive midfield


I saw one wanting Damour and Ralls centre mid. How did that work over xmas?

Was working okay till we lost 4 on the bounce aha but personally I think Paterson should be out wide for Laing and put a 3 man midfield with ralls, Damour with Grujic just behide them
WelshSerb
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Re: " Grujic terrible "

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:52 am

WelshSerb wrote:
maccydee wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:
Savigma wrote:How can people post about Grujic after that game, when people like Bamba absolutely lost us the game. You don’t see me posting how Bamba is terrible though. Grujic was not to blame for the loss Friday, grow up. Honestly...

Start supporting the team because believe it or not players - wether they jump on here or not - find
out what’s said about them. Why the hell would you want a player who has been part of two away draws and 1 away win - may I just also mention 2 games before Grujic joined us we had lost 4 in a row. We are undefeated in the league with him, conceding 2 goals in 3 games.

I wish this post would get deleted because players deserve better than this ignorant cry baby criticism.

Spot on, he’s getting slack every game because he’s come from Liverpool so he should be a world beater, it’s laughable people think Damour is a better option as a defensive midfield


I saw one wanting Damour and Ralls centre mid. How did that work over xmas?

Was working okay till we lost 4 on the bounce aha but personally I think Paterson should be out wide for Laing and put a 3 man midfield with ralls, Damour with Grujic just behide them


It wasn’t though. Worked with Gunnar in with them.
maccydee
 
Posts: 5582
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bakedalasker, BobbyBlue, City Slicker, Dahboy, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], KBK-13, Llantwit Blue, Matt the Bluebird, newblue57, oohahhPaulMillar, paulh_85, Porthy1964, Reza, stuey1981, ThomasC, Valebluebird, Vincegulley and 230 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.