Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Echo gave NML a 5 (five) in their ratings

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 am

How the diddly doo did he get a 5?

Re: Echo gave NML a 5 (five) in their ratings

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:41 am

maccydee wrote:How the diddly doo did he get a 5?

They give you 4 for just turning up then mark you out of six. Having said that it’s debatable if he did turn up

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:24 pm

I don’t like having a go at our players if I can help it

But he just doesn’t look up to it now

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:32 pm

paulh_85 wrote:I don’t like having a go at our players if I can help it

But he just doesn’t look up to it now

Me neither. However it was that bad.

They have a saying in the navy that things must have gone bad if buffers wearing foulies.

A player must have played badly if im criticising them.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Everything was off with him.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:46 pm

5? id have given him a 3. Liability and an embarrassment of a performance, so much so that the players stopped passing to him in the second half. One of the worst performances I have seen in a city shirt. Went and hid in that second half, unforgivable.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:59 pm

It's like he has his feet stuck in cement and springs are attached to his boots. One occasion in the second half, the old Mendez-Laing would have knocked the ball past their full back and burnt him for pace. Instead, he didn't know what to do and just swung a leg, kicking the ball aimlessly into their player to give it away.

I don't know why he isn't twisting and turning to slalom in and out of players like he used to. He seems too heavy legged to be able to do anything with the ball and the number of times the ball bounced 20 yards off his foot when he tried bringing the ball under control left me tearing my hair out.

I think he needs a few development games against lesser opposition for a month to get his confidence back. We have Pilkington, Kadeem Harris, Jamie Ward, Wildschut, Feeney and even Paterson who can step in down the right.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:04 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:It's like he has his feet stuck in cement and springs are attached to his boots. One occasion in the second half, the old Mendez-Laing would have knocked the ball past their full back and burnt him for pace. Instead, he didn't know what to do and just swung a leg, kicking the ball aimlessly into their player to give it away.

I don't know why he isn't twisting and turning to slalom in and out of players like he used to. He seems too heavy legged to be able to do anything with the ball and the number of times the ball bounced 20 yards off his foot when he tried bringing the ball under control left me tearing my hair out.

I think he needs a few development games against lesser opposition for a month to get his confidence back. We have Pilkington, Kadeem Harris, Jamie Ward, Wildschut, Feeney and even Paterson who can step in down the right.

Was totally bizarre, I get he's not a passer and we all know his strengths but won't even back himself with that. He just wanted to get rid of the ball. Am sure he will bounce back next season, at one point it was crucial he played and when we lost him at Ashton gate it weakened us. Now it's a different story.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:It's like he has his feet stuck in cement and springs are attached to his boots. One occasion in the second half, the old Mendez-Laing would have knocked the ball past their full back and burnt him for pace. Instead, he didn't know what to do and just swung a leg, kicking the ball aimlessly into their player to give it away.

Was totally bizarre, I get he's not a passer and we all know his strengths but won't even back himself with that. He just wanted to get rid of the ball. Am sure he will bounce back next season, at one point it was crucial he played and when we lost him at Ashton gate it weakened us. Now it's a different story.

Apart from the Bogle sending off, Mendez-Laing going off early was a huge reason why we lost that game. He was so important to us back then.

I don't know if it's a mental thing, maybe it's still at the back of his mind and he isn't 100% comfortable at accelerating and changing direction to beat players at full pelt.

I want this Mendez-Laing back (last goal home to Ipswich) the player who could go on a lung bursting run late on to cut through defences. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpHI5X-DBDk

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:5? id have given him a 3. Liability and an embarrassment of a performance, so much so that the players stopped passing to him in the second half. One of the worst performances I have seen in a city shirt. Went and hid in that second half, unforgivable.

Thats being generous

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:52 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:5? id have given him a 3. Liability and an embarrassment of a performance, so much so that the players stopped passing to him in the second half. One of the worst performances I have seen in a city shirt. Went and hid in that second half, unforgivable.

Thats being generous

It's four more than he actually deserved.