Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sad that Wembley is no longer special

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Should be used for finals and when one represents their country. Seeing league games being played there is awful. Even more so today as they are using lines like first player to score at Wembley in this fixture for over 20 years.

Not the same and makes me sad.

Re: Sad that Wembley is no longer special

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:43 pm

maccydee wrote:Should be used for finals and when one represents their country. Seeing league games being played there is awful. Even more so today as they are using lines like first player to score at Wembley in this fixture for over 20 years.

Not the same and makes me sad.

Football is now big business and they want to make as much money as possible, for me Wembley was the highlight of the year for the FA Cup Final, but that went when they started to play the Semi Finals and moved the kick off times, so yes it is sad and no longer special, that said i suppose Newport Fans enjoyed their trip to Wembley last Wednesday :bluescarf:

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Such a fantastic stadium it’s good to see it being used.

I think it’s Chelsea’s turn in a few seasons isn’t it?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Try telling Lincoln fans it's not special? :thumbup:

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Try telling Lincoln fans it's not special? :thumbup:

Was that a league game?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:44 pm

It’s all about the money in modern times not tradition.

Look at Tottenham’s new ground, they even have a separate pitch underneath their main one to be used foe NFL games. 15 a season I think. Must be worth millions to them.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:48 pm

FINAL of check a trade trophy.

A FINAL.

So irrelevant to my OP.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:04 pm

maccydee wrote:

A FINAL.

So irrelevant to my OP.

Irrelevant to what you put in post but not to your headline! Guess it's not special if in premiership but it's only a club ground temporarily. :thumbup:

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:

A FINAL.

So irrelevant to my OP.

Irrelevant to what you put in post but not to your headline! Guess it's not special if in premiership but it's only a club ground temporarily. :thumbup:

I wish I could have put the whole post into the headline but sadly you cannot do that.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:33 pm

Still possible a Spurs could win the cup and played every round at Wembley :o
I know it will never happen cos Wembley needs the money but both semis would be great at the millennium or whatever it’s called now.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:39 pm

If I never go to the dump again I’ll be a happy man. What a soulless dump of an area. No wonder football fans loved the MS, decent atmosphere, visible pitch and 300 licences premises instead of 5 with ing half a mile.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Over 83,000 at Wembley today for the North London Derby. A record for a Premier League fixture

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:07 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Over 83,000 at Wembley today for the North London Derby. A record for a Premier League fixture

But they haven’t got that size stadium because of success. Been handed it. It’s rotten I tell ya, rotten.