Swansea staying up.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby goats » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:03 am

LovetheSwans wrote:
goats wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Strange how the protests against the board have stopped.

There never has been any protest, apart from a handful of people on social media and a few inside the liberty.


They just rolled over eh? Never, surely? Be run out of Swansea if ever happened there I heard. Trust, a wonderful thing.

What is there to protest over ? The team were playing poorly and a small amount of fans decided to take it out on the chairman and some of the ex board members , that’s the reality of the situation.
Now that there has been a marked up-turn in performances and results , the protests seem to have disappeared , funny that.


So the fact some senior trust members knew about the sale to the yanks and let it happen when they knew the trust would vote against it doesn’t matter anymore after a few wins or did gonzo and co just ignore the trust I can’t recall? Modern football fans I guess, bending over for the dollar, nice look. From locally owned to hedge fund city. :roll:
User avatar
goats
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby Cardiff dyskinesia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 am

maccydee wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Strange how the protests against the board have stopped.


We are one to talk.

Not a peep (after first resentment of the rebrand) once we started buying quality players and top of the Championship. Not a peep in the Premiership when we were beating Man City. Then we start losing and down the bottom and suddenly we are protesting for Blue.

Let those in glass houses and all that.


You were obviously not part of the protest march the day of the Man City game? Don’t rewrite history because of your lack of action against the rebrand
Cardiff dyskinesia
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby LovetheSwans » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:18 am

goats wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:
goats wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Strange how the protests against the board have stopped.

There never has been any protest, apart from a handful of people on social media and a few inside the liberty.


They just rolled over eh? Never, surely? Be run out of Swansea if ever happened there I heard. Trust, a wonderful thing.

What is there to protest over ? The team were playing poorly and a small amount of fans decided to take it out on the chairman and some of the ex board members , that’s the reality of the situation.
Now that there has been a marked up-turn in performances and results , the protests seem to have disappeared , funny that.


So the fact some senior trust members knew about the sale to the yanks and let it happen when they knew the trust would vote against it doesn’t matter anymore after a few wins or did gonzo and co just ignore the trust I can’t recall? Modern football fans I guess, bending over for the dollar, nice look. From locally owned to hedge fund city. :roll:

The trust at Swansea only speak for the trust and it’s members, which I believe is less than 1500 these days.
The vast majority of Swans fan, aren’t interested in what the trust is up to these days. They seem to be past their sell by date.
LovetheSwans
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:21 am

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Strange how the protests against the board have stopped.


We are one to talk.

Not a peep (after first resentment of the rebrand) once we started buying quality players and top of the Championship. Not a peep in the Premiership when we were beating Man City. Then we start losing and down the bottom and suddenly we are protesting for Blue.

Let those in glass houses and all that.


You were obviously not part of the protest march the day of the Man City game? Don’t rewrite history because of your lack of action against the rebrand


:D
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 15014
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:33 am

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Strange how the protests against the board have stopped.


We are one to talk.

Not a peep (after first resentment of the rebrand) once we started buying quality players and top of the Championship. Not a peep in the Premiership when we were beating Man City. Then we start losing and down the bottom and suddenly we are protesting for Blue.

Let those in glass houses and all that.


You were obviously not part of the protest march the day of the Man City game? Don’t rewrite history because of your lack of action against the rebrand


Nope and neither were 27,500 others.

First proper organised protest was May the year we got promoted. Nothing while we were winning the Championship. There was a couple of hundred there.

Man City game again a couple of hundred.

When we started struggling it suddenly increased to over a thousand.

Funny that.
maccydee
 
Posts: 5425
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby cityone » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:14 pm

I see the freak show roathy has raised his aussie head again, amazing what a couple of positive results can do for you. :roll:
User avatar
cityone
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Hawick, scottish borders

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:07 pm

cityone wrote:I see the freak show roathy has raised his aussie head again, amazing what a couple of positive results can do for you. :roll:


Yep if they lose a few he'll disappear again, just like their fickle fans and their protests.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby jarredg27 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Reality is theyre going too loose next 4 games
jarredg27
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby HardofHearing » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:39 pm

jarredg27 wrote:Reality is theyre going too loose next 4 games

:laughing5: :laughing5: why kid yourself fella
User avatar
HardofHearing
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:01 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby goats » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:56 pm

LovetheSwans wrote:
goats wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:
goats wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Strange how the protests against the board have stopped.

There never has been any protest, apart from a handful of people on social media and a few inside the liberty.


They just rolled over eh? Never, surely? Be run out of Swansea if ever happened there I heard. Trust, a wonderful thing.

What is there to protest over ? The team were playing poorly and a small amount of fans decided to take it out on the chairman and some of the ex board members , that’s the reality of the situation.
Now that there has been a marked up-turn in performances and results , the protests seem to have disappeared , funny that.


So the fact some senior trust members knew about the sale to the yanks and let it happen when they knew the trust would vote against it doesn’t matter anymore after a few wins or did gonzo and co just ignore the trust I can’t recall? Modern football fans I guess, bending over for the dollar, nice look. From locally owned to hedge fund city. :roll:

The trust at Swansea only speak for the trust and it’s members, which I believe is less than 1500 these days.
The vast majority of Swans fan, aren’t interested in what the trust is up to these days. They seem to be past their sell by date.


Oh right I thought it was the best thing ever, the trust, being locally owned, what could possibly go wrong? Turn coats
User avatar
goats
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:01 pm

I never once wrote them off when they appointed the fella they got now.. sometimes it's the simple things that get results and he has done that by not being so expansive and just shut up shop and hit teams on the counter.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
User avatar
DandoCCFC
 
Posts: 12902
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:14 am
Location: Tredegar <O>

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby Jasonccfc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:34 am

Hate to say it but hats off to to Jack geezers. They needed points and got them with no faddling about :banghead:
I want Cardiff to get to the Premier League, so they are at the highest level but hate the fact we will be amongst the garb at the bottom every season like the Jacks, etc.
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 9129
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby maccydee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:41 am

Jasonccfc wrote:Hate to say it but hats off to to Jack geezers. They needed points and got them with no faddling about :banghead:
I want Cardiff to get to the Premier League, so they are at the highest level but hate the fact we will be amongst the garb at the bottom every season like the Jacks, etc.


You never know do you? There are teams that have risen above the garb.
maccydee
 
Posts: 5425
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby wez1927 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:55 am

Only 2 points, innit?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 11942
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:33 am

wez1927 wrote:Only 2 points, innit?


It's certainly not a given lose a game and those around them win and they are back in the mix. Games coming up will be scrappy hard games with the opposition trying to get every point possible.

My gut says they'll stay up but it's so tight down bottom anything could happen.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby goats » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:19 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I never once wrote them off when they appointed the fella they got now.. sometimes it's the simple things that get results and he has done that by not being so expansive and just shut up shop and hit teams on the counter.



Even bigger month coming for them now, playing a few teams around them who are also fighting hard, unlike the last month.
So close, by far the most interesting aspect of that league this year.
User avatar
goats
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:05 pm

goats wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I never once wrote them off when they appointed the fella they got now.. sometimes it's the simple things that get results and he has done that by not being so expansive and just shut up shop and hit teams on the counter.



Even bigger month coming for them now, playing a few teams around them who are also fighting hard, unlike the last month.
So close, by far the most interesting aspect of that league this year.



All you can say is it could be the most boring set of matches ever seen if they keep parking the bus and other sides do the same to avoid defeat? But if keeps them up they won't complain! :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 13367
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby Jasonccfc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:30 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:Hate to say it but hats off to to Jack geezers. They needed points and got them with no faddling about :banghead:
I want Cardiff to get to the Premier League, so they are at the highest level but hate the fact we will be amongst the garb at the bottom every season like the Jacks, etc.


Who has edited my post? And why?
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 9129
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:Hate to say it but hats off to to Jack geezers. They needed points and got them with no faddling about :banghead:
I want Cardiff to get to the Premier League, so they are at the highest level but hate the fact we will be amongst the garb at the bottom every season like the Jacks, etc.


Who has edited my post? And why?



surely you must be use to it by now :laughing5:
User avatar
paulh_85
 
Posts: 9522
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:50 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:Hate to say it but hats off to to Jack geezers. They needed points and got them with no faddling about :banghead:
I want Cardiff to get to the Premier League, so they are at the highest level but hate the fact we will be amongst the garb at the bottom every season like the Jacks, etc.


Who has edited my post? And why?



surely you must be use to it by now :laughing5:


Can't blame me for this one.
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 15014
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby Jasonccfc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:Hate to say it but hats off to to Jack geezers. They needed points and got them with no faddling about :banghead:
I want Cardiff to get to the Premier League, so they are at the highest level but hate the fact we will be amongst the garb at the bottom every season like the Jacks, etc.


Who has edited my post? And why?



surely you must be use to it by now :laughing5:


Can't blame me for this one.


Nobody ever owns upto doing it i'll have to put it down as some kind of magic :roll:
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 9129
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:Hate to say it but hats off to to Jack geezers. They needed points and got them with no faddling about :banghead:
I want Cardiff to get to the Premier League, so they are at the highest level but hate the fact we will be amongst the garb at the bottom every season like the Jacks, etc.


Who has edited my post? And why?



surely you must be use to it by now :laughing5:


Can't blame me for this one.



im sure ill find something to blame you for soon :D :D
User avatar
paulh_85
 
Posts: 9522
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby pontyclunblue » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:54 pm

God I hope they dont stay up.. Maybe then they may get round to singing proper football songs, not bloody Hymns and Arias, (the clean version). Whats all that about.
pontyclunblue
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby BadaBing » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Your not obsessed with swansea though are you :lol: :lol:
League Cup Winners 2012/2013
Wales only Premier League team
User avatar
BadaBing
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:29 am
Location: New Jersey marine

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby goats » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:31 pm

BadaBing wrote:Your not obsessed with swansea though are you :lol: :lol:


First post of the season, why one has waited so long? Not a fan when bottom of the league is it? People in Swansea are naturally obsessed with all things Cardiff, they can’t help it, it’s in the water, it’s the way it is. Plenty might want to see you relegated into oblivion again, but that’s about it. :occasion5:
User avatar
goats
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Previous


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 7777 glt, adamt958, ae15, Apsleyblue, Baidu [Spider], bluebox, BlueVanman, caerblue, CF23 Bluebird, City Slicker, daidap, Davedingbluebird, essexbees, Gaynor Straight, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jonsey Jones, Jparry, KJblue, Lawnmower, oohahhPaulMillar, Ryan_Morgan_, scooby1973, theclaw, TopCat CCFC, Welsh Exile and 425 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.
cron