Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Results in the end not too bad

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Today could of been a lot worse with 2 home games coming up we are in a strong position,hope birmingham do us a favor

Re: Results in the end not too bad

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Wez, I was shocked when I got home and saw them; particularly after seeing the position at half-time! :o :shock:

They Wurzels will feel like they've lost and that's one win in seven now! :shock:

Fair do's to Chris Coleman and his Mackems today. That's a pretty good comeback! :thumbright:

Stauus quo remains and we can pull away again with a win on Tuesday; a big game for us now! :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:36 pm

Results went our way but feel NW must change way we are playing to get most out of madine! because we are losing games between 20th & 75mins and subs being made far to late

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Results went our way but feel NW must change way we are playing to get most out of madine! because we are losing games between 20th & 75mins and subs being made far to late

Have to politely disagree with you on this mate

In our last 4 league games, we've been unbeaten, taken 2 points a game scored 9 and conceded 2.

Millwall was always going to be a battle, they've had some very good results at the New Den - they haven't lost at home to anyone in the top 10 this season and have beaten Sheff Utd and Boro plus also drawn with Wolves, Preston, Derby and now us.

It was a tidy enough result that I would have taken before the game and ultimately we were robbed of the win by a very poor refereeing decision.

No need to panic and change the way we're playing too drastically in my mind.

A few tweaks here and there but we're still on track and our game is already well suited to Madine based on the goals he scored with Bolton so far this season.

:thumbright:

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:49 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Results went our way but feel NW must change way we are playing to get most out of madine! because we are losing games between 20th & 75mins and subs being made far to late

In our last 4 league games, we've been unbeaten, taken 2 points a game scored 9 and conceded 2.

Millwall was always going to be a battle, they've had some very good results at the New Den - they haven't lost at home to anyone in the top 10 this season and have beaten Sheff Utd and Boro plus also drawn with Wolves, Preston, Derby and now us.

It was a tidy enough result that I would have taken before the game and ultimately we were robbed of the win by a very poor refereeing decision.

A few tweaks here and there but we're still on track and our game is already well suited to Madine based on the goals he scored with Bolton so far this season.

Can't complain about results but tbh take look last night after 20min and before 75 mins only one team in it and as Been same in several recent games we couldn't pass didn't get near a goal? That tells me something is not quite right with way we are set up!? hopefully with madine coming in things be different but he's got same problem as ken no backup from midfield so going to struggle unless nw changes system at least. :thumbup:

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:36 am

pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Can't complain about results but tbh take look last night after 20min and before 75 mins only one team in it and as Been same in several recent games we couldn't pass didn't get near a goal? That tells me something is not quite right with way we are set up!? hopefully with madine coming in things be different but he's got same problem as ken no backup from midfield so going to struggle unless nw changes system at least. :thumbup:

Must have been watching a different game to me. Last 20/25 mins of the first half sure, it was all Millwall. But second half we weren’t exactly backs to the wall

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:57 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Must have been watching a different game to me. Last 20/25 mins of the first half sure, it was all Millwall. But second half we weren’t exactly backs to the wall

Agree i think millwall didnt do much in the 2nd half only a couple of long range shots ,we should of won

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Agree i think millwall didnt do much in the 2nd half only a couple of long range shots ,we should of won

we did nothing in 2nd half except miss place passes dont remember having a shot on target do you? and not until 70mins did we improve when made subs and looked like only winners but you cannot tell me our performance wasnt typical of recent games where we spent periods of games looking awful and unable to string two passes together before improving notably after subs?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:28 pm

We had that very bad period over Christmas and still in a good position, our fate is in our own hands for automatic spot unless Villa keep winning of course. Draws need to be wins from now on and lets hope Villa slip up and Derby. :ayatollah: :bluebird: