Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Adam Le Fondre

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:58 am

Adam Le Fondre Hopes Goal Will Be Rewarded With Starts

February 11, 2018 | By Chris Mann

Adam Le Fondre

Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Fulham

After scoring his first goal since the opening day of the season, Adam Le Fondre hopes his strike against Fulham will earn him a starting role at Bolton.

Le Fondre has had to watch on frustratingly this season, with Wanderers boss Phil Parkinson utilising the aerial ability of Gary Madine in attack prior to his January move to Cardiff City.

But after coming off the bench to net against the Cottagers, Le Fondre hopes to move to the front of the queue and help fire the Trotters to safety in the final 16 games of the campaign.

"I don't score goals like that very often but it's just nice to score," Le Fondre told BWFC's official YouTube channel.

"It's one of the best I've scored. A left-foot volley - you can't do much more.

"I've scored a few against Fulham and have quite a good record, so it was nice to continue that.

"Gary Madine is going to be a big miss to any teams, especially with the way we play, but I guess it's up to me, Tyler Walker, Sammy Ameobi and Zach Clough to take on the burden of attack and hopefully with my goal I've staked a claim to start and push on now.

"The fans were brilliant with me, especially at the end of the game. It was the sort of stuff where hairs on my neck are standing up because they're singing my song and I can't repay them enough."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Adam Le Fondre

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:33 am

One hell of a goal that!
It’s going to be a tough game Tuesday but a must win for us.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Finally did us a favour yesterday.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Finally did us a favour yesterday.

Better not score against us on Tuesday though :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Four ex City players coming back, will any come back to haunt us

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:33 pm

65Blue wrote:Four ex City players coming back, will any come back to haunt us

And they are welcome to all 4 :thumbup:

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
65Blue wrote:Four ex City players coming back, will any come back to haunt us

And they are welcome to all 4 :thumbup:

Noone, Taylor, Le fondre & Ameobi , Is that right?