Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MIX IT UP WARNOCK

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:06 pm

It seems to be a recurring theme on here, displeasure at the brand of "football" NW has the team playing.

Why oh why doesn't he mix it up, or is he so entrenched in his ways that he cannot move on from the hoofball tactics he so loves. It cannot be that he doesn't appreciate a more refined way of playing because on those rare occasions that we string together a decent few passes he acknowledges that "we played some good football out there today".

Imagine the confusion it would cause to the opposition if we were able to start knocking the ball around a la Fulham. We don't have the players to make a seamless transition from hoofball tactics. But on the other hand it should not be beyond the current crop of players to display more composure on the ball and string together enough passes to open up opposing defences. I'm not saying that we should abandon our physical approach but can you imagine how good we could become if we allied skill to the speed and strength that the team already possesses.

Re: MIX IT UP WARNOCK

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Passed it round lovely against Leeds and Sunderland and other games this season. Give credit to Millwall FFS. It wasn’t a shit team we were playing.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:28 pm

maccydee wrote:Passed it round lovely against Leeds and Sunderland and other games this season. Give credit to Millwall FFS. It wasn’t a shit team we were playing.

So we can expect champagne football against Bolton then....?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:34 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
maccydee wrote:Passed it round lovely against Leeds and Sunderland and other games this season. Give credit to Millwall FFS. It wasn’t a shit team we were playing.

So we can expect champagne football against Bolton then....?

This is the championship buddy.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm

It’s not the brand of football that bothers me, it’s his inability (or perhaps his stubbornness) to change things when things are clearly not working. The late substitutions really feck me off. Is there a rule I missed that you can’t do feck all till gone 70 minutes?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:It’s not the brand of football that bothers me, it’s his inability (or perhaps his stubbornness) to change things when things are clearly not working. The late substitutions really feck me off. Is there a rule I missed that you can’t do feck all till gone 70 minutes?

He’s doing something right he has a high number of points in the last ten minutes of games.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:It’s not the brand of football that bothers me, it’s his inability (or perhaps his stubbornness) to change things when things are clearly not working. The late substitutions really feck me off. Is there a rule I missed that you can’t do feck all till gone 70 minutes?

I have to agree, I did Brum and Bolton away and it was so frustrating to watch. Tactics didn’t work from kick off but nothing was changed until late on when it was too late. We shouldn’t complain too much though we have been top 4 all season!

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:00 pm

For the first 30-35 minutes I thought we played some superb stuff v Millwall.. moving around the ball quickly and getting at them constantly.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:For the first 30-35 minutes I thought we played some superb stuff v Millwall.. moving around the ball quickly and getting at them constantly.

yes then nothing for next 40mins of play did 2 subs around 70 mins and we improved to extent we were only team look like scoreing but needed subs 10mins earlier i feel :old: