Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Pompey v Cardiff "

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Just before you Cardiff dismantled our clock
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: pompey v cardiff

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Cardiff fans on Milton end
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:48 pm

What a day one never too fotget

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Got to central only to be told the train was full 12 of us got 3 taxis funny as he'll passing away coaches with city of cardiff on top of our cabs .

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Ment hell :)

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:23 pm

bluebazooka wrote:Just before you Cardiff dismantled our clock

I loved going to Pompey with Cardiff :thumbright: :bluebird:

Great photos Cheers :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Re: " Pompey v Cardiff "

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Pompey / Cardiff were so similar in them days, great support , plenty of lads, passionate fans, Good old days :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Well done Pompey in still keeping your great away support even after years heartache and still in the lower divisions :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:37 pm

I remember it well, & the fella who climbed up & took it apart, bit by bit, all to a large applause,,, just after the game had ended.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Never forget that day,City had thousands on the train.Loads of incidents all day including the clock and a hot dog stall thrown over the back wall.Trouble in the ground before kick off with a group of cardiff in with home fans in the corner.Eric steele the city keeper won save of the season in this game,ended 0-0.After the game kicking off in the side streets everywhere.I loved watching city in those days,long lost days now unfortunately!!

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebazooka wrote:Just before you Cardiff dismantled our clock

I loved going to Pompey with Cardiff :thumbright: :bluebird:

Great photos Cheers :thumbright: :bluescarf:
we loved you lot coming

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Doesn't look that many , always thought we took 5 thousand.obviously not.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Probably 2.5k - miss the terraces and the electric atmospheres in certain games. One day....

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:48 pm

The end you was in held about 5,500 so reckon you had a good 4,000

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:29 am

bluebox wrote:Got to central only to be told the train was full 12 of us got 3 taxis funny as he'll passing away coaches with city of cardiff on top of our cabs .

Yep I was in one of those taxis if I remember right it was £15 each, picked us up not far from the ground after the game

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 am

A great day out, still got the scar on the head....oh to be young and irresponsible again :ayatollah: :D

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am

Remember getting back to the station after the game to be by the Old Bill " your getting on that special ". But officer I'm going to Oxford. " Get on that train or get nicked. " Anyway about half an hour out the train comes to halt in the middle of nowhere. That's it I'll take my chance and get out, not a clue where I was. Anyway as train pulls away in to the distance there were a good 20 - 30 of us left on the tracks. Fortunately it was only about a 20 minute walk into Eastleigh station.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:07 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:A great day out, still got the scar on the head....oh to be young and irresponsible again :ayatollah: :D

Were you the fella that got hit when the train was bricked on the return journey? Nasty wound if I remember correctly?? :old: