Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Referee alert tomorrow - be afraid again!

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Tim Robinson.

He disallowed Junior Hoilett's goal v QPR on January 1st and failed to award us a penalty near the end.

4th official is Andy Woolmer who got Neil Warnock sent off at Reading. (I still remember him with horror at Luton years back when we drew 3-3 and Dave Jones went ape)

Re: Referee alert tomorrow - be afraid again!

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Danny Says wrote:Tim Robinson.

He disallowed Junior Hoilett's goal v QPR on January 1st and failed to award us a penalty near the end.

4th official is Andy Woolmer who got Neil Warnock sent off at Reading. (I still remember him with horror at Luton years back when we drew 3-3 and Dave Jones went ape)

i might be thinking of the wrong goal, but wasnt it more down to the linesman on that day?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:19 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

i might be thinking of the wrong goal, but wasnt it more down to the linesman on that day?

Your thinking of the right goal. I thought at the time he was clearly offside but I was wrong, I hadn't seen the QPR playing the ball back. The ref must have or there was no discussion to be had, he was offside. But as soon as he engaged in the conversation on it its inexplicable how they then came up with the wrong decision.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Tim Robinson was also in charge when we stuffed Villa 3-0 earlier in the season. Hopefully we will get a similar result tomorrow. :)

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:32 pm

A decent ref who will make the Premier league in my opinion. Had a very bad record with him in charge until we payed Villa! As long as it's not Steve ' the bodybuilder' Martin!

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:32 pm

He was f*cking useless tonight

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Another embarrassing performance by the ref unfortunately. The Canton chanting "we only get shit refs" made me chuckle. Zohore (who was my man of the match tonight) literally got his shirt ripped off him every time he held the ball up.

The linesman Ninian stand side was equally useless. I'm just pleased the officials performances didn't influence the result tonight.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:26 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Another embarrassing performance by the ref unfortunately. The Canton chanting "we only get shit refs" made me chuckle. Zohore (who was my man of the match tonight) literally got his shirt ripped off him every time he held the ball up.

The linesman Ninian stand side was equally useless. I'm just pleased the officials performances didn't influence the result tonight.

I agree first half in particular he just didn't give Kenny anything - that said I do think some big centre forwards go down too easy, and might be better off using his considerable strength to outmuscle the oppo - Bothroyd was an example for this, spent more time sat on the pitch waving his arms around.

Ken had a good game and is slowly coming back into form.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:27 am

How on earth referee's get away with it is beyond me,the standard is pathetic,why are'nt they being punished for their costly unbelievable performances.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:01 am

Barclay1 wrote:A decent ref who will make the Premier league in my opinion. Had a very bad record with him in charge until we payed Villa! As long as it's not Steve ' the bodybuilder' Martin!

Prior to the Villa game Tim Robinson had been in charge of just 4 of our games, 1 win, 2 draws and 1 defeat. Hardly a bad record.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:10 am

JimmyJazz wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Another embarrassing performance by the ref unfortunately. The Canton chanting "we only get shit refs" made me chuckle. Zohore (who was my man of the match tonight) literally got his shirt ripped off him every time he held the ball up.

I agree first half in particular he just didn't give Kenny anything - that said I do think some big centre forwards go down too easy, and might be better off using his considerable strength to outmuscle the oppo - Bothroyd was an example for this, spent more time sat on the pitch waving his arms around.

Ken had a good game and is slowly coming back into form.

The problem is that when Ken does use his strength to outmuscle the opponent he gets penalised for that!

Prime example was Sheff Weds away when he won the ball fairly in a shoulder to shoulder challenge with the defender before shooting from about 35 yards into the net. Never a foul by Ken but ref gave it against him.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:11 am

Cantonblu wrote:How on earth referee's get away with it is beyond me,the standard is pathetic,why are'nt they being punished for their costly unbelievable performances.

If that chump Stroud hadn't been totally incompetent we would be in second place now, a point ahead of Villa. :banghead:
Post a reply