Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I hear the other 16,000 fans who came to the Man City ga

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:10 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:The question I wanna ask is for the people who attend games and complain about low attendances, why does it bother you so much?

I don't get it as long as I can attend a game I am happy and the attendance doesn't bother me.. is it because other supporters of other clubs give us grief on it? I don't know but why it such an obsessive subject?

Dando, best not just ask fans like me, best ask Neil Warnock, Vincent Tan, Vince Am(CCSC), The Media, Radio (Rob Philips/Talk Sport etc etc), Other sports personalities, virtually every clubs fans who talk about crowds and our club itself and even Sol Bamba's Wife, they all seem very very concerned as well and they have a right to be.

Why are they concerned? Strange word to use it's just attendances..

At the end of the day there are number of reasons.. the rebrand has pushed a few away.. whatever the number is it's still supporters that don't come no more but we always been pulling around 15-20k around there.

I just don't get why people are so worked up on it and why it's such a high topic like I don't look at Chelsea v West Brom and think what was the attendance today? I just find it all so strange.

Are u serious? why are they concerned, I honestly give up on you,

I think you better ask one of them :lol:

Why are clubs concerned about their attendances? without crowds there virtually is no point having a professional football club.

We all know every Chelsea home game the crowd is virtually the same 41,000-42,000 so no point looking :lol:

NEIL WARNOCK EVEN TALKS ABOUT OUR CROWDS IN CITY’S PRIGRAMNE V BORO, U BETTER TELL HIM WHATS HIS PROBLEM :lol:

I think I will leave it there with you :lol:

Annis I am not on about other clubs I am on about ours.

From a financial aspect yes it could be seen as a concern but do we look like we rely heavily on attendance for income? Not as much as the other things that bring the money in for us.

Just because people like Bamba's partner are questioning our attendance still doesn't make me give a crap about attendances, it's just a figure and I don't see why if YOU a supporter no-one else is attending games and witnessing the things we do supporting City then why does it concern you.

I think Annis has a lot of pride in our attendance figures of old. If you remember back in the old division 4 even a sniff of success (like under Rick Wright for one example) and we would be getting 16,000 and even higher as a 4th division club. Away support was also ridiculously high for the level we were at. Scunthorpe Away is one example. That fizzled out but when Sam brought back some success it started again. Big, buzzing home crowds and massive away followings like brentford.

It was a source of pride for us fans and from Annis’ view it’s a source of embarrassment that now there are lower league teams with higher crowds than us especially as we are and have been top 4 since week 3 and top 2 most of that.

To that to that there are also quotes of 60,000 crowds and bigger than Barcelona knocking about that simply aren’t true.