Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: "WE WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL"

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:36 am

Warnock: “We were very thorough”
Andrew Wright

Wednesday 14th February 2018

Neil Warnock addressed the assembled press and media following Cardiff City’s 2-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers.

“I thought we were professional,” began the Gaffer. “I said to the lads you’ve got to be strong and not give anything away.

“We were very thorough at the back and we took our chances. Both goals were very good. Armand’s was a great finish and Mozza showed bravery for the second.

“We’ve just got to worry about ourselves and haven’t got to worry about any of our opponents. We now have 14 clean sheets and we only aimed to have 16 by the end of the season. So we’re well on our way to achieving that.

“This was as good as you’re going to get against a hard-working team like Bolton.”

The Bluebirds boss was also pleased with the performances of several key players in the match, particularly forward Kenneth Zohore.

“I think you saw the best game Zohore has had all season, tonight. (Junior) Hoilett is like a bottle of wine and Marko (Grujic) got a lot stronger in today’s match. That was probably Marko’s best game since he joined the Club.

“Middlesbrough will come to us and try to win the game on Saturday and they’ve got some good players so I’m looking forward to it.

“I’m looking forward to all the remaining games if I’m honest and I know we can get better.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.