Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Against no side have they lost more "

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:55 am

Cardiff have lost three home league games at the Cardiff City Stadium against Middlesbrough – against no side have they lost more (also three against Hull and Newcastle).

Re: " Against no side have they lost more "

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:02 pm

I remember that game under Dave Jones a few years ago where we were chasing second place place and were 3-0 down after about 20 minutes. I've never felt more like walking out of a game than I did at that one.

No fight, no commitment, a truly shocking performance, probably one of the worst I've seen from a Cardiff side at the new ground.

Then it came out that most of the players had been out on the piss either the night before or two nights before the game, can't remember which.

A real low point!

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:05 pm

davids wrote:I remember that game under Dave Jones a few years ago where we were chasing second place place and were 3-0 down after about 20 minutes. I've never felt more like walking out of a game than I did at that one.

No fight, no commitment, a truly shocking performance, probably one of the worst I've seen from a Cardiff side at the new ground.

Then it came out that most of the players had been out on the piss either the night before or two nights before the game, can't remember which.

A real low point!

Remember that well, it was awful.

Think that Norwich actually secured 2nd place that night?

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:I remember that game under Dave Jones a few years ago where we were chasing second place place and were 3-0 down after about 20 minutes. I've never felt more like walking out of a game than I did at that one.

A real low point!

They did indeed. We were at Burnley for the last game of the season and J Lloyd Samuel really copped it as he was sat in the stand in front of the away support. Marshall was also there and he got no abuse at all.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

A real low point!

Yes I think they did.

We then lost to Reading in the play offs and DJ was on his bike.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:40 pm

A real low point!

yeah my thoughts on the team as a whole took a dramatic downturn after that game, we had a talented squad back then but id rather not have players like that at the club again.

Still probably the worst performace from a City side that i can remember