Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED ' Peter Whittingham, Not taken up the Offer '

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:13 am

" UPDATED "

Offer is still open for Whitts testimonial

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock says the club’s door is still open to give Peter Whittingham a testimonial.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“We said to Peter that a testimonial would be great for him at some stage
“But he never got the chance to take it up really.
“I’m sure he will be thinking about it now and the offer is still there.”

VINCE ALM:

Calls for a Peter Whittingham testimonial facts:

I noticed that there are a lot of calls for the club to arrange a testimonial for Whitts? Peter Whittingham has been offered a testimonial by Cardiff city when he left the club last season, until now Whitts has not taken up that offer, and the club are unable to pursue him under EFL Rules.so those wanting a testimonial need to inform Whitts that he has to contact them and agree which he hasn't done.

Hope that clarifies the situation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Peter Whittingham, Not taken up the Offer '

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:26 am

I wonder if Scott Johnson contacted the club for clarification before publishing his self-promoting guff? Nah.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi, Scott Johnson here.

How am I self-promoting? I was trying to make something positive happen. It’s easy for you to trash people over and over, but surely that’s just you self-promoting too?

I did not contact the Club because it’s not my place to. I asked a question lots of people are asking and now we have an answer. That’s how these things work.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Said this in original post maybe he didn't want testimonial? So turns out its not the club's fault! :o

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Whitts played in Super Kev's testimonial. Can't remember exactly, but I think he was one of the last to be substituted, well into the second half. A lot of people have criticised the club for the arrangements of that game, rightly or wrongly. Perhaps Whitts is being cautious.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Offer is still open for Whitts testimonial

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock says the club’s door is still open to give Peter Whittingham a testimonial.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“We said to Peter that a testimonial would be great for him at some stage
“But he never got the chance to take it up really.
“I’m sure he will be thinking about it now and the offer is still there.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: UPDATED ' Peter Whittingham, Not taken up the Offer '

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:14 pm

He has probably spoke to kev mcnaughton :lol:

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:41 pm

At the end of the season maybe, we have bigger things going on at the moment than one man :thumbright: :bluebird:

Then someone will complain all the plastics turned up rather than the SUPER FANS :roll:

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Roathboy wrote:Hi, Scott Johnson here.

How am I self-promoting? I was trying to make something positive happen. It’s easy for you to trash people over and over, but surely that’s just you self-promoting too?

I did not contact the Club because it’s not my place to. I asked a question lots of people are asking and now we have an answer. That’s how these things work.

FairPlay to you mate you made an alright career of posting unpopular opinion's just to get a reaction and rub people up the wrong way, be nice to see you be true and give an honest opinion.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:55 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:

FairPlay to you mate you made an alright career of posting unpopular opinion's just to get a reaction and rub people up the wrong way, be nice to see you be true and give an honest opinion.

I’d be more liberal with the term career personally

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Unless it's a promotion season, there'd be less than 5,000 there, what's the point?

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:15 pm

For the life of me, I can't see why a player nowadays should be offered a testimonial. The financial benefit would probably be less than a couple of months' wages for him, and whilst a testimonial would give the club and fans the opportunity to show their appreciation, it would almost certainly backfire with 5000 or so people in the ground.

I think the club is picking up the odd messageboard thread about this, and interpreting it as a groundswell of opinion, which I'm afraid it isn't..

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

I’d be more liberal with the term career personally

We have our disagreements but this guy is a pure loon, I swear he came up with some odd theory on something to do with City before can't remember it was but he just does it to get a reaction out of supporters.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:40 pm

I’m still listening!

If I say it, I mean it. It’s never for a reaction, it’s just my opinion and it’s no more or less valid than yours. If you disagree, that’s fine. I’m not trying to ruin your day!

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:51 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:For the life of me, I can't see why a player nowadays should be offered a testimonial. The financial benefit would probably be less than a couple of months' wages for him, and whilst a testimonial would give the club and fans the opportunity to show their appreciation, it would almost certainly backfire with 5000 or so people in the ground.

I think the club is picking up the odd messageboard thread about this, and interpreting it as a groundswell of opinion, which I'm afraid it isn't..

Its not really about the money though as Super Kev donated the unfortunately pretty meagre funds from his to his nominated charity, which I am sure Whitts would do too. It was a disappointing turn out I agree, but those who did go had an enjoyable couple of hours, and got to see some city legends play perhaps for the last time.