Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bloody cyclists

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:49 pm

RV Casual wrote:
JB1 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
The one that grips my shit though is when you are in queuing traffic and they come up the inside of you, mainly at traffic light, if you want to use the road use it, but abide by the laws at all times, not just when it suits.

'Filtering' is considered acceptable practice. Check out rules 160 /211 of the Highway Code. That's why there's advanced stop lines for cyclists at traffic lights ;-)

I'm not being funny mate but I can't think of one set of traffic lights anywhere around where I live or cycle that have the advanced stop lines for cyclists. In fact you very rarely see them anywhere.

Also whilst 'filtering' is deemed as acceptable practice, it's not law and filtering on the left is deemed as high risk and dangerous, and you should not do it unless 100% sure the traffic is not about to move, personaly I think it should be illegal for the safety of both the cyclist and the driver and I say that as someone who cycles and drives.

Personaly when I'm out on my bike, if I come to stationary traffic example lights, I'll sit behind the car I come up behind, I see little benefit in hoping up the inside of them making them have to come past me again for the sake of a few meters but each to their own.

There can't be much traffic or many traffic lights where you live then. Cardiff is gridlocked with vehicles. Personally I wouldn't want to sit in a queue of traffic breathing fumes in the cold. Much more comfortable to do that in a car ;-)

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:16 pm

To be fair I don't live in the City so you might have a point there haha

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:44 pm

I am and always have been absolutely shite at doing wheelies. Any tips lads?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:05 pm

On my way to the game and back again today I counted five cyclists who went straight through red lights without stopping and another one who just went on to the pavement to avoid the traffic lights.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:14 pm

Within 5 mins of leaving the house for the game, a lone FKW mamil was clogging the road and with a dedicated cycle lane on the other side.

So why spend all that money on cycling lanes? If he was a child, I'd tell him off for being so stupid.