Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Scotland manager named and it’s not Malky “

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:10 pm

“ Scotland manager named and it’s not Malky “

BBC

Thursday 15th Feb 2018

Alex McLeish has agreed a deal to become Scotland manager for the second time.

The 59-year-old has been given a deal until 2020 after discussions with the Scottish FA board in recent days.

He takes over from his former Aberdeen team-mate Gordon Strachan, who left in October.

The SFA were unsuccessful in their attempt to recruit Michael O'Neill, who subsequently extended his contract with Northern Ireland.

Walter Smith was also linked with the role but ruled himself out of a return to the job he held between 2004 and 2007.

McLeish replaced Smith as Scotland manager midway through the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign after the latter left to return to Rangers.

The Scots came close to reaching those finals and McLeish then joined Birmingham City, leading the Blues to their 2011 League Cup triumph.

Re: “ Scotland manager named and it’s not Malky “

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:13 pm

Joke.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:19 pm

:lol:

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:14 pm

I heard he was 4th choice behind Alex McLeish , Billy Connolly and the Loch Ness Monster :laughing6:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:58 am

:shock:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:33 am

I think it's a shame he wasn't given a chance; particularly after seeing Alex McLeish appointed :(

I guess others will take a different view but (for me at least) it is way past the time for him to be allowed to get on with his once promising career :thumbright:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 am

doesnt deserve the job so they made the right choice :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:13 am

Who gives a fekk.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:01 am

Jasonccfc wrote:I heard he was 4th choice behind Alex McLeish , Billy Connolly and the Loch Ness Monster :laughing6:

:lol: