Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: " UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS "

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:54 am

" NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS TODAY "

Neil Warnock on Zohore's form

Neil Warnock;

"I’m not bothered about him scoring if we get the right results. The way he plays he’s a right handful."

"We needed more than Zohore and that’s why we got Madine. He took some brutality against Leeds and Millwall."

NEIL WARNOCK:

"'I love it when they're not talking about us'"

"They decided on the radio which one of Derby or Villa will go up. So I love it when they’re not talking about us.
We’re creating more and we’re looking solid at the back. We’re up to 13 clean sheets now and we did say if we could get to 16 we can get in the playoffs."

NEIL WARNOCK:

Aron Gunnarsson
"I don’t expect him to be available for us until around the middle of April. It’ll be another three or four weeks of rehab then he has to get fit."

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We made three or four changes the other night. I don’t think there’ll be anybody else added to the squad.”

"Danny Ward is out for the season while Matt Connolly is also absent, and Warnock added: “Jazz is a while off and Aron Gunnarsson is not training on grass yet – though he should be in another week to ten days."

NEIL WARNOCK:

Talking about Sean Morrison :thumbright:

"You know what I think about him. I’m probably his No.1 fan. When you haven’t got Sean, you realise what you haven’t got.
Yes he’s made mistakes but everybody has. He’s just got better as we’ve gone on.”

There will be plenty to discuss throughout the day and you can keep up with all this below :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Under-23s

The Under-23s secured a 2-0 win over Coventry City's under 23's yesterday afternoon.

And their side included first team trio Craig Bryson, Matt Connolly and Kadeem Harris.

NEIL WARNOCK ON BORO:

"'They spent £40m on strikers"

"Every game is a different challenge. They’ve got one of the best squads in the league."

"They spent around £40m on strikers but I think it epitomises how well my lads have done to be where we are, at this stage with 15 games to go and competition with the likes of Wolves, Villa, Derby and so on."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: "WE WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL"

:bluebird:

" INJURY UPDATE "

Craig Bryson, Kadeem Harris and Matt Connolly all played for the Under-23s yesterday, but Warnock does not expect any more additions to his squad from the Bolton win for this weekend’s game.

Gary Madine likely to play
Jamie Ward out with groin injury.
Danny Ward out for the season.
Matt Connolly on the way to being fully fit.
Jazz Richards still not ready.
Aron Gunnarsson still injured.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We made three or four changes the other night. I don’t think there’ll be anybody else added to the squad.”

"Danny Ward is out for the season while Matt Connolly is also absent, and Warnock added: “Jazz is a while off and Aron Gunnarsson is not training on grass yet – though he should be in another week to ten days."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Neil Warnock on Jamie Ward:

"I think he’ll be two or three weeks. He’s got an adductor strain. I used to get that myself on the wing. He’s just a bit unlucky."

"The team know the club itself has done a fabulous job in January in bringing players in."

"It’s given us far more options. The lads know we’ve got something special. We’re up against it every week and the lads love it."

Neil Warnock on Boro:

"When there’s three points at stake, Boro are capable of winning seven or eight on the trot like Villa."

"There’s your big teams, Villas, Derbys, and Boro were my tip to be number one in the league."

"It was difficult to see anybody finishing above them so all credit to Wolves. Before a ball was kicked I thought they’d be top of the pile."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:55 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

"'I love it when they're not talking about us'"

"They decided on the radio which one of Derby or Villa will go up. So I love it when they’re not talking about us.
We’re creating more and we’re looking solid at the back. We’re up to 13 clean sheets now and we did say if we could get to 16 we can get in the playoffs."

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:09 am

" UPDATED CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE " :bluebird:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:08 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Aron Gunnarsson
"I don’t expect him to be available for us until around the middle of April. It’ll be another three or four weeks of rehab then he has to get fit."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:27 am

Neil Warnock on Sean Morrison

He was simply sensational against Bolton.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"You know what I think about him. I’m probably his No.1 fan. When you haven’t got Sean, you realise what you haven’t got.
Yes he’s made mistakes but everybody has. He’s just got better as we’ve gone on.”

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:54 am

Warnock on Mendez-Laing:

He had a great week in training last week, I played him then I couldn’t get him in the 18 against Bolton. He’s been very instrumental for us.
When you’re an attacking player like him that has to create something, you have to do something all of the time.
You try to impress the crowd more but you have to keep working. He’s got bags of ability and you can see in training what he’s trying to do.
In December, we had to rely on people not in form but now we’ve got a choice, even though it gives me a lot of headaches.

Neil Warnock

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:22 am

Neil Warnock gives an update on Gunnarsson:

"I can be sarcastic when I want but I think, he’s about 75% and not far off going back on the grass. We’ve kept in touch with Iceland and they’ll be delighted with what we’ve done."

"When he’s had surgery, it’s probably good for everyone that he got it done. I don’t expect him to be available until around the middle of April."

"It’ll be another three or four weeks of rehab then he has to get fit. But we could get four or five weeks out of him."

"I don’t worry about Iceland if I’m honest. It’s a tremendous achievement what they’ve done and he’s the captain."

"Gunnars will get as fit as he can and he’ll try to finish on a high with us."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:25 am

Neil Warnock on Zohore's form

Neil Warnock;

"I’m not bothered about him scoring if we get the right results. The way he plays he’s a right handful."

"We needed more than Zohore and that’s why we got Madine. He took some brutality against Leeds and Millwall."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:27 am

Warnock on Traore

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I know him well and I know the parts of his game that’ll pull your hair out, I know how he works."

"I think he needs somebody like me. I think he’s got far more pluses than minuses."

"He’s got everything. I paid over a million quid to Arsenal and he was one of the better players."

"He’ll be disappointed in himself because he’s let himself down in his career at times but no one has time to look back."

"I’ve not seen him this focussed. I had him at QPR and I didn’t see him like this."

"You didn’t know until you woke up what he was like but he seems to be a lot more consistent. I have no worries about what I ask him to do."

"It could all blow up next week so I don’t look too far ahead."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:29 am

Warnock on Pulis

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I think it’ll be a bit much to get in the top two but Tony knows anything can happen with the playoffs."

"It’s a good battle for both clubs."

"He’s (Pulis) like me, he’s seen it all. I think he just needed a change. I like Steve Gibson and I think he’s a good fit there."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:31 am

NEIL WARNOCK ON BORO:

"'They spent £40m on strikers"

"Every game is a different challenge. They’ve got one of the best squads in the league."

"They spent around £40m on strikers but I think it epitomises how well my lads have done to be where we are, at this stage with 15 games to go and competition with the likes of Wolves, Villa, Derby and so on."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:39 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Saturday is too soon for Gary Madine"

"It’s too soon for Madine I think, but he’s training. I wouldn’t write him off."

"The three lads, Bryson, Kadeem and Connolly played for the u23s yesterday which was pleasing."

"We had one or two niggles from Bolton."

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: " UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS "

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:51 am

" NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS ON CARDIFF'S INJURIES "

January recruit Gary Madine missed the Bluebirds' 2-0 win over his former employers Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday night after suffering a broken nose in the 1-1 draw with Millwall at The Den.

Warnock has revealed the £2mill forward - who also had an ankle issue - could return to the squad to face Middlesbrough, although the game could come too early for Matt Connolly, Craig Bryson and Kadeem Harris who all featured for the Under-23s against Coventry City on Thursday.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I think it'll be too soon for Gary Madine, but he’s training so I wouldn’t write him off," added Warnock.

"The three lads who played yesterday for the Under-23s came through it, Craig Bryson, Kadeem Harris and Matt Connolly so that was pleasing.

"We had one or two niggles from Bolton but I don't expect it to affect selection."

Elsewhere, Jazz Richards is also set to be unavailable for two to three weeks while Warnock admits he rushed Lee Peltier back too early after the defender made his return from injury against Bolton in midweek.

"He'll be out for a few more weeks, Jazz," added the Cardiff manager.

"Pelts, I brought him back quicker than I should have done. He's as stiff as a board at the minute but I wanted to play him in that position against Bolton because I wanted to give Sol (Bamba) a break before the weekend.

"It's nice to have decisions like that."

And on deadline day loan recruit Jamie Ward, Warnock said: "I think he’ll be two or three weeks.

"He’s got an adductor strain. I used to get that myself on the wing. He’s just a bit unlucky."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:59 am

Tony Pulis on Neil Warnock

TONY PULIS:

“I have managed against Neil Warnock for about 150 years in all the different leagues I think, I have come across him plenty. His record is exceptional outside the Premier League. I am sure he would like to get them promoted.
“He’s not one of my buddies, I have managed against him. Everybody gets stained with what they do and don’t do, trying to do, the bottom
line is every manager is different and producing results. If you get results you stay in your job, Neil has managed a long time at all levels. He knows how to win games. Outside the PL his record is first class.”

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Armand Traore has revealed he felt hurt after being deemed surplus to requirements by Aitor Karanka at Nottingham Forest.

The versatile left-back featured 18 times in all competitions for the City Ground outfit this season before Spaniard Karanka was announced as the club's new manager in January following the sacking of Mark Warburton.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:33 pm

The last time Pulis and Warnock faced off

A tense encounter in November 2011 saw Neil Warnock’s QPR emerge 3-2 winners over Stoke City.

It’s been a while lads...