NEIL WARNOCK: " ARON GUNNARSSON / NOT GOOD "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:42 am

Neil Warnock gives update on Cardiff City's injured stars and reveals when Aron Gunnarsson could return -

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I don’t expect him to be available for us until around the middle of April. It’ll be another three or four weeks of rehab then he has to get fit."

Friday 16th February 2018

The Iceland international has not featured for the Bluebirds since November and was previously ruled out for the bulk of his side's promotion run-in after undergoing ankle surgery.

But Warnock has revealed Gunnarsson - who is out of contract in the summer - is close to returning to training on grass, adding that he could even be available for action in early April.

"I can be sarcastic when I want but I think, he’s about 75% and he's not far off going back on the grass," said Warnock.

"We’ve kept in touch with Iceland and I'm sure they’ll be delighted with what we’ve done. It means he hasn't got a doubt about the World Cup.

"When he’s had surgery, it’s probably good for everyone that he got it done. It was worse than what we thought.

"I don’t expect him to be available for us until around the middle of April. It’ll be another three or four weeks of rehab then he has to get fit.

"It might be the end of March, we could get four or five weeks out of him. I don't know about the international break but we'll worry about that when we get to it.

"I don’t worry about Iceland if I’m honest. It’s a tremendous achievement what they’ve done and he’s the captain so it'll be at the back of his mind. Gunnars will get as fit as he can and he’ll try to finish on a high with us."
Attachments
CDF_170717_Tavistock_V_Cardiff68JPG.jpg
CDF_170717_Tavistock_V_Cardiff68JPG.jpg (23.82 KiB) Viewed 3980 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: " ARON GUNNARSSON / NOT GOOD "

Postby stentona » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Disappointing. It seems his return is constantly being pushed back. I thought he was due back sometime in February. Now we'll be lucky to get any more bames from him before he buggers off.
stentona

Postby valleyrambill » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:21 pm

In all fairness to him he was on crutches and has had a big operation. What annoys me is he been the one player in the last few bad years who did try on the pitch when we had shit managers and some worthless players on the pitch he was always the player I felt was playing for the shirt and not for the money.

Since meeting him too it proves he has loved this club and its now he is thinking of pastures new for him and his family and unfortunate injury he gets criticised by supporters is beyond me.

I know if he can get on the pitch and play for us and help us get promoted he would make no doubt he is depressed with all this shit going on he would rather be on the pitch playing for us
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby stentona » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:57 am

My comment wasn't meant as a criticism of Aron (he has been a fantastic member of the CCFC squad for a number of years) but reflects my frustration that he adds quality to our midfield and has been missed despite our continued success.
stentona

Postby davids » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:30 pm

Do Iceland have a game soon?
davids

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Trust me if Iceland had a game tomorrow he would be fit to play!!!

His attitude towards us has been rubbish cos its all been about him/Iceland this season. I bet warnock is secretly fuming with him and the Iceland FA
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby cardiff 74 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:58 pm

He's been a rock in our team from the day he came here as far as I'm concerned we still miss another one of my favourite players like whittingham a proper City legend who loves playing for our club
cardiff 74

Return to General Chat