Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: " INJURY UPDATE "

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:52 am

" NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS ON CARDIFF'S INJURIES "

January recruit Gary Madine missed the Bluebirds' 2-0 win over his former employers Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday night after suffering a broken nose in the 1-1 draw with Millwall at The Den.

Warnock has revealed the £2mill forward - who also had an ankle issue - could return to the squad to face Middlesbrough, although the game could come too early for Matt Connolly, Craig Bryson and Kadeem Harris who all featured for the Under-23s against Coventry City on Thursday.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I think it'll be too soon for Gary Madine, but he’s training so I wouldn’t write him off," added Warnock.

"The three lads who played yesterday for the Under-23s came through it, Craig Bryson, Kadeem Harris and Matt Connolly so that was pleasing.

"We had one or two niggles from Bolton but I don't expect it to affect selection."

Elsewhere, Jazz Richards is also set to be unavailable for two to three weeks while Warnock admits he rushed Lee Peltier back too early after the defender made his return from injury against Bolton in midweek.

"He'll be out for a few more weeks, Jazz," added the Cardiff manager.

"Pelts, I brought him back quicker than I should have done. He's as stiff as a board at the minute but I wanted to play him in that position against Bolton because I wanted to give Sol (Bamba) a break before the weekend.

"It's nice to have decisions like that."

And on deadline day loan recruit Jamie Ward, Warnock said: "I think he’ll be two or three weeks.

"He’s got an adductor strain. I used to get that myself on the wing. He’s just a bit unlucky."

Jamie Ward out with groin injury.
Gary Madine likely to play
Danny Ward out for the season.
Matt Connolly on the way to being fully fit.
Jazz Richards still not ready.
Aron Gunnarsson still injured.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.