Todays walk up

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Todays walk up

Postby epping blue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:06 am

Will Cardiff today finally get the a walk up crowd their league position deserves ?

Only the second home fixture at 3pm on a Saturday since the middle of November.

Fair weather. Seems absolute ages since they've played a league game in sunshine

No six nations, no premier league.

A huge game with a very realistic chance of going second.

The walk up recently seems to have all but disappeared. Surely today they'll boost the home support to over 20K. Certainly hopeful.
epping blue

Todays walk up

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Todays walk up

Postby theclaw » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:34 am

Unless the club have given away free tickets can’t see more 18k,sad but true.
theclaw

Postby goats » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:57 am

theclaw wrote:Unless the club have given away free tickets can’t see more 18k,sad but true.

Last time I did walk up I think I paid £31 for the ticket. That sort of price won’t entice anyone, particularly at this time of year, the hardest for many with families etc. I think it’s one of the biggest problems we have, there is NO enticement to lure people in on the day. The city centre will be rammed today however with 10’s of thousands of young and able just milling about.
goats

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Hoping for 19k today..ticket sales better than Tuesday and twice as many away fans
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby epping blue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:02 pm

goats wrote:
theclaw wrote:Unless the club have given away free tickets can’t see more 18k,sad but true.

Last time I did walk up I think I paid £31 for the ticket. That sort of price won’t entice anyone, particularly at this time of year, the hardest for many with families etc. I think it’s one of the biggest problems we have, there is NO enticement to lure people in on the day. The city centre will be rammed today however with 10’s of thousands of young and able just milling about.

I agree the punitive pricing of match day tickets isn't helping and perhaps they should consider knocking that on the head for the time being.
epping blue

Postby epping blue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:04 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Hoping for 19k today..ticket sales better than Tuesday and twice as many away fans

I thought they were saying 1000 away fans as apposed to less than a couple of hundred of Tuesday.
epping blue

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:15 pm

Just left Neath, its Baltic :shock:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Sven » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:34 pm

goats wrote:

This is one of the big issues with the 'floating' support, as they will always think twice about attending 'on the day' because of the cost, the weather, recent results and/or the opposition. Most people don't like to attend their own, so the cost is/can be multiplied plus there is the cost of food, drink and travelling on top

The club will argue there are administrative and logistical costs involved and there is a point in that, as there is when they say they have to ensure season ticket holders are getting the best deals for their commitment

However, with the current malaise amongst many for all but the really big games, it seems clear that crowds will continue to suffer until the club start giving said 'floaters' an incentive (currently financial it seems, as Neil Warnock and his team are certainly delivering on the pitch) if they want them to come on a more regular basis

People will have many reasons for not coming and in reality they're all valid, even if the stated reasons are occasionally different to those they state publicly :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:37 pm

epping blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Hoping for 19k today..ticket sales better than Tuesday and twice as many away fans

I thought they were saying 1000 away fans as apposed to less than a couple of hundred of Tuesday.

That's even better then..should definitely be somewhere near 19k
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby fred keenor » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:24 pm

Lovely day
We could go second
All to play for
Ex premiership team
Surely 20k
Come on bluebirds
fred keenor

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Be surprised if more than 16k as even asda cafè is quieter than ever seen it! :o
pembroke allan

Postby Pencoed » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Very busy trying to park on Hatfield Road
Pencoed

Return to General Chat