Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW:TODAY CARDIFF LOOKED VERY COMFORTABLE & ARE NOW RIGH

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:53 pm

My View/Opinion

TODAY CARDIFF LOOKED VERY COMFORTABLE & ARE NOW RIGHT BACK IN THE AUTOMATIC PROMOTION RACE :thumbright:

CARDIFF CITY GO BACK UP TO 2ND PLACE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP,WHERE THEY HAVE SPENT THE MAJORITY OF THEIR SEASON :thumbright: :thumbright:

Boro finished the stronger, But Cardiff deservedly won and Cardiff over all were never really threatened by Boro :thumbright:

Cardiff are now 6 games undefeated :thumbright: :bluebird:

CANTON STAND WERE NON STOP SINGING & VERY LOUD TODAY :thumbright: :bluebird:

First-Half: Scrappy opening from both clubs and there was not an awful lot to get excited about, But once Capt Sean Morrison had scored, it was City who looked the better team and finished the stronger.
Traore stood out in the first-half :thumbright:
Grujic really played well today :thumbright:

CARDIFF CITY 1 BORO 0 :thumbright: :bluebird:
Crowd 18,720
Away Support 920 Boro fans

City: Neil Etheridge,Bruno Manga,Sean Morrison, Sol Bamba,Joe Bennett ,Joe Ralls
Marko Grujic ,Callum Paterson ,Armand Traore ,Junior Hoilett Kenneth Zohore.

Sub: Brian Murphy ,Lee Peltier, Greg Halford ,Loic Damour ,Yanic Wildschut ,Nathaniel Mendez-Laing ,Anthony Pilkington

First 20mins Cardiff certainly had the better of the opening stages, with Junior Hoilett and Armand Traore were looking very lively on the flanks. But there was little in the way of clear cut chances for either side.

Over all it was a scrappy first 30 mins.

Then in the 33rd min, Hoilett free-kick, Morrison header 1-0 City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Once Capt Sean Morrison had scored, it was City who looked the better team and finished of the stronger.
Zohore stood out in the first-half :thumbright:

Plenty of good football in the midfield of the game.

City deserved to go in at half-time winning :thumbright: :bluebird:

H/T 1-0 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cardiff were playing by far the better football and Boro were looking lifeless upfront.

Boro made a subs in 60th min Mo Besic’s debut was over. He came off for Britt Assombalonga. It was a roll of the dice from Tony Pulis, putting 2 upfront Britt Assombalonga and Rudy Gusted.

Traore continued to play well, running everywhere.

By the 70th min Cardiff were looking comfortable.

70th min Lee Peltier came on for Armand Traore.

Marko Grujic came off for Loic Damou for City.

87min Greg Halford came Callum Paterson.

Boro finished the game stronger, But Cardiff deservedly won :thumbright: :thumbright:

F/T 1-0 :thumbright: :thumbright:

MY MAN OF THE MATCH ARMAND TRAORE :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

UP NEXT IPSWICH TOWN AWAY WEDNESDAY 21ST FEBRUARY 2018 :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW:TODAY CARDIFF LOOKED VERY COMFORTABLE & ARE NOW

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:56 pm

We can do this .

Players due back from injury too

Let's start filling the stadium!!

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Massive win! I would have taken a point before kick off against a Boro side I will have no doubt mount a playoff charge under Tony Pulis, but we deserved the win today! Great performance!

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:59 pm

Boro finished strongly as they had to commit but never looked like scoring. Well deserved victory.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:59 pm

UPDATED :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:00 pm

I think Warnock has just played his strongest 11 and will all start at Ipswich :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Huge win back in second so what more can we ask for brilliant win.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:06 pm

NIBluebird wrote:We can do this .

Players due back from injury too

Let's start filling the stadium!!

In Neil Warnock we trust :bluebird:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Massive win! I would have taken a point before kick off against a Boro side I will have no doubt mount a playoff charge under Tony Pulis, but we deserved the win today! Great performance!

Ross, Now we are really challenging for 2nd place :thumbright:

We had to win and we did :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Boro finished strongly as they had to commit but never looked like scoring. Well deserved victory.

Agreed Ian, Boro went for it in the last 4 mins of injury time, but still never really threatened.

Excellent City Win :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Dahboy wrote:I think Warnock has just played his strongest 11 and will all start at Ipswich :ayatollah:

I Still want to see more of Gary Madine :thumbright: :thumbright:

We have a strong squad, but plenty of injuries

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:09 pm

brickyblue wrote:Huge win back in second so what more can we ask for brilliant win.

Out of 7 months, City have spent 5 in the Top 2 and never out of the Top 4 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:11 pm

Reply FB

Eddie Roper dont understand the troare pelts swap with 15 to go put ourselves under pressure but great win .

Annis Abraham Playing it safe

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB

Eddie Roper dont understand the troare pelts swap with 15 to go put ourselves under pressure but great win .

In truth, Warnock’s substitutions were negative today, and brought pressure on us. Not a single player on the pitch seemed to know what was happening when Peltier came on, including Peltier himself. Between that, and bringing on Damour and Halford, we just turned absolutely defensive at a time when it looked like we could grab more goals. Lucky escape, to be honest, in that regard.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:36 pm

I look at the subs made worked. Boro would always throw everything at us but marko and Patterson would shattered. Damour was superb when he came on.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Massive win! I would have taken a point before kick off against a Boro side I will have no doubt mount a playoff charge under Tony Pulis, but we deserved the win today! Great performance!

Massive win yes, but I personally wouldn’t have taken a draw before the game.
We should be winning our home games against average sides like Boro ... and we did!

:bluescarf:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 pm

KWest wrote:

In truth, Warnock’s substitutions were negative today, and brought pressure on us. Not a single player on the pitch seemed to know what was happening when Peltier came on, including Peltier himself. Between that, and bringing on Damour and Halford, we just turned absolutely defensive at a time when it looked like we could grab more goals. Lucky escape, to be honest, in that regard.

He brought Peltier on so we could go 3 at the back as they just brought on 2 £10 million + strikers

It certainly wasn't a lucky escape!!!

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:41 pm

KWest wrote:

But we got three points. Who knows what might have happened had no subs been made?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:07 pm

" UPDATED & LOOKING GOOD " :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:12 pm

Hard fought win in a match, low on chances but good to watch.

Team deserve a big turnout next Sunday v Bristol City / not live on tv min 25,000 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:19 pm

Good win today and deserved it.We need our forwards to start scoring otherwise it will start to bite us on our bum soon.
Don’t understand the comment right back in the race for 2nd spot,We haven’t been out of it all season!

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock picked out the battle of the Traores as one of key drivers in his side's hard-fought 1-0 win over Middlesbrough on Saturday and said Traore did everything and kept Boro at bay

Armand Traores :bluebird:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hard fought win in a match, low on chances but good to watch.

Team deserve a big turnout next Sunday v Bristol City / not live on tv min 25,000 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Spot on mate :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock felt Middlesbrough "never looked like scoring" as he continued his personal hoodoo over them.

The 69-year-old is yet to lose a single home league match against Boro throughout his managerial career, and has won 11 of his 16 outings against the Teesside outfit.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Hard fought win in a match, low on chances but good to watch.

:bluebird: :thumbright:

Surely has to be min 25,000 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:48 pm

theclaw wrote:Good win today and deserved it.We need our forwards to start scoring otherwise it will start to bite us on our bum soon.
Don’t understand the comment right back in the race for 2nd spot,We haven’t been out of it all season!

Yes I agree it would be nice for the strikers to score more,but I will take these hard fought wins :thumbright: :thumbright:

Rem Malky's team did the same :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Peltier came on to man mark Traore who was their biggest threat with his speed and physicality

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Annis, you would think recent results and the game against Bristol City would draw in a decent crowd :thumbright:

The team haven't let the fans down too much this season; sadly, the same cannot always be said the other way around!

C'mon City fans. Set alarm clocks, buy tickets early (less cost) and let's make the stadium rock next Sunday! :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Surely has to be min 25,000 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

You don't really expect that crowd do you?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:12 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

You don't really expect that crowd do you?

Why not?

We are 2nd in the Championship, been in Top 2 for 5 months,been never out of the Top 4 all season.
Its a local derby, Bristol City are also challenging for promotion.
Its not on tv.
You can buy tickets for Under 16s for a £5 and Adults £18 :thumbright:

For 7 months now fans said the bigger crowds will come if City look serious about promotion, well they surely are :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

If City fans, 30,000 of them can turn up when its live on tv on a Sunday v Man City in just the 4th Rd of the FACUP, Why not for this game with much more at stake?