TONY PULIS: WHAT HE SAID AFTER TODAYS DEFEAT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:14 pm

Middlesbrough boss Tony Pulis reveals his admiration for Cardiff City under Neil Warnock -

Saturday 17th February 2018

Tony Pulis revealed he admires Cardiff City's identity following Middlesbrough's 1-0 defeat to the Bluebirds.

Sean Morrison's first half header earned Neil Warnock's men all three points in the Welsh capital and lifted the Bluebirds back into the Championship's automatic promotion places.

But for Boro, defeat leaves them four points adrift of the top six with 14 games left to play.

And Pulis heaped praise on the Bluebirds for the way they have gone about their business under Warnock this season.

"I thought in the first half we found it difficult to cope with Cardiff," said Pulis.

"Cardiff really squeezed the life out of us at times. They're very good at what they do. They've got an identity and they play to that identity. Whether you like it or not they do it very well.

"You look at their team, they've got five or six players who are over 6ft 3in, never mind ones over six foot.

"We knew it was going to be difficult but I've got no complaints. That's how they play, that's the way it is and they've been fantastic this year.

"It was a difficult pitch and we've got some good players in the team. But Cardiff are second in the league for a reason. They've got an identity, and I like watching teams with an identity. Whether you agree with it or like watching it that's up to you. But I can't stand watching teams without an identity."

Pulis was left disappointed after the game having seen Morrison's goal clinch all three points for the hosts.

And the Welshman believes the Cardiff captain should have been penalised for a foul on Ben Gibson in the buildup to the goal.

"Set-plays were always going to be important for us today," added the Cardiff boss.

"Looking at it, we think it's a free-kick (for the goal). Morrison is all over Gibson but we don't get that decision and truthfully that was the decisive moment in the game."
Attachments
TonJS142594582.jpg
TonJS142594582.jpg (49.36 KiB) Viewed 3075 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: TONY PULIS: WHAT HE SAID AFTER TODAYS DEFEAT

Postby davids » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Grujic absolutely clattered at the back post by two Boro defenders should have been a penalty all day long so quit moaning about decisions going against you.
davids

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Last three games against honest physical teams...Very few physio's on for what have been bruising encounters. Really enjoyed todays game
llan bluebird

Postby englishbluebird » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Hes right about identity. we play the Warnock way like it or not and its mightily effective. Two very efficient victories at home this week :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby Chris Holmes » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Ha ha, it's almost as if Pulis is saying we out-Pulisied him
Chris Holmes

Postby Sloper Road » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Was he trying to avoid using the term long ball? thought we outplayed them on the floor today. as for saying we got tall players ,seem to remember none of his previous teams being full of midgets..We happen to have a lot of tall talented players..
Sloper Road

Postby davids » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Sloper Road wrote:Was he trying to avoid using the term long ball? thought we outplayed them on the floor today. as for saying we got tall players ,seem to remember none of his previous teams being full of midgets..We happen to have a lot of tall talented players..

Spot on. When his Stoke team came to Ninian Park in the season they got promoted it was like Land of The Giants.

Boro must have been the only team we've played this season that had more long throws than we did. They even had their own towel on the sideline like Gunnarsson :lol:

If the ball boys were awake (unlikely I know) they should have hidden the towels :thumbup:
davids

Postby Lawnmower » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:19 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Last three games against honest physical teams...Very few physio's on for what have been bruising encounters. Really enjoyed todays game

3 physical sides. 3 strong performances.

All less dirty than Leeds
Lawnmower

Return to General Chat